ADVERTISEMENT

Stay classy IU (SIAP)

IU40IU

All-American
Oct 31, 2007
Trash talking by....nope, not our players.....but by someone on the bench. As discussed yesterday, this fool needs his ass planted somewhere other than in the middle of the bench come game time. But I'm sure Crean encourages such behavior.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...l-anderson-indiana-hoosiers-big-ten/79424054/

I really wish I could just numb myself to it all but this crap has to stop.

This is all on the Head Coach and that is POOR leadership.. Anderson should never be on the bench again..

Trash talking by....nope, not our players.....but by someone on the bench. As discussed yesterday, this fool needs his ass planted somewhere other than in the middle of the bench come game time. But I'm sure Crean encourages such behavior.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...l-anderson-indiana-hoosiers-big-ten/79424054/

The job requires that you wear your makeup to the clown show so what do you expect?

Reactions: IUecho87
Picture of IU bench during game....

Clown-Alley.jpg

I had noticed him before on the bench as very 'enthusiastic' such as chest bumping players at time outs...which is fine...trash talking from the bench is crossing the line.. I am fine with him staying on the bench but give him a talking to about what is acceptable and what is not..

I had noticed him before on the bench as very 'enthusiastic' such as chest bumping players at time outs...which is fine...trash talking from the bench is crossing the line.. I am fine with him staying on the bench but give him a talking to about what is acceptable and what is not..
But our current coach trash talks other assistant coaches right to their face after winning the B1G championship in Michigan. So I hardly think Crean sees anything wrong with Anderson's behavior. Starts at the top. He models idiotic behavior and therefore those he is "leading" follow suit. I wish it were as simple as Crean telling him what is acceptable and what is not. It's been going on all season.

But our current coach trash talks other assistant coaches right to their face after winning the B1G championship in Michigan. So I hardly think Crean sees anything wrong with Anderson's behavior. Starts at the top. He models idiotic behavior and therefore those he is "leading" follow suit. I wish it were as simple as Crean telling him what is acceptable and what is not. It's been going on all season.

Yep....and the fact that he would address it now after some public outrage instead of nipping in the bud from the get go shows just how out of touch he is.

IU deserves better.

Reactions: BigMobe and IU40IU
But our current coach trash talks other assistant coaches right to their face after winning the B1G championship in Michigan. So I hardly think Crean sees anything wrong with Anderson's behavior. Starts at the top. He models idiotic behavior and therefore those he is "leading" follow suit. I wish it were as simple as Crean telling him what is acceptable and what is not. It's been going on for his entire tenure as coach....

Fixed it for you.

Here's the part of the article that really sums up the situation...

In his first year with Indiana's men's basketball program, Anderson has been repeatedly praised by IU coach Tom Crean for his energy and enthusiasm, and Anderson has taken on an obviously vocal role on the Hoosiers' bench, and in huddles.
Que carnival music...

The first time I noticed that dude was when I went to the McNeese State game. It's quite a thing to see in person. Buffoonish would sum it up.
You should have seen him in the pre game warm ups at Duke this year. It's was like the p90x plyometric video. The Duke guys were lying around on foam rollers and shooting jump shots while IU was blowing their energy getting hit with heavy bags, doing seemingly endless sets of lunges, etc.

Last edited:
You should have seen him in the pre game warm ups at Duke this year. It's was like the p90x plyometric video. The Duke guys were lying around on foam rollers and shooting jump shots while IU was blowing their energy getting hit with heavy bags in warm ups, doing seemingly endless sets of lunges, etc.

Well, huh? Makes perfect sense why Indiana got rolled in that game.

Maybe he should just stick with the Hot Yoga...

You should have seen him in the pre game warm ups at Duke this year. It's was like the p90x plyometric video. The Duke guys were lying around on foam rollers and shooting jump shots while IU was blowing their energy getting hit with heavy bags in warm ups, doing seemingly endless sets of lunges, etc.

Dumb.....just absolutely 100% dumb to do that pre game.

What's he trying to do exactly? Reenact a Rocky IV training montage? Gawd....this guy is a fk'n idiot.

Reactions: mike41703

Is this true?

And if so, what's the supposed scientific theory behind doing a ton of exercises before a big game?

---

That dude is noticeable when your at the game and an embarrassment. Nigel Hayes' insult is so perfect, I wonder if he even gets the double Indiana connection. Those NBA games happened when he was a toddler. Either way, I like Hayes.

What was really embarrassing was Anderson acted like that at IU for the ceremony honoring the 1976 team, with the 76 team sitting right behind IU's bench.

I felt bad for the 76 team. First Knight stiffs them by not showing, as they sit in an Assembly Hall that is so jarringly garish and whored out to the highest bidder. They have that dumbass banner unfurled (which is the antithesis of the IU program they played for), then sit through a typical Tom Crean inspired shitfest vs a team that played 8 freshmen, all while the IU's bench (the GOP presidential field of college basketball) clowns it up.

Pathetic. I wish I could get a lobotomy so I could enjoy IU basketball.

Is this true?

And if so, what's the supposed scientific theory behind doing a ton of exercises before a big game?

---

That dude is noticeable when your at the game and an embarrassment. Nigel Hayes' insult is so perfect, I wonder if he even gets the double Indiana connection. Those NBA games happened when he was a toddler. Either way, I like Hayes.
I remember a similar story about IU warming up before a game a few years ago. IU was going full out while the other team just looked at them like WTF? Maybe before the first round game against Temple? I'm not sure but this isn't really new, except the new court jester is even more blatantly obvious and over the top than the orange Ringmaster.

Ringmaster-Clown-86939.gif

Reactions: mike41703
Either way, I like Hayes.

I don't. Never have. I think Crean took too long to put Williams on him.

Colin could guard him if the refs let him get physical, but they weren't. Troy, although his D is wanting, posed an athletic challenge that sped Hayes up and made him less efficient. And Crean only switched to Troy because Colin fouled out. He never identifies trouble spots. He lucks into solutions through natural selection (e.g. this and a JBJ injury improving our D). I was going to say process of elimination but there is no process ... its just random and at the whim of external forces.

Last edited:
I don't. Never have. I think Crean took too long to put Williams on him.

Colin could guard him if the refs let him get physical, but they weren't. Troy, although his D is wanting, posed an athletic challenge that sped Hayes up and made him less efficient. And Crean only switched to Troy because Colin fouled out. He never identifies trouble spots. He lucks into solutions through natural selection (e.g. this and a JBJ injury improving our D). I was going to say process of elimination but their is no process ... its just random and at the whim of external forces.

So....in accordance with the theory of evolution, you're saying with Crean at the helm IU will finally have a NCAA championship within several million years?....give or take a few million?

I loved this post on the premie:

I was at a fundraiser where Miles was the feature speaker and that was what Miles said when asked what happened between him and Crean. Said Crean had been yapping at the Nebraska players the entire game. After Hanner was fouled hard Crean said something like that's bush league to the Nebraska player that fouled him. Miles shouted across court at Crean to stop talking to his players, Crean shouted at Miles to shut up and Miles then came at Crean. I'm sure Rabby can confirm or if wasn't at game, he's heard that from the Nebraska writers. Miles also said they're two nerds with glasses and he can't beat up a lot of people but one thing he knows for sure is he could kick Tom Creans ass. Guys at my table thought it was hilarious knowing I'm an IU fan.

I remember a similar story about IU warming up before a game a few years ago. IU was going full out while the other team just looked at them like WTF? Maybe before the first round game against Temple? I'm not sure but this isn't really new, except the new court jester is even more blatantly obvious and over the top than the orange Ringmaster.

Ringmaster-Clown-86939.gif

They were playing Georgetown. It got some mention how hard they were going 20-25 minutes before a game.

Reactions: PtownHoosier

I was at a fundraiser where Miles was the feature speaker and that was what Miles said when asked what happened between him and Crean. Said Crean had been yapping at the Nebraska players the entire game. After Hanner was fouled hard Crean said something like that's bush league to the Nebraska player that fouled him. Miles shouted across court at Crean to stop talking to his players, Crean shouted at Miles to shut up and Miles then came at Crean. I'm sure Rabby can confirm or if wasn't at game, he's heard that from the Nebraska writers. Miles also said they're two nerds with glasses and he can't beat up a lot of people but one thing he knows for sure is he could kick Tom Creans ass. Guys at my table thought it was hilarious knowing I'm an IU fan.

I'd be rooting for Miles.

WITCHMANNIONCLOWNFRONT.jpg

images

Miles also said they're two nerds with glasses and he can't beat up a lot of people but one thing he knows for sure is he could kick Tom Creans ass. Guys at my table thought it was hilarious knowing I'm an IU fan.

Seems you'd think it was hi-larious too. I do.

Reactions: FrankTGucker

There is so much excellence in this thread. Every point has been nailed perfectly. Please basketball Gods, make this end soon. It is NOT funny, nor fair.

Reactions: Moops and IUecho87
Bit of an aside from Clappy and Yappy on the bench, this cotdamn quote from Hayes:

Postgame, Hayes admitted that Ferrell nearly drew a critical foul against him in the final seconds of regulation, after Hayes was switched onto Ferrell, who then drove to the basket for a potential winning shot.

"He did a step-back, I jumped, and luckily, he didn't go into me," Hayes said. "I tried my best to stay vertical, but he kind of gave us a break by not going into me and creating that contact."

I know Hayes is a straight-forward guy, but honestly, still anytime your opponent admits "yeah, I was totally gonna foul him on that play" you just think gahhh. Only defense I can say for Yogi is that if he tries to draw the foul, he has 0% chance of then making the shot, so it's entirely dependent on the zebras to do their job and call the foul....on a last second play.....against a home team.

Reactions: Moops
I'll never understand why some people are suck f*ckstix.

Bit of an aside from Clappy and Yappy on the bench, this cotdamn quote from Hayes:

Postgame, Hayes admitted that Ferrell nearly drew a critical foul against him in the final seconds of regulation, after Hayes was switched onto Ferrell, who then drove to the basket for a potential winning shot.

"He did a step-back, I jumped, and luckily, he didn't go into me," Hayes said. "I tried my best to stay vertical, but he kind of gave us a break by not going into me and creating that contact."

I know Hayes is a straight-forward guy, but honestly, still anytime your opponent admits "yeah, I was totally gonna foul him on that play" you just think gahhh. Only defense I can say for Yogi is that if he tries to draw the foul, he has 0% chance of then making the shot, so it's entirely dependent on the zebras to do their job and call the foul....on a last second play.....against a home team.

I honestly think Yogi, a senior point guard for christsakes, has poor situational game awareness.....it's not his fault. He's had a shitty coach that wouldn't know game awareness if it punched him in his smug clown face.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT