ADVERTISEMENT

St Louis is a soccer pipeline

Great read. Glad we have Robson working the pipeline from St. Louis to Bloomington. Noonan is one of my all time faves.

Reactions: snowling
I hate Scott Gallagher. We whipped them in the championship game of a US Youth Futsal qualifying tournament 11-3 and they, parents and coaches alike, couldn't have been bigger d-bags. Coaches aggressively stalking our coach yelling, "We'll come up there and play! We'll come up there!" Obviously not used to losing and clearly not used to getting waxed. And that was when the kids were EIGHT! (and they've never come up here because they know they'll get killed by any number of local teams that are merely considered "good")

The word is they have a million teams and everyone plays for them. Lou Fooz, FC Missouri and Tony Glavin all looking to get any players they can find - and evidently having trouble, though FC Missouri's U11 didn't look too bad at a recent tournament up here in Naperville.

It's criminal there isn't a Chicagoland pipeline to Northwestern or even a team at Illinois. Oh well - all the better for IU.

I hope not all Gallagher teams are like the ones we've seen... and whipped. And really, if they send their best players to IU and they're good, then what's the difference?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT