ADVERTISEMENT

spoiler- If you're boycotting the Jan 6 hearing...

efb9c14a5867557bf00ea6101314db6b.jpg
Child!

He served. Did you?
I served during the Cold War in Germany when the wall went up and all the U.S. troops were prepared for a conflict which might end up with nuclear warfare.

Frightening but not the same as being in places such as the jungles of Vietnam.

When veterans are asked to stand at public events, I remain seated, I remain seated as i see those who served by putting their lives on the line in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan as being the real servers.

There are those serving their time, and then are those who put their lives on the line.

If it's truly about finding facts I don't understand the need for all the "feel" questions yesterday.

"How did that rioter yelling slurs make you feel?"

"How did the Capitol being bum rushed make you feel?"

What facts are we uncovering with those questions?
Well, yesterday was about getting rid of the revisionist history that the rioters were tourists. You'd think that the fact that over 500 people have been charged and the only folks being charged are those that entered the Capitol would pretty much dispel the tourist mantra. But when the same Pubs pushing that nonsense are the same people seen in photos helping to barricade doors, then we can only assume those Pubs have a strange idea of what constitutes "tourism"...

Well, yesterday was about getting rid of the revisionist history that the rioters were tourists. You'd think that the fact that over 500 people have been charged and the only folks being charged are those that entered the Capitol would pretty much dispel the tourist mantra. But when the same Pubs pushing that nonsense are the same people seen in photos helping to barricade doors, then we can only assume those Pubs have a strange idea of what constitutes "tourism"...
How many have been charged with seditious conspiracy? We have the entire weight of the federal government coming after these people, we have to have nabbed a couple by now.

Reactions: DANC
How many have been charged with seditious conspiracy? We have the entire weight of the federal government coming after these people, we have to have nabbed a couple by now.
I think at least 10 Oathkeepers are involved in the Conspiracy case. They are working with informers and people looking to cop a plea. We really can't know everything going on behind the scenes- they unveiled more previously unseen video today at the hearing. I know they are building a serious case against the head of the Oathkeepers who apparently never entered the Capitol but coordinated things from outside on the steps. One reference I've seen repeatedly is that Bin Laden didn't fly the planes...

It seems strange for (cynical) pubs to be trying to place blame on Pelosi for underestimating the security concerns caused by a group of tourists. And for people who supposedly want ANSWERS to have voted against the original, (bi-partisan draft) plan to have outside investigators featuring an equal number of Dems and Pubs investigate this from the start. Can you explain the rationale behind that McCarthy move?

I'm just curious how the Pubs are going to frame an investigation of Jan 6 (which they maintain they will conduct) that doesn't include any testimony from officers who were at the scene? Ofc Fanone suffered a heart attack, concussion,TBI and PTSD during the attack and afterwards- are you going to refuse his testimony while you investigate the events of that day?

And while we're discussing attempts to blame Pelosi for inaction, events documented in at least one of the recent book releases (I alone can fix it) could come into play as well.

"When Ivanka Trump saw on her TV in her second-floor office that the rioters were inside the Capitol, she told her aides, “I’m going down to my dad. This has to stop,” according to the book.

She spent several hours going back and forth to the Oval Office, trying to persuade her father “to be stronger in telling his supporters he stood with law enforcement and ordering them to disperse.”

Seems Mark Meadows could be called to testify...

"Just when Ivanka Trump thought she had made headway and returned upstairs, chief of staff Mark Meadows would call her to say that the president still needed more persuading, the book said.

“I need you to come back down here,” Meadows would tell her, according to the book. “We’ve got to get this under control.” He would clear the room of other aides, leaving just him and Ivanka Trump with the president."

Lindsey, McCarthy, Jordan- all 3 talked to Trump that day and could provide insight thru testimony...

"At one point that afternoon, Sen. Lindsey Graham contacted Ivanka Trump, hoping she could get through to the president. After trying her cell phone numerous times, Graham finally reached her, saying, “You need to tell him to tell these people to leave.”

The best Ivanka Trump could offer was, “We’re working on it.”

I'm just curious how the Pubs are going to frame an investigation of Jan 6 (which they maintain they will conduct) that doesn't include any testimony from officers who were at the scene? Ofc Fanone suffered a heart attack, concussion,TBI and PTSD during the attack and afterwards- are you going to refuse his testimony while you investigate the events of that day?

And while we're discussing attempts to blame Pelosi for inaction, events documented in at least one of the recent book releases (I alone can fix it) could come into play as well.

"When Ivanka Trump saw on her TV in her second-floor office that the rioters were inside the Capitol, she told her aides, “I’m going down to my dad. This has to stop,” according to the book.

She spent several hours going back and forth to the Oval Office, trying to persuade her father “to be stronger in telling his supporters he stood with law enforcement and ordering them to disperse.”

Seems Mark Meadows could be called to testify...

"Just when Ivanka Trump thought she had made headway and returned upstairs, chief of staff Mark Meadows would call her to say that the president still needed more persuading, the book said.

“I need you to come back down here,” Meadows would tell her, according to the book. “We’ve got to get this under control.” He would clear the room of other aides, leaving just him and Ivanka Trump with the president."

Lindsey, McCarthy, Jordan- all 3 talked to Trump that day and could provide insight thru testimony...

"At one point that afternoon, Sen. Lindsey Graham contacted Ivanka Trump, hoping she could get through to the president. After trying her cell phone numerous times, Graham finally reached her, saying, “You need to tell him to tell these people to leave.”

The best Ivanka Trump could offer was, “We’re working on it.”

And what do you think will be the outcome of all of this theatre? Nothing will happen to trump. Obviously. The citizens charged are either mental, literally (see Q shaman), or dim, they’ll plea and take a slap on the wrist or maybe do a year or so. Not much different than a second dwi really. Now stuffshot will get super excited hoping some of these guys lose their jobs. But I doubt that happens to many of them. I suspect their employers don’t give a shit. I wouldn’t imagine many of these Q guys were on call at the hospital that day.

So what else will happen? Maybe a rep will be found complicit and get kicked off a committee they spent two million to be on?

I know it’s like Xmas to you but it’s just silly partisan political theatre. Had trump been truly impeached and barred from holding office then that would have been something to rally behind. This....this is made for tv partisan political theatre to say look conservatives are bad!

Congress is a legislative body. It has no authority to bring criminal charges or prosecution. It refers to doj. Doj already has pending cases where they can get all the same info and far more. Pure silliness

Last edited:
And what do you think will be the outcome of all of this theatre? Nothing will happen to trump. Obviously. The citizens charged are either mental, literally (see Q shaman), or dim, they’ll plea and take a slap on the wrist or maybe do a year or so. Not much different than a second dwi really. So what else will happen? Maybe a rep will be found complicit and get kicked off a committee they spent two million to be on?

I know it’s like Xmas to you but it’s just silly partisan political theatre. Had trump been truly impeached and barred from holding office then that would have been something to rally behind. This....this is made for tv partisan political theatre to say look conservatives are bad!

Congress is a legislative body. It has no authority to bring criminal charges or prosecution. It refers to doj. Doj already has pending cases where they can get all the same info and far more. Pure silliness
Your right the Republicans will protect Trump but he directly caused the Capital riot.

And what do you think will be the outcome of all of this theatre? Nothing will happen to trump. Obviously. The citizens charged are either mental, literally (see Q shaman), or dim, they’ll plea and take a slap on the wrist or maybe do a year or so. Not much different than a second dwi really. Now stuffshot will get super excited hoping some of these guys lose their jobs. But I doubt that happens to many of them. I suspect their employers don’t give a shit. I wouldn’t imagine many of these Q guys were on call at the hospital that day.

So what else will happen? Maybe a rep will be found complicit and get kicked off a committee they spent two million to be on?

The poor guy thinks he’s going to get answers, and when he doesn’t, he’ll have to grasp at straws so as to not look like a fool.

Hello, Ukraine call impeachment nonsense. They’ve become so predictable as a party.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I guess the McCarthy investigation can counter Fanone's testimony by hearing from this guy (former) VA officer Thomas Robertson. He wasn't satisfied with being released on bail back in Jan. Most people would be humbled by being a cop under Federal Indictment, but not this clown...

"He was rearrested this month for violating a judge's order not to possess firearms while on pretrial release and also for breaking a federal law that prevents people under felony indictment from shipping firearms."

He didn't just "break" the law against shipping firearms. They uncovered a pipe bomb and 37 guns he purchased since originally being released...

I think at least 10 Oathkeepers are involved in the Conspiracy case. They are working with informers and people looking to cop a plea. We really can't know everything going on behind the scenes- they unveiled more previously unseen video today at the hearing. I know they are building a serious case against the head of the Oathkeepers who apparently never entered the Capitol but coordinated things from outside on the steps. One reference I've seen repeatedly is that Bin Laden didn't fly the planes...

It seems strange for (cynical) pubs to be trying to place blame on Pelosi for underestimating the security concerns caused by a group of tourists. And for people who supposedly want ANSWERS to have voted against the original, (bi-partisan draft) plan to have outside investigators featuring an equal number of Dems and Pubs investigate this from the start. Can you explain the rationale behind that McCarthy move?
Cut the crap, show me a charge that is consistent with an insurrection.

I guess the McCarthy investigation can counter Fanone's testimony by hearing from this guy (former) VA officer Thomas Robertson. He wasn't satisfied with being released on bail back in Jan. Most people would be humbled by being a cop under Federal Indictment, but not this clown...

"He was rearrested this month for violating a judge's order not to possess firearms while on pretrial release and also for breaking a federal law that prevents people under felony indictment from shipping firearms."

He didn't just "break" the law against shipping firearms. They uncovered a pipe bomb and 37 guns he purchased since originally being released...

So (RET) Gen Honore who led the initial investigation on Capitol security had a few choice words for Trump, as well as McCarthy and the other House Pubs trying to push the "blame Pelosi" narrative...

Sounds like he's accusing them of deliberately spreading disinformation. Which btw was the word Trump used when Leonnig and Rucker asked him point-blank why he told so many lies. His answer was something to the effect of "there's this beautiful word, called disinformation"...

Capone was just a regular guy who the government had a vendetta against. All they got him on was some trumped up tax evasion b.s. Great guy. It was a travesty. Total hoax.
I wouldn’t compare Capone to these people. I think the mental is going to give rise to lots of pleas to far lesser charges. These were either literally mental folks and/or people far too dumb to plot anything. The one guy the judge found literally thought he was at the White House. the face of all of this the bureau of prisons found schizo

I think trump is the culpable party and judges won’t have much of an appetite for dropping the hammer on all but a few defendants. all but a few i suspect will get plea deals not far off from a second dwi.

i know not popular with the dems but i really do believe many of these people thought they were being patriots. being morons certainly doesn't absolve them, but.... it's trump i hold accountable

Last edited:
I said that I believe the most serious charges are to come. Why do you think they are negotiating plea deals with people charged with conspiracy?

Charges are meaningless. Dispositions matter. the plea deals entered will be a good barometer of how serious the courts are taking these cases based on what they glean.

Last edited:

It's binary -- who will look worse? The Republicans for claiming it didn't happen, or the Democrats for proving that it did.

A subset is how will Kinzinger and Cheney come across? (We already know how McCarthy and Jordan would come across.)

You've hinted in the past you would like Republicans to move on from Trump. These hearings may be more babysteps in that direction, depending how Kinzinger and Cheney do. But I don't think anybody will break down and confess to anything during the hearing.

I wouldn’t compare Capone to these people. I think the mental is going to give rise to lots of pleas to far lesser charges. These were either literally mental folks and/or people far too dumb to plot anything. The one guy the judge found literally thought he was at the White House. the face of all of this the bureau of prisons found schizo

I think trump is the culpable party and judges won’t have much of an appetite for dropping the hammer on all but a few defendants. all but a few i suspect will get plea deals not far off from a second dwi.

i know not popular with the dems but i really do believe many of these people thought they were being patriots. being morons certainly doesn't absolve them, but.... it's trump i hold accountable
I think a lot of them viciously attacked cops. That's something for which judges might issue some serious time.

Do you think only a few of those assailants have been/will be charged?

I think a lot of them viciously attacked cops. That's something for which judges might issue some serious time.

For sure. They are different. They will go down hard.

Last edited:

The simple trespassers are pleading out and taking their lumps. The violent criminals are being charged heavily and many are being held on remand or have had their bonds revoked. This will be playing out for another year or more.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It can be relatively easy to prove that a person assaulted a cop, damaged property, trespassed, etc. and with 500+ cases to try and with sentences that are substantial even for those crimes, you don't need to pull out the much-harder-to-prove charge of sedition, which requires proving exactly what the motive was.

The guy who planted the pipe bombs will be caught, I'd think. But he might not be charged with sedition either, since terrorist charges could put him away for decades.

The lack of formal charges of sedition, so far, does not mean that sedition did not occur or even that it is not provable. It might be provable but at great expense, relative to the task of getting 500+ nutjobs off the street ASAP.

It can be relatively easy to prove that a person assaulted a cop, damaged property, trespassed, etc. and with 500+ cases to try and with sentences that are substantial even for those crimes, you don't need to pull out the much-harder-to-prove charge of sedition, which requires proving exactly what the motive was.

The guy who planted the pipe bombs will be caught, I'd think. But he might not be charged with sedition either, since terrorist charges could put him away for decades.

The lack of formal charges of sedition, so far, does not mean that sedition did not occur or even that it is not provable. It might be provable but at great expense, relative to the task of getting 500+ nutjobs off the street ASAP.
Here's an interesting take revolving around the fact that there's almost too much evidence to sift thru. The FBI and DOJ are just not used to having so many defendants willfully incriminate themselves by posting so many personal online accounts that thousands of people have seen and cheerfully forwarded to law enforcement...

It's like that old John Walsh show "America's Most Wanted" on steroids...

**** off dude. This was an attack on the temple of democracy, we have the FBI on it. Show me a sedition charge or seriously stfu.

I suspect this is correct . . . and you're right that it doesn't absolve them . . . particularly of being the opposite of patriots.

There are a host of countries that would swiftly execute these folks for their participation . . . but not here. Oh, they'll feel some pain for their actions, and rightly so, but the level of personal responsibility for them won't be near what the potential for it is.

Not sure how I feel about that . . . I guess I'll have to leave it to those in government to figure out how far the punishment should go. Go figure . . . folks want to tear down the US government, then rely on leniency of those same institutions to keep their asses alive . . . only in America.

Groups I have detected as being present at or near the Capitol on 1/6/21:

1. Right-wing insurrectionists determined to commits acts of violence to protest what they believed was a stolen election.
2. Right-wing protestors determined to commits non-violent acts of protest against what they believed was a stolen election, and who were shocked to see violence.
3. Left-wing insurrectionists determined to commit acts of violence against right-wing insurrectionists and right-wing protestors and who were thrilled to see violence.
4. Left-wing protestors determined to non-violently counter-protest right-wing protests, and who were shocked to see violence.
5. Doofi vote whores on both sides, none of whom could tell the truth if it bit them in the ass.

Have I missed any?

And the bad side that nobody talks about? Citizens in groups 2 and 4 have the Constitutional right - a REAL one, not one of them hazy, penumbral rights - to peaceably assemble and petition the government over their grievances - even a belief in a stolen election, whether it be Gore winning Florida, or Hillary losing because of Russian bot Facebook posts or Trump losing over software cheating. And even if they are wrong or right or well-informed or crazy. Nobody at The January 6 Show now going on in DC gives a crap about the 2's and 4's.

The toxic political atmosphere created by the recent political leaders and their sycophants and propaganda receptacles HAS GOT TO STOP.

Let today be the day the stop starts.

(PS - if you disagree, STFU :cool:).

Groups I have detected as being present at or near the Capitol on 1/6/21:

1. Right-wing insurrectionists determined to commits acts of violence to protest what they believed was a stolen election.
2. Right-wing protestors determined to commits non-violent acts of protest against what they believed was a stolen election, and who were shocked to see violence.
3. Left-wing insurrectionists determined to commit acts of violence against right-wing insurrectionists and right-wing protestors and who were thrilled to see violence.
4. Left-wing protestors determined to non-violently counter-protest right-wing protests, and who were shocked to see violence.
5. Doofi vote whores on both sides, none of whom could tell the truth if it bit them in the ass.

Have I missed any?

And the bad side that nobody talks about? Citizens in groups 2 and 4 have the Constitutional right - a REAL one, not one of them hazy, penumbral rights - to peaceably assemble and petition the government over their grievances - even a belief in a stolen election, whether it be Gore winning Florida, or Hillary losing because of Russian bot Facebook posts or Trump losing over software cheating. And even if they are wrong or right or well-informed or crazy. Nobody at The January 6 Show now going on in DC gives a crap about the 2's and 4's.

The toxic political atmosphere created by the recent political leaders and their sycophants and propaganda receptacles HAS GOT TO STOP.

Let today be the day the stop starts.

(PS - if you disagree, STFU :cool:).
Guess I'll have to STFU. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lucy01
“Please provide video evidence”

sorry - you’ll have to come out of your “selective safe facts I like” cave and read something other than your pre-selected sycophant press sites to learn anything

I could show you film of Nancy Pelosi dressed up in Rambo gear shooting an M-16 at pro-Trumpers and you’d just ignore it and move the goal posts

so no - I won’t play your game - emphasis on game

you just keep believing in that “one side is good, the other is bad” world you imagine exists

the adults will tell you when it’s time to eat

sorry - you’ll have to come out of your “selective safe facts I like” cave and read something other than your pre-selected sycophant press sites to learn anything

I could show you film of Nancy Pelosi dressed up in Rambo gear shooting an M-16 at pro-Trumpers and you’d just ignore it and move the goal posts

so no - I won’t play your game - emphasis on game

you just keep believing in that “one side is good, the other is bad” world you imagine exists

the adults will tell you when it’s time to eat
Pffffffttttttt . . . .

I'm just asking for evidence to support your claims. Why is that a bad thing, unless it's bad for you, since the evidence isn't there.

Facts matter.
Just go ahead and cite your “months old” fact-checks (Huffingpaint Post, Newsleak, SycophantNN ) saying “Trump lied - there were no antifa in DC on January 6” and get it over with, cause unless it comes out of the water, says “I’m a shark,” and bites you, it’s a fish.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT