ADVERTISEMENT

Stat of the day: Race Thompson consistency

Race Thompson has been in double figures in 15 of the past 18 games, with those other 3 being 9 point games.

He has been a terrific player for IU this year and shows consistency game after game.

Race is great. We need more players like him and less hot dogs like (pick your favorite but we have many).

Race Thompson has been in double figures in 15 of the past 18 games, with those other 3 being 9 point games.

He has been a terrific player for IU this year and shows consistency game after game.
Yep ..Two I can watch on the Hoosiers....Race and Trey..Even with any defficenes.

Reactions: Beorik
Race has been more consistent and more valuable than our AA the past few games.
That’s the elephant In the room. No one would think TJD is an all American last few weeks. Since he landed on his hip actually. I dunno if he is banged up, but he has not been playing like an all American. I thought 20-10 was what he would do in conference this year. Far from it. Much worse than last year.

That’s the elephant In the room. No one would think TJD is an all American last few weeks. Since he landed on his hip actually. I dunno if he is banged up, but he has not been playing like an all American. I thought 20-10 was what he would do in conference this year. Far from it. Much worse than last year.
To expand. TJD had 10 conference games with over 20 points last year, this year he has 3. Last year he only had one game where he had less than ten points. Already has 3 this year.

I for sure did not think he would regress, big problem on us being good when he isn’t great.

Reactions: bawlmer

I would argue that he's our MVP. Game after Game he brings it. The fact he can take shots beyond point blank / dunks makes our team more difficult to defend and opens up the offense. Not sure what happened to TJD this season, but he's digressed. While it may have been well documented and even stated by TJD that he needed to develop an outside 10-12' shot, it's never happened. It's as equally disappointing as it is strange.

To expand. TJD had 10 conference games with over 20 points last year, this year he has 3. Last year he only had one game where he had less than ten points. Already has 3 this year.

I for sure did not think he would regress, big problem on us being good when he isn’t great.
Completely agree with this take and to add to it I truly believe our offensive woes are because of this. I am not saying it is all his fault because others have to step up but Stewart and Kopp are nearly 100% dependent on Trayce playing well and demanding double teams. When that doesn’t happen our offense is stagnant.

I think you could be right. Maybe his hip is still an issue. But if he is going to be what he has been the last 5 games or so, we need to find some creative ways to score the ball. I think Galloway and Bates could be a big part of that down the stretch if we want to win some games.

Completely agree with this take and to add to it I truly believe our offensive woes are because of this. I am not saying it is all his fault because others have to step up but Stewart and Kopp are nearly 100% dependent on Trayce playing well and demanding double teams. When that doesn’t happen our offense is stagnant.

I think you could be right. Maybe his hip is still an issue. But if he is going to be what he has been the last 5 games or so, we need to find some creative ways to score the ball. I think Galloway and Bates could be a big part of that down the stretch if we want to win some games.
Guards. Guards. Guards. We need production and need to make Trayce a 4. Have Durr play center.

Race should be remembered for a long time, a true Hoosier. Got better every year, doesn't celebrate every thing he does, just goes about his business. Everyone was scratching their heads about him early in his career and he stuck it out and continued to grind.

I stopped calling him an AA. I don’t think he’s going to finish first team All-B1G unless he turns it around fast.

Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT