ADVERTISEMENT

spoiler- If you're boycotting the Jan 6 hearing...

Lol...

You are deep inside Trump's rectum.
Not sure why you say that. I am for all those who rioted the 6th getting jail time.

I don’t think it’s outrageous to ask Pelosi why there wasn’t more show of force that day.

Reactions: DANC
I for one am glad that Mike Pence did protect the Constitution. Pence turned out was more loyal to the Constitution than a single man. Mike might just get a chapter in an update version of "Profiles in Courage".

"Trump is for a lot of white people what O.J.'s acquittal was to a lot of Black folks—you know it's wrong, but it feels good," Barack Obama.
My belief is this is a much bigger deal than will be given credit, as the more comes out the more I'm convinced that Trump mainly wanted a delay in the process to give him more time for one of his BS hail Marys to come through.

I mean you heard Rudy admitting so in his call with Tubbeville. I'm guessing the elector objectors were there to delay it. The riots just helped it get delayed...but Pence and congress came back and many of the 'objectors' said f it, I'm out (like Loeffler).

That's my take. Trump used his most loyal morons to try to buy him time.

Not sure why you say that. I am for all those who rioted the 6th getting jail time.

I don’t think it’s outrageous to ask Pelosi why there wasn’t more show of force that day.
The evolution of Republican leadership's assessment of the insurrection:
1) Trump was responsible for the insurrection
2) Trump wasn't responsible for the insurrection
3) It wasn't an insurrection
4) Antifa, BLM and the FBI were responsible
5) It's all Pelosi's fault

The evolution of Republican leadership's assessment of the insurrection:
1) Trump was responsible for the insurrection
2) Trump wasn't responsible for the insurrection
3) It wasn't an insurrection
4) Antifa, BLM and the FBI were responsible
5) It's all Pelosi's fault
That’s not my list. With reports of what the FBI knew, it’s reasonable to ask why the capital police weren’t better prepared.

Reactions: DANC and Bill4411

Well the national guard was waiting but didn't get the call by it's leader until well after everything broke.

Congressmen begged for the leader of the national guard to go in.

Yeah, um, the leader of the DC national guard is the president.

But to your point, Nancy should have barricaded the capitol like a fortress and opened fire on anyone who crossed a line.... similar to what Trump did last summer by barricading the white house and hanging out in a bunker when protesters were close while also deploying the national guard, lining them up like Mussolini on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial (I think it was Lincoln).

How would you feel if a BLM protester would have climbed the fence and broke into the white house to get within twenty yards of Trump last summer?

I'm guessing you'd say blow that person's head off (and I'd agree with you).

As Danc likes to quote me here, there should have been more dead Trumpers on the 6th.

If that’s true I stand corrected.
I also thought she was the head of the capitol police fwiw.

Not saying that in a 'she's totally the head, Mark is wrong!!!' but saying that in a 'hmmm, I didn't know that. I assumed she was since that's a common retort'.

Reactions: stollcpa
She wasnt in charge of the national guard. That would be your boy trump who was cheering on his idiots
Trump isn’t my boy. Don’t worry about replying. I don’t need another smartass asshole answer. CYA

I also thought she was the head of the capitol police fwiw.

Not saying that in a 'she's totally the head, Mark is wrong!!!' but saying that in a 'hmmm, I didn't know that. I assumed she was since that's a common retort'.
Time for an injection of reality, after the disinformation McCarthy, Stefanik, and the rest of the Trump Defense team tried to confuse people with earlier today...

Pelosi is NOT in charge of ANY of the security forces they tried to imply that she controlled. Just like Mitch as the Majority Leader of the Senate was not in charge of security arrangements involving the Senate either...

If you even believed for a second the lies McCarthy tried to throw out this am congrats. You got totally sucked into a really devious ploy...

How devious?

Well the House was holding hearings today, and Kevin McCarthy is Minority leader and tried to pin the events of Jan 6 on Pelosi. And no doubt there were plenty of Pubs and Trump allies who lapped it up, some even in this thread...

But we are talking events of JAN 6, and Trump was still POTUS. And more importantly for our purposes here, Mitch was SENATE MAJORITY leader.

See they counted on the fact that since only the House was holding hearings, people would FORGET that BOTH HOUSES of Congress were attacked, NOT just the House. In other words, if you are going to blame Pelosi (which they counted on) then you have to account for the fact that Mitch would be equally guilty/responsible.

In fact, if leaders of Congress were responsible for Capitol security (which they are NOT), then the Senate Majority leader would have more responsibility, by virtue of the Senate being the SENIOR Chamber... So for McCarthy and Stefanik to spread this bile and believe they could fool their sycophants should be offensive to some of you. How stupid do they think you are?

Reactions: TommyCracker
Time for an injection of reality, after the disinformation McCarthy, Stefanik, and the rest of the Trump Defense team tried to confuse people with earlier today...

Pelosi is NOT in charge of ANY of the security forces they tried to imply that she controlled. Just like Mitch as the Majority Leader of the Senate was not in charge of security arrangements involving the Senate either...

If you even believed for a second the lies McCarthy tried to throw out this am congrats.
You got totally sucked into a really devious ploy...

How devious?

Well the House was holding hearings today, and Kevin McCarthy is Minority leader and tried to pin the events of Jan 6 on Pelosi. And no doubt there were plenty of Pubs and Trump allies who lapped it up, some even in this thread...

But we are talking events of JAN 6, and Trump was still POTUS. And more importantly for our purposes here, Mitch was SENATE MAJORITY leader.

See they counted on the fact that since only the House was holding hearings, people would FORGET that BOTH HOUSES of Congress were attacked, NOT just the House. In other words, if you are going to blame Pelosi (which they counted on) then you have to account for the fact that Mitch would be equally guilty/responsible.

In fact, if leaders of Congress were responsible for Capitol security (which they are NOT), then the Senate Majority leader would have more responsibility, by virtue of the Senate being the SENIOR Chamber... So for McCarthy and Stefanik to spread this bile and believe they could fool their sycophants should be offensive to some of you. How stupid do they think you are?
Another post by Word Salad Annie.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57

If you even believed for a second the lies McCarthy tried to throw out this am congrats. You got totally sucked into a really devious ploy...

How devious?

Have they brought up Hunter’s paintings yet? That’s the real issue here.

Another post by Word Salad Annie.
No doubt you were McCarthy's target audience for his disinformation campaign. The character you play is exactly the kind of short attention span voter who would forget that BOTH the House and the Senate were attacked. Admit it, you were ready to blame Pelosi but forgot that ol' Mitch would be just as responsible for protecting the Senate...Oops...

House Democrats on Monday were finally able to begin the spectacle they have long sought: a pointless and entirely theatrical 'investigation' into events of January Sixth.

They barely even try to offer a pretext that they are seeking to uncover unknown information. The only real question that remains is the one Democrats and their corporate media allies have no interest in interrogating: TO WHAT EXTENT was the FBI imbedded in the groups that planned the protest and how much foreknowledge did the FBI have?

Relax, only a few more weeks till your lord and savior is reinstated.

Relax, only a few more weeks till your lord and savior is reinstated.
I’ve read the date will be August 13th. Do you think they’ll (“they” being conspiracy theorists like Mike Pillow) will change the date again, maybe about a week before? Maybe there won’t be a new date given, but more of a broad window. Like, “Trump will definitely be reinstated this fall”, which will give them, technically, until midnight on December 20th to continue to con these stop-the-steal dumbasses out of their money.

How devious?

Many thanks for this as I haven't had a good response in real life when this gets thrown at me (I've typically rolled my eyes and sarcastically played back their argument in a 'let me get this straight, it's Pelosi's fault that Trump and Trumpsters violently jumped the Capitol. That's like Bin Laden blaming the world trade center for not having parachutes available!!).

Which is why I enjoy the political bickering on the WC.

Reactions: cosmickid
I’ve read the date will be August 13th. Do you think they’ll (“they” being conspiracy theorists like Mike Pillow) will change the date again, maybe about a week before? Maybe there won’t be a new date given, but more of a broad window. Like, “Trump will definitely be reinstated this fall”, which will give them, technically, until midnight on December 20th to continue to con these stop-the-steal dumbasses out of their money.
Technically, it will give them until 11 AM on December 21. ;)

No guessing necessary. The Google machine came through for me:

Yep! The long-time right wing pundit and founder of The Intercept, Glenn Greenwald.

Even gay, long time leftists have become fed up with the bullshit!

Read the other replies to my trap post.

They prove the point about the brainwashing success of 15,000 hours
of public 'education ', as discussed years ago by Stephan Molyneux.

So Harry Dunn didn't think it was a "loving crowd"...

So about a week ago Tucker Carlson started to pre-emptively attack Dunn, prior to Dunn's testimony... Background here...

So today when he testified Dunn was more specific about the racism he was subjected to...

"Dunn, who is Black, said he challenged their claims that no one had voted for Biden by telling them that he himself was a Biden supporter.

"One woman in a pink 'MAGA' shirt yelled, 'You hear that, guys, this ****** voted for Joe Biden!'" said Dunn. "Then the crowd, perhaps around twenty people, joined in, screaming 'Boo! ****ing ******!' No one had ever – ever - called me a '******' while wearing the uniform of a Capitol Police officer..."

Dunn was one of four police officers who delivered wrenching testimony on Tuesday on their struggle to defend the Capitol against a mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters, describing to lawmakers how they were beaten, taunted with racial insults from rioters and faced threats like "kill him with his own gun."

Love this newfound trust in police from the D’s. Seeing them go from deplorable abusers to witnesses of unimpeachable motive & character in their eyes has been refreshing. I look forward to the change in attitude next time a police officer has to offer testimony in defense of his actions.

Love this newfound trust in police from the D’s. Seeing them go from deplorable abusers to witnesses of unimpeachable motive & character in their eyes has been refreshing. I look forward to the change in attitude next time a police officer has to offer testimony in defense of his actions.
Would you be in favor of increasing the security at the Capital?

Politics 101A

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Would you be in favor of increasing the security at the Capital?
Generally speaking, yes I would, but that’s a pretty broad generalization that requires a better understanding than I possess to give you an informed answer.

Generally speaking, yes I would, but that’s a pretty broad generalization that requires a better understanding than I possess to give you an informed answer.
They have done a study and determined it would cost 2 billion dollars to upgrade but nothing has been to initiate it though many want it to go forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT