ADVERTISEMENT

St. Louis/IU spring game

Hope Yeags will find someone who can score this fall. Last years team was offensively challenged, despite having Bezerra. Hopefully someone will stand out in spring ball, or maybe the younger Bezerra when he arrives in fall.

Yea, we had National Championship hopes last year and heavily underachieved
One of the rare years when IU soccer underachieved. My theory is the Fall squad never recovered from the Spring season-losing to Marshall in a heart breaker in May and then having to start the fall season about 2 moths later. The talent was there, but I suspect the guys were not mentally and physically right. I'm confident the swagger will return this fall.

One of the rare years when IU soccer underachieved. My theory is the Fall squad never recovered from the Spring season-losing to Marshall in a heart breaker in May and then having to start the fall season about 2 moths later. The talent was there, but I suspect the guys were not mentally and physically right. I'm confident the swagger will return this fall.
Should’ve won our 9th star in that game, also we should’ve made the Elite 8 last year too. But that Washington game had so many questionable things..

Should’ve won our 9th star in that game, also we should’ve made the Elite 8 last year too. But that Washington game had so many questionable things..
Jerry will tell you that should have been our 14th star! Just about every interview I've seen with him, he mentions how several of his best teams didn't win it all. I think '94 (Todd's senior year) and '97 (23-0 entering College Cup) bothers him the most.

Jerry will tell you that should have been our 14th star! Just about every interview I've seen with him, he mentions how several of his best teams didn't win it all. I think '94 (Todd's senior year) and '97 (23-0 entering College Cup) bothers him the most.
Hopefully we win it this year (Crazier things have happened) since it will be the 10 year anniversary of the 2012 National Championship. Next year will be even better if we make the 2023 Final 4 since it will be in Louisville and I will be able to attend for once.

Hopefully we win it this year (Crazier things have happened) since it will be the 10 year anniversary of the 2012 National Championship. Next year will be even better if we make the 2023 Final 4 since it will be in Louisville and I will be able to attend for once.
Well they again have the talent to compete for it all this year. Sam Sarver will be the stud and plenty of experienced talent around him: Endeley, Goumballe, Wittenbrink, Joey Maher, Munie, Mihalic, Ward, Bebej, Ben Yeagley, and little Bezerra coming in.

College Cups are a blast. I went to Columbus in 2001 and 2003 and froze my tail off both times, but it was all worth it to be at Jerry's final game.

Reactions: Hoosierfan1901
Oh I forgot Nyk Sessok-who started at right back last 2 years. He came back for the "covid year exemption."

By the way , welcome to the board, 1901.. It's pretty lonely over here in the soccer world, especially in off season.
I always posts about soccer on HSN and BTB, might as well here too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT