ADVERTISEMENT

Stopped into the recruit event last night

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
obvioisly the coaches are biased and the highlight film is selective but I saw some serious closing speed last night on defense and I liked the look of the kicker...mashed the ball.

Chatted with TA before it started. Superficial stuff because I don't know him but he was quite pumped about...well...everything which appears to be his nature.

Took my wife since it was Valentine's Day and all..she says "do they have to keep running the video back and forth, I am getting sea sick". Next year I am doomed to an Opera on Val Day

Last edited:
obvioisly the coaches are biased and the highlight film is selective but I saw some serious closing speed last night on defense and I liked the look of the kicker...mashed the ball.

Chatted with TA before it started. Superficial stuff because I don't know him but he was quite pumped about...well...everything which appears to be his nature.
Hey, I chatted with CTA before the event as well. Did I see you there?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Took my wife since it was Valentine's Day and all..she says "do they have to keep running the video back and forth, I am getting sea sick". Next year I am doomed to an Opra on VD.

Nothing says "romance", like IUFB or Oprah. Lol. At least Oprah is consistent.

Was relaxing and watched the video / coaches comments video of the event. (Any wives who went to this on Valentines Day are either saints or truly great fans!). But I of course enjoyed the overview.

Monster (DB), Jaylin Williams (CB), VA RB, and Reese from BD (if only he were 6’2!) jumped out the most to me. But overall, there are some big hitters, better athletes and I think some very legit film showing an overall strong class coming in.

I’m an optimist of 7-5 next year and continuing to go up from there recruiting and in wins. Like the future outlook.

Was relaxing and watched the video / coaches comments video of the event. (Any wives who went to this on Valentines Day are either saints or truly great fans!). But I of course enjoyed the overview.

Monster (DB), Jaylin Williams (CB), VA RB, and Reese from BD (if only he were 6’2!) jumped out the most to me. But overall, there are some big hitters, better athletes and I think some very legit film showing an overall strong class coming in.

I’m an optimist of 7-5 next year and continuing to go up from there recruiting and in wins. Like the future outlook.
What was your 2017 prediction?

He made a prediction for next year and I was interested in context. If you're not able to offer an opinion, you shouldn't post in the thread. I'm sorry you're so upset by this, though.

Mine was 12-0, Rose Bowl - wanna fight?

I'm yer huckleberry.

(Then again, I also explained why we could go 2-10, 3-9, 4-8, etc. I wear my IU glasses right up to the point I see some real life play that makes me put a finger upside my head and go "hmmm." As for next year, so far, I see 12-0, Rose Bowl on the horizon. Lock. You can look it up.)

I'm with you on 7-5. CTA now has a full season at the helm under his belt and the system should be firing on all cylinders. It's also likely that, unlike last year when two of our first four games were against Ohio State and Penn State, we'll have a chance to establish some momentum early on. The first half of the schedule is a lot more forgiving than last year's was, and a 5-1 start is a very real possibility.

What was your 2017 prediction?

Last season I thought they were going to hit 6-6 and go bowling again. Was disappointed in 3 losses they definitely could have won and the less than stellar offense...but I am big Tom Allen fan and thought the recruiting class was solid, and new S/C hires are a 10!

Biggest other change for next year is a so much more favorable schedule and bye week in week 7 or 8 vs week 2 from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT