ADVERTISEMENT

Stevie Beats the PussyCats Again

SixthFlagComing

Freshman
Dec 15, 2012
Enjoyed watching Alford and UCLA beat UK yesterday. I'm glad he's not our coach at Indiana, but I always cheer for his success.

On a separate note - how overrated is UK? They haven't played anybody - certainly haven't beaten anybody and somehow are ranked in the top ten. I assume that will change.

Looking forward to the Sleaze Bowl on Friday when UK and UL play each other. Perhaps Lucifer himself could throw up the opening tip.

Enjoyed watching Alford and UCLA beat UK yesterday. I'm glad he's not our coach at Indiana, but I always cheer for his success.

On a separate note - how overrated is UK? They haven't played anybody - certainly haven't beaten anybody and somehow are ranked in the top ten. I assume that will change.

Looking forward to the Sleaze Bowl on Friday when UK and UL play each other. Perhaps Lucifer himself could throw up the opening tip.

Had to miss the game but always glad to see Cal and his apologists take an L.

They have a thread up on Ruff Rafters about Brad Stevens. Apparently the UK fan base thinks they should fire Cal and hire Stevens.

Why even farther fetched? Bet they’d put a better package together than we would. They, unlike our administration over the years are unquestionably committed to winning & remaining an elite program.
Buy stock in Depends because the IU faithful would absolutely start pooping their pants.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Why even farther fetched? Bet they’d put a better package together than we would. They, unlike our administration over the years are unquestionably committed to winning & remaining an elite program.
So much truth in this.

What about the Donovan rumors. Was he even in the discussion?

Donovan was much more realistic than Stevens ever was. And yes, we had discussions with his camp. He wanted a boatload of money and wasn't willing to commit right away but he didn't just shoot us down. It didn't work out but it was at least possible.

Reactions: fpeaugh
They have a thread up on Ruff Rafters about Brad Stevens. Apparently the UK fan base thinks they should fire Cal and hire Stevens.
I think Stevens is committed to try and finish his job with the Celtics. I also think the only college job he’d entertain would be Duke. Give Coach K five more years and Stevens would be ready to return.

I just couldn't see Stevens going to UK because of the kind of person he is. UK is dirty and he would never want to go there and put up with their boosters and fan base.

Reactions: hoosier48
I just couldn't see Stevens going to UK because of the kind of person he is. UK is dirty and he would never want to go there and put up with their boosters and fan base.

UK is dirty how? Because of 1988? Cals history at UMass and Memphis? I understand perception of a programs like UK and UNC, UofL but when big money talks everyone listens.

Since UK has had more major violations of any college program in the history of the NCAA.

Yep, and Rick Pitino was the guy in charge of clean-up duty, which in retrospect is highly questionable. Now you have Cal with the two vacated Final Fours. To have doubts about UK playing fair and square is, at the very least, a reasonable position.

Maybe they don't need to cheat anymore, but the empire was built completely on cheating. So, to me, it doesn't really matter if they are cheating currently or not... they are still cheaters.

Yep, and Rick Pitino was the guy in charge of clean-up duty, which in retrospect is highly questionable. Now you have Cal with the two vacated Final Fours. To have doubts about UK playing fair and square is, at the very least, a reasonable position.

Maybe they don't need to cheat anymore, but the empire was built completely on cheating. So, to me, it doesn't really matter if they are cheating currently or not... they are still cheaters.

Thats silly thats like saying 10 years ago I was an alcoholic but since Ive been clean. Your logic says since I was an alcoholic 10 years ago I must be drunk today! Sounds dumb right? Assuming things like this. If this holds true than IU put up with a vulgar/abusive bully for 30 years and a known cheater they hired in 2006. IU was once a cheater and will always be a cheater. LoL take off the blinders folks.

I think Stevens is committed to try and finish his job with the Celtics. I also think the only college job he’d entertain would be Duke. Give Coach K five more years and Stevens would be ready to return.
The Duke job is Bobby Hurley's when Coach K retires.

Stevens would have to be an absolute sleaze ball to go to UK, which he is not.

Thats silly thats like saying 10 years ago I was an alcoholic but since Ive been clean. Your logic says since I was an alcoholic 10 years ago I must be drunk today! Sounds dumb right? Assuming things like this. If this holds true than IU put up with a vulgar/abusive bully for 30 years and a known cheater they hired in 2006. IU was once a cheater and will always be a cheater. LoL take off the blinders folks.

You didn't get my point. If you build an empire by robbing and stealing, the empire isn't magically cleansed because you no longer need to rob and steal.

If by chance, UK finds itself in a position where it no longer needs to cheat to win today, it's only in that position because of a long, long heritage of cheating.

Im not defending UK or Cal past or presant but to not think that if a blue blood with everything to offer (tradition ,fanbase, facilities, championships) offered millions to a top notch coach that they'd NOT listen because UK is known as "cheaters" is stupid as hell. Thats some fall on the floor hilarious right there! Some of you must be in your candy strips with a "were back" shirt on waiting on Santa! LoL

Im not defending UK or Cal past or presant but to not think that if a blue blood with everything to offer (tradition ,fanbase, facilities, championships) offered millions to a top notch coach that they'd NOT listen because UK is known as "cheaters" is stupid as hell. Thats some fall on the floor hilarious right there! Some of you must be in your candy strips with a "were back" shirt on waiting on Santa! LoL

I don't doubt that they could entice Stevens or any other big name coach when the position comes available again. I was only commenting on the notion that UK is a clean program.

