ADVERTISEMENT

Stranded on an island

You get to bring whatever 7 people you want to bring with you. You don’t even have to know them.
You get a boom box with unlimited battery and the entire musical library of one artist and no one else. You are going to survive for your natural lifetime.
This is not a question of who is the best artist.
Me:
Van Morrison

My wife would agree with you. This is her favorite song. Her second would be Bruce (the boss).

Reactions: glmiu11
You get to bring whatever 7 people you want to bring with you. You don’t even have to know them.
You get a boom box with unlimited battery and the entire musical library of one artist and no one else. You are going to survive for your natural lifetime.
This is not a question of who is the best artist.
Me:
Van Morrison

Sorry, spamming this post. We should also ask if you wanted the others to "remove" themselves, then Ryan Adams. I love him but my friend listened to all of his depressing songs all the time and my other friend labeled it "Kill me" music.

Sorry, spamming this post. We should also ask if you wanted the others to "remove" themselves, then Ryan Adams. I love him but my friend listened to all of his depressing songs all the time and my friend labeled it "Kill me" music.

This one’s in my top 25songs. Ryan Adams doesn’t sneak into my top 100 though.
I strongly agree with your point.

This one’s in my top 25songs. Ryan Adams doesn’t sneak into my top 100 though.
I strongly agree with your point.

Yep, that's one of them lol. Here's a more upbeat song but very different when acoustic.

Here's acoustic of Come Pick Me Up in the same set as other song I posted below..

Acoustic

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yep, that's one of them lol. Here's a more upbeat song but very different when acoustic.

Here's acoustic of Come Pick Me Up in the same set as other song I posted below..

Acoustic
Thanks. I listened to about half of that acoustic version and switched it to the van song you posted and blasted it. I take back the Ryan Adams song being in my 25. It may have been once.
I’ll check the songs out that you posted tho for sure.

Reactions: IUclover
I’m a huge Springsteen fan, but Van was one of my original musical heroes. My screen name is in honor of Van Morrison, it’s not my name.
Atta boy.

My dad brought me up on the king. I know about every word to just about every Elvis song. But Van is the cats pajamas man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison
Ben Folds is super underrated. Know some stuff, probably appreciate him more than anything.
I saw a Ben Folds / Violent Femmes show last summer. VF went first and were so good (I’m not really a huge fan) and more importantly so loud that by the time Ben came in I was drained and he seemed so soft. I couldn’t finish the set and had to leave as it was getting late on a work night. I do love his music but that sequencing didn’t work out for him.

I saw a Ben Folds / Violent Femmes show last summer. VF went first and were so good (I’m not really a huge fan) and more importantly so loud that by the time Ben came in I was drained and he seemed so soft. I couldn’t finish the set and had to leave as it was getting late on a work night. I do love his music but that sequencing didn’t work out for him.
Did you get to hear army live?

Grateful Dead - including live albums

The 7
Elizabeth Hurley
Helen Mirren
Margot Robbie
Emily Ratjakowski
Kate Upton
Tyra Banks
Halle Berry

The rest of you suck at making 7 lists

So you are surrounding yourself with several hot women who won't have sex with you? Sounds like torture to me.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
I’m a huge Springsteen fan, but Van was one of my original musical heroes. My screen name is in honor of Van Morrison, it’s not my name.

Here I thought you were a huge fan of The Doors for the last few years... j/k

Thanks. I listened to about half of that acoustic version and switched it to the van song you posted and blasted it. I take back the Ryan Adams song being in my 25. It may have been once.
I’ll check the songs out that you posted tho for sure.

If you want to cry while listening to Ryan Adams cover Gram Parsons’ ‘A Song for You’.. here you go. It’s actually really amazing with some other amazing musicians.

So you are surrounding yourself with several hot women who won't have sex with you? Sounds like torture to me.
I am guessing that time is no factor so I will pick people in the prime of their lives, including me:

Shakespeare
Tolstoy
Beethoven
Hedy Lamarr (but I guess she was kind of bitch in reality but perhaps she can invent something to make the island more pleasant for the rest of us)
Grace Kelly
Ava Gardner (probably the most fun one of the whole group)
Gene Tierney

So one girl for every guy. I think that would be fair.

Reactions: outside shooter
Hessville IN Little League Cubs

Scott Decker
Steve Vadis
Geg Anderson
Jack Kielman
Al Hill
Dickie Dennis
Les Sydel

If you want to cry while listening to Ryan Adams cover Gram Parsons’ ‘A Song for You’.. here you go. It’s actually really amazing with some other amazing musicians.

I used to be a monster large Ryan Adams fan until I found out he’s a creep. Then again, Mandy Moore is also ruining one of my other favorite bands right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing that time is no factor so I will pick people in the prime of their lives, including me:

Shakespeare
Tolstoy
Beethoven
Hedy Lamarr (but I guess she was kind of bitch in reality but perhaps she can invent something to make the island more pleasant for the rest of us)
Grace Kelly
Ava Gardner (probably the most fun one of the whole group)
Gene Tierney

So one girl for every guy. I think that would be fair.
You wouldn’t be able to communicate with the first three

I have to admit, when I first moved to California years ago, I lived in LA. I’ll never forget when I first hit town, driving down Sunset Blvd in Hollywood with LA Woman blasting on the speakers, while checking out the scenery. I knew then I would never go back. That song is special to me.
That sounds awesome

Reactions: Morrison
Seems like a weird combination. I never got into the Violent Femmes.

I made a mess of this. It would be hard to do one band/artist so with that being said, give me some Beck and Frank Zappa while we’re at it.

The Chemical Brothers (they collaborate a lot so you get more artists)

We should start another thread for this particular topic, but if I had an intro song as an IU bball player for Hoosier Hysteria, it might be this..

But if an intro thread discussion.. this..

More people should listen to TV on The Radio. Oh boy, very good.
Wolf Like Me is actually a cover song, but they do it well.

Golden Age is a straight up groove. Love it. Careful You is another sonic buster.

Hopefully someone here listens and is turned on.

I used to be a monster large Ryan Adams fan until I found out he’s a creep. Then again, Mandy Moore is also ruining one of my other favorite bands right now.

You mean MM is ruining Dawes?

this task of picking one desert island artist is folly. No matter what I’d pick (impossible task) I’d hate by week four.

Reactions: UncleMark
I love Beck. I’ve never gotten into Zappa. People I like have told me to.

Yea man, Frank was super talented. Composed all of the music. At the end of the day there are certain musicians that I don’t find pleasing from an audio standpoint, but appreciate their musical ability.

Might be the case with Frank with some people? His music was certainly out there.

One thing I also admired is that Frank fought hard against all sorts of issues including Tipper Gore (and others), “censorship movement”. He was fairly outspoken about many, many issues including the media and how they reported news.

For everything he said, which was plenty, he was intellectually consistent across the board. Always appreciated that whether I agreed or disagreed.

Very interesting dude for sure.

Reactions: glmiu11
I’ve got to go with the Beatles. I’m going to keep my family home and I’ll take: my doctor , love her and need someone to keep me healthy, David Simon so we could talk about The Wire, Chrissie Tiegen, as she’s hilarious and a good cook, John Legend so she wouldn’t be miserable and we need music, George Clooney for obvious reasons, a trainer, and my stylist so my hair isn’t constantly a mess and we are friends. And my dog and lots of books.

More people should listen to TV on The Radio. Oh boy, very good.
Wolf Like Me is actually a cover song, but they do it well.

Golden Age is a straight up groove. Love it. Careful You is another sonic buster.

Hopefully someone here listens and is turned on.

I like Young Liars as well. Usually comes up on my playlist when I'm washing the dishes. Oh, and Staring at the Sun.

Reactions: vslice2bad
I like Young Liars as well. Usually comes up on my playlist when I'm washing the dishes. Oh, and Staring at the Sun.
I never took you for a Trumpster.

57b5bea1db5ce9b20f8b7737

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F170821152317-donald-trump-squint-point-eclipse.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT