ADVERTISEMENT

Stetson Recruiting Thread

It amazed me how many on this board sincerely believed Brown was a legitimate high-major prospect. It's not a knock on the kid -- it's simply the reality. Although, in this day and age, many people can't accept facts.

Reactions: T.M.P.
It amazed me how many on this board sincerely believed Brown was a legitimate high-major prospect. It's not a knock on the kid -- it's simply the reality. Although, in this day and age, many people can't accept facts.

Jimmy Chitwood isn''t walking through that door anytime soon..........

McHoop

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
I said before that I have no idea if he can play at the college level. But he is the high school version of Steph Curry. The kid is exciting to watch. He makes great passes and knocks down crazy outside shots.

Yeah, we don’t need a kid who can sink a 25 footer.
If that was the only thing required of players at the high D1 level, I’d sign the kid without question.

Unfortunately, college basketball is not a game of horse. Brown is a great kid I’m sure, but there is a reason not a SINGLE power 5 program had offered a scholarship.

If that was the only thing required of players at the high D1 level, I’d sign the kid without question.

Unfortunately, college basketball is not a game of horse. Brown is a great kid I’m sure, but there is a reason not a SINGLE power 5 program had offered a scholarship.

He would have been a better bet than the tall guy from Texas everyone makes fun of. No, it’s not ‘horse’ but he only requires to get open to shoot the ball. That wouldn’t be too hard with how the game is played where the offense dribbles down the court then the ball is passed between four players behind the three point arc until one is open. We haven’t had a three pointer guy since the fellow Crean passed on for his final year and let/made him transfer elsewhere.

I doubt he would have been a steady minutes player but he might have made a decent end of the half/game shooter. Thx for responding.

Not being good enough for IU is one thing, but Stetson? I expected a mid-major team like Ohio, Dayton, Valpo, or even Butler to get involved. I'm rooting for him at Stetson, even though we will never hear the end of it if he succeeds there. Maybe he will be a grad transfer candidate in 4 years.

That wouldn’t be too hard with how the game is played where the offense dribbles down the court then the ball is passed between four players behind the three point arc until one is open. .

Yup that's how basketball is played.

*eyeroll*

No wonder the top 80+ teams in the country didn't recruit him, they play a completely different game than what you describe.

He would have been a better bet than the tall guy from Texas everyone makes fun of. No, it’s not ‘horse’ but he only requires to get open to shoot the ball. That wouldn’t be too hard with how the game is played where the offense dribbles down the court then the ball is passed between four players behind the three point arc until one is open. We haven’t had a three pointer guy since the fellow Crean passed on for his final year and let/made him transfer elsewhere.

I doubt he would have been a steady minutes player but he might have made a decent end of the half/game shooter. Thx for responding.
Whatever benefit Brown would have provided as a shooter would had been offset by the liability he would have been in the packline.

That is not taking a personal shot at Brown. It’s just reality. He lacks the length and/or athleticism to be a legitimate Power 5 player.

fwiw - I most certainly would have taken Brown over Priller. At least you’d know you had a kid with a work ethic that would be trying to get better as opposed to someone happy to lead the bench mob.

Brown will average 15-18 ppg and 4 assists at Stetson as an upperclassman. I would have welcomed him as a walk-on. Maybe 4 years from now, as a role playing grad transfer....

ADVERTISEMENT