Reactions: russelltodd
You didn't get my point. If you build an empire by robbing and stealing, the empire isn't magically cleansed because you no longer need to rob and steal.

If by chance, UK finds itself in a position where it no longer needs to cheat to win today, it's only in that position because of a long, long heritage of cheating.

You need to live in the real world . Money, success and winning drive the bus. If a top coach is available and the price is right it will happen no matter whats the schools past.

Reactions: fpeaugh
You need to live in the real world . Money, success and winning drive the bus. If a top coach is available and the price is right it will happen no matter whats the schools past.

Dude... everybody knows that UK will land a top coach next round! We are not connected in this conversation for some reason... I'm out!

Merry X-Mas to you and yours!!

I also think the only college job he’d entertain would be Duke
Why? He has nothing to do with Duke and Duke has nothing to do with him. Just because both coaches wore similarly cut blue suits doesn't mean he would want to coach there. Plus, it's well known that Duke basketball wants a Duke guy when K goes. Stevens is not a Duke guy.

Stevens has repeatedly said he is very happy in the NBA with a franchise that loves him. He has repeatedly said he wouldn't entertain a college offer. Cal isn't going anywhere, unless he chooses to. This whole conversation is ridiculous. Don't feed the troll....

Stevens has repeatedly said he is very happy in the NBA with a franchise that loves him. He has repeatedly said he wouldn't entertain a college offer. Cal isn't going anywhere, unless he chooses to. This whole conversation is ridiculous. Don't feed the troll....

Stevens is never coaching college again.

Cal will be gone as soon as his son graduates.

Who would UK get right now? Same with UNC. Duke probably has 2 solid options in Collins and Hurley, but are they elite? And then you have Cuse and UofL....

Stevens is never coaching college again. Billy D will have no problem finding a job in the NBA.

Sean Miller? With the FBI thing hanging over it’s head?

Self, Wright, and Izzo aren’t going anywhere. What’s the next group of elite coaches once Cal, K, and Roy are gone?

The college basketball landscape is on the verge of a major change.

Stevens is never coaching college again.

Cal will be gone as soon as his son graduates.

I love these absolute statements that you make so frequently. I can guarantee you that Brad doesn't even know what he'll be doing 10 years from now. He may think he does but I assure you he doesn't. Statements like that are made by people who have very little life experience. Things can always change. That said, I don't see him leaving the Celtics as long as they continue to be good.

UCLA wins coming off announcement that they had just suspended their two four-star team members for the entire season.
I don't think any IU fan realistically thought we had a chance at Stevens. He was everyone's #1 choice but we all knew there was about a 1% chance of it happening.

I don't think it was ever anywhere near as high as 1%. ;)

I love these absolute statements that you make so frequently. I can guarantee you that Brad doesn't even know what he'll be doing 10 years from now. He may think he does but I assure you he doesn't. Statements like that are made by people who have very little life experience. Things can always change. That said, I don't see him leaving the Celtics as long as they continue to be good.

If you had any idea how much Brad hates recruiting, you would understand.

Sure, and Tom Crean could be IU’s coach 10 years from now with Mike Davis and Sampson as assistants. Stevens coming back to college is slightly more likely than that happening.

You are right, anything is possible......

If you had any idea how much Brad hates recruiting, you would understand.

Sure, and Tom Crean could be IU’s coach 10 years from now with Mike Davis and Sampson as assistants. Stevens coming back to college is slightly more likely than that happening.

You are right, anything is possible......

I have no doubt he hates recruiting. But in the NBA he has to deal with prima donnas on a daily basis some of which get paid 4x what he does even though he's technically the boss. That can wear on a person over a period of many years and maybe someday he realizes that recruiting isn't so bad after all. Maybe he has a major rift with Danny Since someday. So many things can happen. But yeah, he appears to be very happy at the moment and the Celtics look to be legit title contenders for the next decade at least.

Who would UK get right now? Same with UNC. Duke probably has 2 solid options in Collins and Hurley, but are they elite? And then you have Cuse and UofL....

Stevens is never coaching college again. Billy D will have no problem finding a job in the NBA.

Sean Miller? With the FBI thing hanging over it’s head?

Self, Wright, and Izzo aren’t going anywhere. What’s the next group of elite coaches once Cal, K, and Roy are gone?

The college basketball landscape is on the verge of a major change.

For one I never said Cal was going anywhere. My point was no matter what the preception is of a school like UK they have big time money and tradition to lure a top name. I dont see Stevens leaving the Celtics either but this holier than thou IU attitude that some Crean leftovers harbor is not in line with reality. If Stevens or Donovan were ever by "chance" out of coaching the NBA they would 100% ABSOLUTELY be interested in a UK, UNC, DUKE, CUSE, UofL , UCLA regardless of what some IU fans opinion of these schools are cheaters or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT