ADVERTISEMENT

spoiler- If you're boycotting the Jan 6 hearing...

Could an event happen again similar to what happened on January 6th ? In my view, the answer is yes.

If the answer is yes, how should an event similar to this one be handled in the future ? Furthermore who should investigate what happened and make plans to deal with a future event ?

My suggestion would be a Joint Committee made up of members from both the House and the Senate with equal members from both parties. If some Joint Committees handle routine matters, such as supervising the Library of Congress, it would seem plausible a joint committee should deal with a matter such as protecting Congress against a violent, or potentially violent insurrection..

Reactions: Bill4411
Last edited:
Just so we're clear, there is an argument from Trumpers here that says, essentially this:

Trump cannot be held accountable for inciting an insurrection, rather, Nancy Pelosi should be held accountable for not anticipating that Trump would incite an insurrection.

Correct?

Could an event happen again similar to what happened on January 6th ? In my view, the answer is yes.

If the answer is yes, how should an event similar to this one be handled in the future ? Furthermore who should investigate what happened and make plans to deal with a future event ?

My suggestion would be a Joint Committee made up of members from both the House and the Senate with equal members from both parties. If some Joint Committees handle routine matters, such as supervising the Library of Congress, it would seem plausible a joint committee should deal with a matter such as protecting Congress against a violent, or potentially violent insurrection..
While they're at it, let's consider what further legal protections are needed against the next President who wants to manipulate his followers to act violently in order to stay in power.

Pelosi is not in the chain of command for the Capital Police, the DC Metro Police, or the National Guard.
You don't understand!

The righties like him don't know it nor do they know that Pelosi is not in the chain of command for the Capital Police.
They only know that Pelosi is a dirty name and blame everything they disagree with on Pelosi. I wouldn't be surprised if they think Pelosi started WWII.

They have only 2 cells in their brain: "Pelosi bad" and "Trump great."
See how simple minds work?

Last edited:
While they're at it, let's consider what further legal protections are needed against the next President who wants to manipulate his followers to act violently in order to stay in power.
Good point.

I have often wondered how we avoided this throughout our history. My answer was that we were lucky enough never to elect a president who would do such a thing.

Also what could cause enough people to take actions to protect a president who violated the constitution which prohibited him from staying in power ?

One answer to this question is a one term president seeking reelection who convinces enough people that the election was stolen.

You are the exact audience for these crocodile tears, I hope you’re enjoying yourself.
You must have me confused with a Schiff fan.

I'm still not seeing the value in this whole proceeding. People like you will never admit that the sky is blue, as long as your Lord and Orange Savior insists that it's not.

Who did it better? I had no idea we had such talented thespians in Congress!

Seriously guys, no more crying.
President Reagan was asked, "How can an actor be president". Reagan responded. "How can a president not be an actor".

Lot of truth in the Reagan response as successful politicians, just like actors, do appeal to voter's emotions as much, if not more, than through appealing to intellect. Think about Trump rallies as an example.

You must have me confused with a Schiff fan.

I'm still not seeing the value in this whole proceeding. People like you will never admit that the sky is blue, as long as your Lord and Orange Savior insists that it's not.
Schiff's presence should be a pretty big red flag that these are not serious proceedings.

What would you like me to admit? Orange man bad?

Good point.

I have often wondered how we avoided this throughout our history. My answer was that we were lucky enough never to elect a president who would do such a thing.

Also what could cause enough people to take actions to protect a president who violated the constitution which prohibited him from staying in power ?

One answer to this question is a one term president seeking reelection who convinces enough people that the election was stolen.
Maybe it should be a Class C Felony (less than 25, more than 10) for the President to make, or cause to be made, demonstrably false claims about election fraud.

Wrong.

On Jan 6, it was 50-50, with Harris holding the tie vote breaker. Chuckie was leader of the Senate on 1/6.
Aside from the fact that the runoff in GA wasn't until Jan 5, and the results had not been certified and neither Senator had been seated on Jan 6...

Discussions involving security at the Capitol were held before the attack, so who was in charge ON Jan 6 is irrelevant to the current discussion. The GOP certainly did NOT expect to lose 2 seats on Jan 5. so it's ridiculous of you to try and absolve responsibility for Mitch on this issue.

Again, you're just admitting that you forgot the Senate was attacked as well, otherwise you'd never have resorted to trying to uniquely blame the House as if only the House was using the Capitol that day. Your link is to the current status of oversight after the new Admin took power on Jan 20.

None of these Committee assignments were remotely the same ON Jan 6, much less the days leading up to Jan 6 when any security measures would have been discussed. You're just demonstrating to any impartial observer how ridiculous your claim is, by basically maintaining that any of those Committees would have had the time to even say hello, much less conduct business under new staffing when the election was only held the day prior to the attack...

The transfer of power occurs on Jan 20- Inauguration Day. Not only Biden but also Warnock and Ossoff were sworn in on THAT day. The Dems took control of the Senate by virtue of KH's tiebreaker, and again she only was sworn in on Jan 20...

"Pelosi shares control of the Capitol with the Senate majority leader, who at the time was Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. Republicans have made no attempt to blame McConnell for the security breach or for failing to prepare for the attack."

f@ck no, I'm questioning the dumbasses that did it and those who inspired them
The purpose of the committee is to find the facts about 1/6.

Of course you don't want to question Pelosi - she's as incompetent as Joe and would look like a fool under serious questioning.

The purpose of the committee is to find the facts about 1/6.

Of course you don't want to question Pelosi - she's as incompetent as Joe and would look like a fool under serious questioning.
If it's truly about finding facts I don't understand the need for all the "feel" questions yesterday.

"How did that rioter yelling slurs make you feel?"

"How did the Capitol being bum rushed make you feel?"

What facts are we uncovering with those questions?

Reactions: IU Hardcore
If the gop thought trump was innocent during the impeachment trials and jan 6, then they wouldn't have been against hearing witnesses and having an investigation
It's the House's job to investigate and present the case. The Senate judges on the case presented to them by the House.

Take a Civics lesson sometime.

If it's truly about finding facts I don't understand the need for all the "feel" questions yesterday.

"How did that rioter yelling slurs make you feel?"

"How did the Capitol being bum rushed make you feel?"

What facts are we uncovering with those questions?
Exactly.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Sure. I'm also for questioning Trump, Pence, McConnell, Barr, Meadows, McCarthy, Giuliani, Lin Wood and probably a couple others.

Are you?
Good deal. And the FBI. Let's definitely question them, since they reportedly had insiders inside the militia groups.

Touche. Pence was VP on 1/6.
You get some brownie points here for sacking up instead of diverting, counter accusing or wuttabouting (even though you were diverting, counter accusing and wuttabouting....but you didn't pull a squared wuttabout).

I'd even give them to you if you ended it with a 'so blow me'.

Maybe you aren't a bot after all.

Reactions: UncleMark
What were you talking about? I don't have the time to sift through all the posts on this board.
All you need to do is hit the scroll button on my response and it will take you straight to what you wrote. It would have taken less time than your response… but you already knew that.

You get some brownie points here for sacking up instead of diverting, counter accusing or wuttabouting (even though you were diverting, counter accusing and wuttabouting....but you didn't pull a squared wuttabout).

I'd even give them to you if you ended it with a 'so blow me'.

Maybe you aren't a bot after all.
I've always admitted when I make factual errors. We all do it (well, except for Goat, of course) and, if you admit it, it's no big deal.

And like I said, I want ALL parties to be questioned about 1/6. Let's get ALL the truth out there. Bring on Trump, Bring on the FBI. Bring on Pelosi and McConnell. I assume they're talking to the entire chain of command of the Capitol Police - if not, bring them on, too. Bring on the leaders of the protest.

I want a public record of everything and then let the People decide. Isn't that how Congress is supposed to work?

Reactions: TommyCracker
All you need to do is hit the scroll button on my response and it will take you straight to what you wrote. It would have taken less time than your response… but you already knew that.
Like I said, I don't have the time. Why not just say what you're talking about - if you even know.

• Sad
Reactions: Bill4411
I've always admitted when I make factual errors. We all do it (well, except for Goat, of course) and, if you admit it, it's no big deal.

And like I said, I want ALL parties to be questioned about 1/6. Let's get ALL the truth out there. Bring on Trump, Bring on the FBI. Bring on Pelosi and McConnell. I assume they're talking to the entire chain of command of the Capitol Police - if not, bring them on, too. Bring on the leaders of the protest.

I want a public record of everything and then let the People decide. Isn't that how Congress is supposed to work?
I don't think you want Trump saying anything under oath. Even if he's completely innocent, he's a lawyers worst nightmare.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Just so we're clear, there is an argument from Trumpers here that says, essentially this:

Trump cannot be held accountable for inciting an insurrection, rather, Nancy Pelosi should be held accountable for not anticipating that Trump would incite an insurrection.

Correct?
There seems to be no disagreement that the above statement captures the viewpoint of the Trumpers on here.

Which is pretty amazing.

Like I said, I don't have the time. Why not just say what you're talking about - if you even know.

efb9c14a5867557bf00ea6101314db6b.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT