ADVERTISEMENT

spring schedule announced

Nice. I definitely will. If you get bored and drive in I'll buy ya a beer. Speaking of the spring schedule I always thought it was neat that they would play the U whatever Mexican National Team. I wonder how that came about?
Hey I’ll keep that in mind. I’m excited about the alumni game on March 27. Let’s see who participates in that.

The Mexican national team was a great idea and always drew a huge crowd. I guess they aren’t doing that anymore.

Hey I’ll keep that in mind. I’m excited about the alumni game on March 27. Let’s see who participates in that.

The Mexican national team was a great idea and always drew a huge crowd. I guess they aren’t doing that anymore.
Yeah there must have been some special connection there. Very cool and unique!

Lemme know if mcmutry is playing . . . it might be worth an 8 hour ride and paying some money to see that!

Besides, I can practice my heckling on him to get ready for baseball season. :D

Lemme know if mcmutry is playing . . . it might be worth an 8 hour ride and paying some money to see that!

Besides, I can practice my heckling on him to get ready for baseball season. :D
LMAO Sope. I didn't play at IU although I have a ton of friends who did. I went to IU-Bloomington for law school, but my grades were horrible coming out of high school and I would have never gotten in to iu. I actually had a scholarship to play at ucla (dream school) among other places but my grades were too poor. i played at coastal carolina. A 2.2 g.p.a. was welcomed there (lol) and they were/are a top 25 program. very different make up though: almost all foreign players.

Kind of a cool thing. i actually played in my own alumni soccer game last year as IU was playing coastal in baseball right across the street at the same time. there were tons of iu fans who made the trip. i didn't realize iu baseball traveled that well.

When I was there as an undergrad we played IU in the NCAA bball tournament (cheaney, henderson, bailey, team 91 I believe) and then we also played the Fab 5 in the ncaa tourney (92/93). It was/is definitely a left-handed sport school though - baseball/soccer/golf.

Sope are you in Atlanta?

Last edited:
Another friendly tonight vs. Indy 11 at Grand Park. Let’s see if IU gives it any coverage. I’m hoping to attend next week when they play Butler, so you can at least count on Geddy for a game report!

Reactions: snowling
Another friendly tonight vs. Indy 11 at Grand Park. Let’s see if IU gives it any coverage. I’m hoping to attend next week when they play Butler, so you can at least count on Geddy for a game report!
Geddy not to get off track but as a sidebar i was at grand park a few years ago for a tournament. Holy sh*t!!! I was amazed at the place. The indoor/outdoor facility was simply incredible. I think it's the best I've ever seen.

Geddy not to get off track but as a sidebar i was at grand park a few years ago for a tournament. Holy sh*t!!! I was amazed at the place. The indoor/outdoor facility was simply incredible. I think it's the best I've ever seen.
No coverage for IU, but the 11 twitter account reports a 4-2 loss for the Hoosiers.

And yes, McMurtry that is one amazing facility in Westfield. The indoor field is fabulous. Always wondered if that is city owned? Must have cost a fortune to build.

No coverage for IU, but the 11 twitter account reports a 4-2 loss for the Hoosiers.

And yes, McMurtry that is one amazing facility in Westfield. The indoor field is fabulous. Always wondered if that is city owned? Must have cost a fortune to build.
No idea. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I stumbled accross this twitter account with info on the spring games.

No idea who this is, but according to the account, IU won 2-1 over Butler tonight in OT and tied Loyola 1-1 in the game no one was sure about.

Not sure how accurate this is, but assuming this person was really at the games, this answers the questions and has detailed tweets about the last two matches at Grand Park:
https://twitter.com/ashifron?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Saw the first half of the game last night. Just passing it around the midfield and back. No one except #17 dribbling at people. Boring.

I had planned to attend last night and give a good game report, but the little guy in my house wasn’t feeling it, so we skipped the trip. Hoping to make it to a later spring game. These games are like baseball spring training-trying out guys in different positions, different rotations, etc... it can be some pretty sloppy play.

ADVERTISEMENT