ADVERTISEMENT

Stan and Troy--

IND22

All-American
Jun 9, 2003
Tell them to keep their game inside and not try to be 3 pt. shooters.
Tell JBJ to be more intense when he dribbles into the paint(not on driving layups).
Tell everyone that they can use ball fakes on their passes and stop the one handed flips and
going up in the air to pass.
That's enough for now.

neither one of them

took a 3pt shot last night and most of the time they are driving to the basket so I don't know what youa re talking about.

Re: neither one of them

So you will understand, you can rephrase my statement to read "any outside shot"
And I wasn't talking about just last night.
At ease.

Stan and Troy both played well

and we don't win the game without those two. I know they have a habit of a wild shot at times but last night they played very very well. I'm not sure why you are blasting them for anything today???

That is one thing that you can't knock on Troy about, and that is 3 pt shooting. He knows that's not his game and he doesn't attempt many.

Troy took one long shot early in the game that was early in the shot clock.

It was a shot IU could have gotten easily 20 seconds later.

Outside of that possession I think TW played a smart game and made good decisions with the ball in his hands.

Re: Troy took one long shot early in the game that was early in the shot clock.

I used to cringe at some of there shots but both are getting better in there decisions. We don't win the game without them last night. We seem to still stand at times and that leads to bad shots with the shot clock winding down. Yogi always gets stuck forcing something then, that needs to get better.

Troy's first shot, and maybe IU's first shot, of the game

was a long 2-pointer...beyond the elbow...and way-off-the-mark. Definitely a WTF, I hope he isn't going to have one of these games, moment.

Our hope is that...

Troy will develop an outside shot much like Olidipo did by his junior year. It would be nice to continue the similarities between the two.

Re: Stan and Troy both played well

Not blasting anyone. Just pointing out their weaknesses and what they should stay away from

disagree.... RJ hands down....

troy didn't rebound enough for IU last night and he had another late inopportune turnover that could have cost the game ... cannot make mistakes like that late in close games... RJ scoring hit with perfect timing to keep giving IU breaths of fresh air and moments of relief...

Re: Stan and Troy both played well

I agree. And I think Yogi should stay away from running to the opposite end of the court and shooting a three pointer for the other team. That would be a weakness.

What I am saying here is... you picked a very odd time to post this particular comment. Everyone has weaknesses. Stan and Troy didn't really show them last night and Troy has been showing his less and less as the season goes on. Why tell them them anything about this while they are improving?

This post was edited on 1/14 6:48 PM by speroni

Surprised to see a post resurrected from my dad (IND22) who died last year after a battle with cancer. He wasn't the most positive of posters but in person it was a different story. Bled IU and loved watching the pukes lose. His dad played football for IU during the depression and I also somehow played football as a walk-on at IU during the Cameron era. He was a '66 IU grad and then IU law school. Love you dad, RIP and thanks drunk Coverdales for the reminder.

Surprised to see a post resurrected from my dad (IND22) who died last year after a battle with cancer. He wasn't the most positive of posters but in person it was a different story. Bled IU and loved watching the pukes lose. His dad played football for IU during the depression and I also somehow played football as a walk-on at IU during the Cameron era. He was a '66 IU grad and then IU law school. Love you dad, RIP and thanks drunk Coverdales for the reminder.
Oh that’s pretty cool. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. I remember him posting both here and on the football board. It's sad that from time to time a frequent poster seems to disappear from the board and we often have no idea of the reason why. Best wishes to you. The loss of one's father is always a blow.

i'll guess the 22 was for Jimmy Rayl.

if not, who?

Besides Rayle, a few others are Stew Robinson, Damon Bailey, Wayne Radford, Dean Garrett, MO Creek,, Archie Dee's along with a slew of others

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT