ADVERTISEMENT

Spring/Summer Practice Report

Sports competition is over for the remainder of the semester. I imagine that IU will shut down the entire campus in the near future. I am basing this on what is going on in the rest of the country.

The US is estimated to be one week behind Italy in this pandemic. And right now they have 15,000 cases and 1000 deaths. By basically shutting down our economy and keeping people home it is hoped that the healthcare system will not be overwhelmed as we don’t have the capacity to deal with a large number of people getting sick at the same time.

So based on that, what could any rationale be for continuing spring football?

Does this mean Spring Practice is over or just cancellation of the Spring Game?

This is probably a series of dumb questions, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm just totally uninformed about what might happen.

If the Spring game is cancelled and spring practice is suspended:

What are the players allowed to do?
What does CTA expect them to do?
What are other programs going to do?
How does this impact us competitively?
Are all the guys going home?
Will the stay on campus and lift and study?

Anyone have any good intel on any of this?

This is probably a series of dumb questions, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm just totally uninformed about what might happen.

If the Spring game is cancelled and spring practice is suspended:

What are the players allowed to do?
What does CTA expect them to do?
What are other programs going to do?
How does this impact us competitively?
Are all the guys going home?
Will the stay on campus and lift and study?

Anyone have any good intel on any of this?

My guess is there will not be any organized practices or strength and conditioning if the university decides to go with only online classes.

The offense has a chance to be more explosive this coming season. We will see how the OL develops and how coach Sheridan calls plays against defenses. I really like a few of the younger WR and think they can make some waves this coming season. TE is a bit in the air with Hendershot but IU has talented younger TEs that can excel given the chance to show what they can do. There are some really good receivers in the TE group that can challenge defenses. I am looking forward to see what this offense can do.

The offense has a chance to be more explosive this coming season. We will see how the OL develops and how coach Sheridan calls plays against defenses. I really like a few of the younger WR and think they can make some waves this coming season. TE is a bit in the air with Hendershot but IU has talented younger TEs that can excel given the chance to show what they can do. There are some really good receivers in the TE group that can challenge defenses. I am looking forward to see what this offense can do.

I'd like to see the staff develop a "killer instinct" and keep their foot on the gas as long as it's practical even when the 2nd & 3rd teams out there... No easing up till we break 77... Our backups would love it...

ADVERTISEMENT