ADVERTISEMENT

Start with the head of the snake...

MikeHoncho69

Sophomore
Jan 15, 2018
People can complain about individual players all they want, but the issue lies with head coach and his assistants. The undeniable failure of Archie Miller to establish a culture, create a program identity and develop players cannot be disputed. Prior to Christmas, I was willing to listen to arguments defending Miller, but I'm no longer entertaining those conversations. There is simply no other direction for the university to go other than to cut ties with Miller and start over. However, it's time to seriously consider that the current state of the program may be just fine with the university, Board of Trustees and high-level administrators.

I, for one, am looking forward to hearing what the university's official response will be when the team finishes the regular season 16-15, gets bounced in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament and misses the NCAA Tournament.

I believe you have to look at the rosters IU are playing. Yes Mich. has better 0layers now, they are Jrs and Seniors. IU’s Jrs and Seniors are not on the same level as others in this league.
I believe that has to be admitted to. So it’s that being said, you can’t expect Freshman and Sophomores to compete at their level.
It may sound like excuses, but I think that has to be considered part of the problem. You may not l8ke it but I feel Coach Miller has to be given his first contract to show improvement. Just my opinion.

Maybe you don’t like it. I can’t help you there, maybe find another team to pull for, or just develop more patience some how. I don’t like the losses either, but I am trying to look at the big picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: kimaniismyffriend
People can complain about individual players all they want, but the issue lies with head coach and his assistants. The undeniable failure of Archie Miller to establish a culture, create a program identity and develop players cannot be disputed. Prior to Christmas, I was willing to listen to arguments defending Miller, but I'm no longer entertaining those conversations. There is simply no other direction for the university to go other than to cut ties with Miller and start over. However, it's time to seriously consider that the current state of the program may be just fine with the university, Board of Trustees and high-level administrators.

I, for one, am looking forward to hearing what the university's official response will be when the team finishes the regular season 16-15, gets bounced in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament and misses the NCAA Tournament.
Never mind. I saw your title and thought this post was going to be about politics. Guess it could be, right?

5ba126df3cccd120008b4568
now what?

I believe you have to look at 5he rosters IU are playing. Yes Mich. has better 0layers now, they are Jrs and Seniors. IU’s Jrs and Seniors are not on the same level as others in this league.
I believe that has to be admitted to. So it’s that being said, you can’t expect Freshman and Sophomores to compete at their level.
It may sound like excuses, but I think that has to be considered part of the problem. You may not l8ke it but I feel Coach Miller has to be given his first contract to show improvement. Just my opinion.
Maybe you don’t like it. I can’t help you there, maybe find another team to pull for, or just develop more patience some how. I don’t like the losses either, but I am trying to look at the big picture.

Agree with this. My biggest disappointment is that Archie hasn't recruited over some of these older players on his roster yet. I think or want to believe he is a good coach, but it is hard to believe he hasn't brought in guys that can't replace the junior and senior class that aren't cutting it under any system they have been a part of.

Reactions: IUINSB and Cavanagh
this is Archie's 9th season as a HC. He has never finished better than 39th (last season at Dayton) or worse than 71st (first season at Indiana) on KenPom. Maybe this is just who he is.
Maybe its who IU is. CAM leaves Dayton and they’re now 6th in the nation.

Reactions: IUgradman
I believe you have to look at 5he rosters IU are playing. Yes Mich. has better 0layers now, they are Jrs and Seniors. IU’s Jrs and Seniors are not on the same level as others in this league.

I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t see anyone coming in this recruiting class that is going to make us better. We will have one less big and will lose the only player on the team capable of putting up big point totals (even if not consistently).
Maybe we will get a difference maker or preferably two in the near future - otherwise I see us as being worse next year.

Go to the BOTs, the AD, the institutional corruption started by Myles Brand

Clean out the rats nest and bring back Knights coaching tree

Reactions: indy1203
I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t see anyone coming in this recruiting class that is going to make us better. We will have one less big and will lose the only player on the team capable of putting up big point totals (even if not consistently).
Maybe we will get a difference maker or preferably two in the near future - otherwise I see us as being worse next year.
The other 9 kids on the roster will make us better. We lost our best two players from last year and we are still better this year. Not by a lot, but we are.

We will return all 5 starters. We will be better, unless something unexpected happens.

The other 9 kids on the roster will make us better. We lost our best two players from last year and we are still better this year. Not by a lot, but we are.

We will return all 5 starters. We will be better, unless something unexpected happens.
You could have the Jordan Bulls team and it wouldn't matter if Mickey Mouse is still coaching the team

So you want to give him 7 years to show some improvement? Lol. Man maybe if he makes the ncaa he deserves a 25 year extension.

We will return all 5 starters. We will be better, unless something unexpected happens.[/QUOTE
Being a little better still doesnt cut it in year 4 plus we lose our only three point threat. Green can be bad but unless he goes off we usually lose. The recruits coming in are not three point shooters. Oh and did i mention our defense is beyond awful.
Nothing dramatic will change. We will have the same coach and same players who seem uninspired and lazy.

Being a little better still doesnt cut it in year 4 plus we lose our only three point threat. Green can be bad but unless he goes off we usually lose. The recruits coming in are not three point shooters. Oh and did i mention our defense is beyond awful.
Nothing dramatic will change. We will have the same coach and same players who seem uninspired and lazy.

Thanks nostradamus. I prefer to actually watch the games. You are wrong to just assume that no one will develop an outside shot before next season.

My self-esteem will never recover from the nuclear bomb you just dropped on it with your sick, sick burn. Google "Indianapolis suicide" tomorrow and you'll see my picture.
Your self esteem should suffer because you failed to offer a thoughtful argument to support your position that we’ll be better simply because we’re a year older. It wasn’t reasonable or intelligent, based on where the program is today.

Reactions: Radio Zero

We went from no center last year to 2, sometimes 3 centers + 2 PF’s this year. Next year we will be down to 3 big’s

We went from no center last year to 2, sometimes 3 centers + 2 PF’s this year. Next year we will be down to 3 big’s
We have one big graduating. 5-1 doesn't equal 3.

Even if it did, we'll have space for a grad transfer.

Stop telling fortunes.

I have said that Archie does not deserve another year should he miss the tournament this year. Today I changed my opinion. I think he should get a fourth season. The problem with this team and last years team is Devonte Green. He was voted by the players as team captain demonstrating the immaturity of this team. The locker room is divided with one side lead by Archie and the other by Green. Archie has failed to get through to Green because he doesn’t know how. They do not speak the same language. It’s like an undisciplined kid getting a new step dad. Every kid that Archie has brought in is calm, well spoken, and intelligent. Next year Green and Davis will graduate and I expect Smith to transfer. I will make my evaluation then.

They will win 17 or 18 but they will miss the dance. Hard to believe a state with the high school talent, fan support, facilities and basketball history has sunk so low. Very sad

We have one big graduating. 5-1 doesn't equal 3.

Even if it did, we'll have space for a grad transfer.

Stop telling fortunes.
Next year we will have 3 big’s (Brunk, TJD & Race). We have one scholarship available unless we have transfers. How successful have we been with grad transfers?
This year we have 3 centers(Brunk,Davis,TJD) & 2 PF’s(TJD & Race). Therefore “5”-1=3!

Last edited:
Next year we will have 3 big’s (Brunk, TJD & Race). We have one scholarship available unless we have transfers. How successful have we been with grad transfers?
This year we have 3 centers(Brunk,Davis,TJD) & 2 PF’s(TJD & Race). Therefore “5”-1=4!

Is that the new math? So when TJD leaves, we lose a center AND a PF? He really is good!

Smith, Durham, Hunter, Thompson.

The team is a little better, per kenpom.

Kenpom should put out a new statistical analysis of mental toughness and basketball IQ that charts boneheaded turnovers, missed alley oops, the number of blown leads with under 2 minutes, and gum chomps per game. We’d rank at the bottom.

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT