ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming Service Advice

CriticArisen

Senior
Sep 21, 2005
I intend to change my current off-brand problem laden streaming service to hopefully something better. My interests are mainly IU bball, other NCAA bball, and NFL. IU bball is by far the most important. Does anyone have a good recommendation for new service?

I've been happy with YouTube TV. Don't think there's been an IU game that wasn't available on the platform. At least not in 2020...

~$65 a month. 70 some channels. We have 4 TVs - can only stream on 3 at a time. For us not a deal breaker.

I intend to change my current off-brand problem laden streaming service to hopefully something better. My interests are mainly IU bball, other NCAA bball, and NFL. IU bball is by far the most important. Does anyone have a good recommendation for new service?
Youtube TV. Going on 18 months since I first signed up. It’s wonderful. Has all the sports channels you are interested in.

Reactions: CriticArisen
If you got a roku with whatever internet service, get the Eyestream app! Only like $30-$40/mth, and you get a ton of channels. Only a few local Indy stations, but many other city stations(fox,abc,nbc sports channels). Espn channels/b10/acc channels, Free cinemax/Hbo, free ppv channels.(I was able to watch the Tyson vs Jones jr. fight free), but what really sold me was FREE nfl package channels and redzone!!! The channels may sometimes black out or cut picture, but they said that would be fixed with their next update!

We've had Hulu for a couple of years and haven't had any troubles

I tried belt-tightening and went with the basic Sling sports package (Orange-$30/mo) with the intention of adding their premium sports package that is $10 extra. Unfortunately they play some games there, and they only make the premium sports package available on the non-sports basic, so in addition to adding it, if you want ESPN and ESPN2 & 3, you have to get both basic packages, so it's $45/mo for the 2 basic packages and then another $10/mo for the premium sports. Still not bad at $55/mo, but I haven't signed up just because it pissed me off. I will say that I've been very happy with Sling overall on my TVs and the app on my phone. It includes a basic DVR service too so I can record a few things. I think Sling with all the packages mentioned would give you everything you are looking for at $55/mo. I'd compare it to YoutubeTV which I've also heard good things about and go with the one that you feel best about. Let us know what you do.

God rural America blows. I am at $155 a month. They are installing fiber literally as we speak tho. REMC for the win. Cannot wait to dump Direct TV. Awesome service unless it rains, but expensive as shit. Oh and I pay $120 a month for Viasat internet. I get like 2-4GBs of speed. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT