ADVERTISEMENT

Strickland to PU

I think they are all comparable though. Very comparable. They won last year. Minny by a bad call from the hometown ref and Nebraska by 10 after Purdue handed then 17 points. I'm not saying Purdue is better than them, I'm saying you can't just act like Nebraska and Minnesota will beat Purdue.

It's like iu vs cincy. You can't sit here and act like cincy is better than iu, but you can't dismiss the fact that iu might beat them either. Whereas it seems like when people look at purdues schedule, they see iowa, minny, Nebraska, and iu as guaranteed losses.
I don't think anyone is saying they are guaranteed losses, but to act victimized because people don't see a road to 6-7 Purdue wins isn't a stretch by any means.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Our entire secondary is better then what you guys have. We have 3 guys coming back that were on all big 10 teams. Our linebackers are better then yours for sure and our tight end is better, no question. We have better depth at the running back spot then you guys have with the transfer of Stephen Carr coming in. Receivers are tight and you have the edge at defensive end for sure, but that's it.

You guys literally have two players, maybe three with Hartwig, that would play for us.

How you can say our talent is comparable is laughable.
GK is a stud, but IU's line as a whole is much better than Purdue's. Anthony Watts is hurt and likely going to be out for an extended period of time and it's rumored that Mitchell (the other DE) is academically ineligible.

I think they are all comparable though. Very comparable. They won last year. Minny by a bad call from the hometown ref and Nebraska by 10 after Purdue handed then 17 points. I'm not saying Purdue is better than them, I'm saying you can't just act like Nebraska and Minnesota will beat Purdue.

It's like iu vs cincy. You can't sit here and act like cincy is better than iu, but you can't dismiss the fact that iu might beat them either. Whereas it seems like when people look at purdues schedule, they see iowa, minny, Nebraska, and iu as guaranteed losses.
IU is better than Cincy. Cincy plays inferior opponents and that’s not debatable. Cincy is a predicted win on just about every website. Vegas likes our odds too. I think the biggest problem for PU is the QB position. Our second QB is better than your starter. That will be the case in just about every game PU plays.

IU is better than Cincy. Cincy plays inferior opponents and that’s not debatable. Cincy is a predicted win on just about every website. Vegas likes our odds too. I think the biggest problem for PU is the QB position. Our second QB is better than your starter. That will be the case in just about every game PU plays.
I'm not sure I disagree at this moment, but I think Plummer makes that jump. He's an upperclassmen now. Has some experience. Has the talent. This offense will go as far as he takes it. Otherwise, turn to alaimo and give it to the QB of the future.

GK is a stud, but IU's line as a whole is much better than Purdue's. Anthony Watts is hurt and likely going to be out for an extended period of time and it's rumored that Mitchell (the other DE) is academically ineligible.
I know that's the rumor on Mitchell, but I'm guessing he plays. I think the defense has the pieces to be good enough. The safety duo is pretty good. They have one good CB in Trice. Alexander is a solid LB. Really need Brothers to step up. Curious if Graham can make a jump this year. It's the depth I worry about on D. Very unproven. As mentioned, it just needs to kind of hang on and hopefully be comparable or a bit better in total ppg given up last year. I could live with middle of the pack.

Regarding IU's DE situation, I definitely wouldn't write off the two SEC transfers. The Ole Miss kid is a fine player and the big Auburn kid was all-world out of high school. Their size is pretty darn impressive, too.

Indiana will be just fine at DE...maybe even very good!

I know that's the rumor on Mitchell, but I'm guessing he plays. I think the defense has the pieces to be good enough. The safety duo is pretty good. They have one good CB in Trice. Alexander is a solid LB. Really need Brothers to step up. Curious if Graham can make a jump this year. It's the depth I worry about on D. Very unproven. As mentioned, it just needs to kind of hang on and hopefully be comparable or a bit better in total ppg given up last year. I could live with middle of the pack.
Already in Selling and Sales, the new go to pud major for jocks. Gotta get a C in that for god's sake.

Reactions: Excellent Post
Regarding IU's DE situation, I definitely wouldn't write off the two SEC transfers. The Ole Miss kid is a fine player and the big Auburn kid was all-world out of high school. Their size is pretty darn impressive, too.

Indiana will be just fine at DE...maybe even very good!
We upgraded in some really weak areas. DE was an issue last year. We hid it pretty well by blitzing with the LBs and our ends dropping. I suspect and hope we won’t have to do that as much.

Reactions: td75
I'm not sure I disagree at this moment, but I think Plummer makes that jump. He's an upperclassmen now. Has some experience. Has the talent. This offense will go as far as he takes it. Otherwise, turn to alaimo and give it to the QB of the future.
Most QBs never make that jump. If they have it they have it. Plummer doesn’t.

Most QBs never make that jump. If they have it they have it. Plummer doesn’t.
That's interesting that you think QB's don't get much better. I look at Blough and Sindelar and think, both made a pretty respectable jump under Brohm. To a degree, there is that it factor that some QB's struggle to have naturally, but they can still be very good at the college level. There is certainly development though.

That's interesting that you think QB's don't get much better. I look at Blough and Sindelar and think, both made a pretty respectable jump under Brohm. To a degree, there is that it factor that some QB's struggle to have naturally, but they can still be very good at the college level. There is certainly development though.
I think Blough and Sindelar naturally were a lot more talented than either Plummer or O'Connell. They were just held back by a completely anaemic offense with a lack of playmakers. I think both Plummer and O'Connell are both serviceable QB's, but not QB's that are going to go out and win you a football game. They're game managers. Purdue's defense needs to step up in a big way to take the pressure off the QB situation.

Reactions: BoilerN
We are potentially heading back to masks and closed businesses because of these idiots.
There is no logical defense. We are potentially heading back to masks and closed businesses because of these idiots. Mitch went with "everybody else is doing it and "these are college kids,,,they don't get sick. Jesus Christ Mitch...act like a leader.
Sure there is. If what the “experts” have told us about being vaccinated is true, the number of vaccinated people who get hospitalized or die from COVID is minuscule. Same for young children. Unvaccinated people? Not so much. It’s an assumed risk on their part. It’s not everyone else’s responsibility to protect them.

Why should we not make decisions based on the realistic probabilities? Some people want to approach it like the poem about the kid throwing starfish back into the ocean. It made a difference to that one! Nice sentiment for a poem but a stupid way to deal with real world problems.

Sure there is. If what the “experts” have told us about being vaccinated is true, the number of vaccinated people who get hospitalized or die from COVID is minuscule. Same for young children. Unvaccinated people? Not so much. It’s an assumed risk on their part. It’s not everyone else’s responsibility to protect them.

Why should we not make decisions based on the realistic probabilities? Some people want to approach it like the poem about the kid throwing starfish back into the ocean. It made a difference to that one! Nice sentiment for a poem but a stupid way to deal with real world problems.
Continue brewing those variants and we will all be back with masks and restrictions.

No one is "protecting them" We gave up on "them" We are protecting us.

Get your shot or stay the hell home.

Continue brewing those variants and we will all be back with masks and restrictions.

No one is "protecting them" We gave up on "them" We are protecting us.

Get your shot or stay the hell home.
I for one think freedom is at work. If a place mandates masks and vaccines so be it. Everyone has a choice. It just might not be the choices they want. I chose to go with science and the lesser of the two evils. Pfizer vaccine worked for me. People get to hung up on the political side. Get it or don’t. I’m not going to argue either way.

I think that Purdue’s (or any offense for that matter) will go as far as the OL. You got to have beef and depth there or it doesn’t matter who you have slinging the ball. Eventually, the guy will be running for his life if the OL gets worn down.

Reactions: BoilerN
I think that Purdue’s (or any offense for that matter) will go as far as the OL. You got to have beef and depth there or it doesn’t matter who you have slinging the ball. Eventually, the guy will be running for his life if the OL gets worn down.
Tom Allen said that on the Dakich podcast. He said we are still pushing for more depth on the lines. Was a weakness on both sides for us last year.

I'm not sure how great the run game will be next year, although it wasn't bad when healthy last year. This year should have more depth and talent then Brohm has seen at Purdue imo. Obviously have to prove it. Pass pro really wasn't an issue last year. It was the run game once the starting interior all got hurt.

I will correct his post. PU is the better school for cilvil engineering...the major in question. IU better in the business disciplines which are not in question here.

I beg to differ. When it comes to operations Purdue does better and I have a MBA from IU in Operations.

IU already has the states #1 rated recruit committed and just made Curry's top 5. Awful lot of talk considering Purdue finished DEAD last in recruiting in the B10 last year.
Some context here. Purdue didn't take a ton of guys, so that hurt its class. Average recruit ranking was in the same neighborhood as the bottom 6 teams. Still wasn't great. Good news is, that class doesn't really affect the team for at least 2 years.

Congrats on getting the top player? You hired his dad. Curry would be a huge win for iu, but I see him going to osu. Side note: Why wouldn't you go to osu if you were a DE wanting to make the NFL? Weird flex from you and the guy you responded to. With not much context. Anyways, it's going to be a fun year for both teams I think!

Some context here. Purdue didn't take a ton of guys, so that hurt its class. Average recruit ranking was in the same neighborhood as the bottom 6 teams. Still wasn't great. Good news is, that class doesn't really affect the team for at least 2 years.

Congrats on getting the top player? You hired his dad. Curry would be a huge win for iu, but I see him going to osu. Side note: Why wouldn't you go to osu if you were a DE wanting to make the NFL? Weird flex from you and the guy you responded to. With not much context. Anyways, it's going to be a fun year for both teams I think!
Lol@hiring his dad. He’s still committed. Don’t act like that’s never happened. By the way. Go over and tell the douche PUke brothers on GB to get over it. Calling for people to be banned. I went over to discuss and to congratulate and stepped into a pile of dog crap. Bunch of crybabies and ultra sensitive babies over there. Can’t discuss anything. You on the other hand are usually cordial at least.

Lol@hiring his dad. He’s still committed. Don’t act like that’s never happened. By the way. Go over and tell the douche PUke brothers on GB to get over it. Calling for people to be banned. I went over to discuss and to congratulate and stepped into a pile of dog crap. Bunch of crybabies and ultra sensitive babies over there. Can’t discuss anything. You on the other hand are usually cordial at least.
That's typically why I don't go to that free board. Times have been slow on the paid board though. So I ventured over there. Like talking to a brick wall.... lol

Facts: IU has the #1 rated recruit in the state (I don't give a shit who his dad is) and IU just made the top 5 for the state's #2 recruit.

Also a fact: Purdue finished dead last in recruiting last year.

Facts: IU has the #1 rated recruit in the state (I don't give a shit who his dad is) and IU just made the top 5 for the state's #2 recruit.

Also a fact: Purdue finished dead last in recruiting last year.
Did I not mention facts? Good news is, last years class has no bearings on the next couple years. Also doesn't account for transfers.

I beg to differ. When it comes to operations Purdue does better and I have a MBA from IU in Operations.
Ops is fine but like engineering a releatively small part of the business model. If you want to be a supervisor on an assembly line or Dir of Ops...Krannert is your place. If you want to be the CEO of the enterprise and you can get in...Kelley is your place.

Ops is fine but like engineering a releatively small part of the business model. If you want to be a supervisor on an assembly line or Dir of Ops...Krannert is your place. If you want to be the CEO of the enterprise and you can get in...Kelley is your place.
It’s like comparing engineering programs. Way far apart.

What you fail to realize is that Dasan's dad is the one that initiated the conversations about coming back to Indiana.

Kind of telling of the direction of the program that Allen is building that a former NFL running backs coach of the year would teach put to us for the position.

Did I not mention facts? Good news is, last years class has no bearings on the next couple years. Also doesn't account for transfers.
Loved some of your comments on GBI when i looked to see how Strickland was received:

1. "IU did nothing impressive last year"
2. "O$U is the only thing that makes the divisions unbalanced, move OSU to the west and the west is tougher than the east"
3. Iowa was better than IU last year

But But The best discovery of all is that ordfan is alive and well on GBI posting on one his old handles here...Kern County. He is focused mostly on telling lies about me (no surprise) but still trashing IU, IU fans and IU academics.

Last edited:
None of that makes what you said correct. But carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT