ADVERTISEMENT

Stevens Turned down 7yr/70 Mil?

So that pretty much solidifies he will never coach at IU
I hope so. I really wanted him this time, but I think it worked out well that he publicly rejected IU and all that is Hoosier Nation. Maybe he'll stay with the NBA when he eventually leaves Boston, maybe he'll return to college (I've always thought Dook), but it should now be clear that our emotional ties to him are gone. I don't wish him well or ill, he's just some coach that likely caught lightning in a bottle at Butler.

very skeptical. i have hard time believing anyone would turn down that kind of money.
I don’t think it ever got to the offer stage. He said no early, often and without ambiguity. We really need to move on from the guy.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
It makes us look desperate. Nobody is worth that kind of money. For anything, certainly not a coach. I'm glad IU's not paying it,

It makes us look desperate. Nobody is worth that kind of money. For anything, certainly not a coach. I'm glad IU's not paying it,

Oh geez, to the contrary, my confidence in Scott Dolson just went through the roof. Also, and I know it’s a foreign concept to you and your ilk, but people are worth what the market says they are worth. Your post is embarrassing, but not surprising coming from you.

ADVERTISEMENT