ADVERTISEMENT

spoiler- If you're boycotting the Jan 6 hearing...

It doesn’t matter if she was responsible for security, but it absolutely matters in the court of public opinion, which is all this dog & pony show is about, if they can get her to admit that:
1. She & other Dem leaders had discussed the possibility that wacko right wingers under the mind control of master brainwasher the Donald we’re going to overthrow the government & make the US a dictatorship & chose to take no preemptive actions, or
2. Were too stupid to see it coming & didn’t take all of the Donald’s remarks seriously in spite of their constant bleating about how serious the threat was now.

No good for Nancy.
I thought you were bosides? Why would the Senate leader be exempt from criticism over Capitol security, since both Houses are conducting business there? I know the idiots who fall for nonsense will swallow this, but any thinking person knows Pence was presiding in the Senate...

Mitch has been in control of the Senate since the 2014 midterms, while Pelosi only regained her role as House speaker in 2018. There are a lot of dumb people in this country, but people stupid enough to believe Pelosi was responsible for Capitol Security not only voted for Trump but believe all the lies he tells about the election being stolen.

Polling out today shows that 60% think it would be bad for the country if Trump ran in 2024- he's never been popular beyond his base. Pelosi is a polarizing figure as well, but trying to pin this on Pelosi will only work with low attention span, low info voters.

Jordan should probably worry more about being subpoenaed and in the process dredging up his OSU history in the press accounts, then trying to concoct this imaginary theory that blames the Speaker of the House while absolving the Majority Leader of the Senate for an issue neither one is remotely responsible for...

It doesn’t matter if she was responsible for security, but it absolutely matters in the court of public opinion, which is all this dog & pony show is about, if they can get her to admit that:
1. She & other Dem leaders had discussed the possibility that wacko right wingers under the mind control of master brainwasher the Donald we’re going to overthrow the government & make the US a dictatorship & chose to take no preemptive actions, or
2. Were too stupid to see it coming & didn’t take all of the Donald’s remarks seriously in spite of their constant bleating about how serious the threat was now.

No good for Nancy.

So in short, "bs is ok when it is coming from my side. I know it is bs but lets own the libs."

Well, acknowledging the gop is full of shit is a start. Now maybe you can learn right from wrong.

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of a legislator being on the investigation committee where he or she was a person of interest?
"person of interest" lol. Lead detective pelosi - 62 years on the force. it's the jan 6 commission not the jim jordan commission. again these people are legislators not cops/prosecutors

Reactions: DANC
I'm saying all you folks all apopletic over the Great Trumper 1/6/21 Massacre, and claiming that thousands of people stormed into the Capitol shootin' and rapin' and rapin' and shootin', are a bunch of political puppets, Pelosi Puppets, willingingly watching and creating a piece of Trumped-up political theatre.
Hi, Mr. Strawman...nice to meet you.

I thought you were bosides? Why would the Senate leader be exempt from criticism over Capitol security, since both Houses are conducting business there? I know the idiots who fall for nonsense will swallow this, but any thinking person knows Pence was presiding in the Senate...

Mitch has been in control of the Senate since the 2014 midterms, while Pelosi only regained her role as House speaker in 2018. There are a lot of dumb people in this country, but people stupid enough to believe Pelosi was responsible for Capitol Security not only voted for Trump but believe all the lies he tells about the election being stolen.

Polling out today shows that 60% think it would be bad for the country if Trump ran in 2024- he's never been popular beyond his base. Pelosi is a polarizing figure as well, but trying to pin this on Pelosi will only work with low attention span, low info voters.

Jordan should probably worry more about being subpoenaed and in the process dredging up his OSU history in the press accounts, then trying to concoct this imaginary theory that blames the Speaker of the House while absolving the Majority Leader of the Senate for an issue neither one is remotely responsible for...
What did I say that was partisan?

You're missing the point. This isn't about a few hundred dumbasses.

It's about a President inviting them to town surrounded by thousands of others drawn like moths to the Big Lie (the majority of whom saw the dumbasses as patriots defending America, according to polls). The President had been saying for months the only way he could lose the election was if it was stolen, and that was immediately the narrative after he lost. The story line is clear as day and will shine through that way under the cold light of historical perspective.

But today's task is to continue to draw out those Republicans who still perpetuate the Big Lie and who are trying to change the narrative about what really happened on January 6 and who was responsible.

It was an attempt to disrupt the result of the Presidential election, instigated by Trump, and now defended by the GOP. I wish I trusted the American people to hold them accountable for that.
What fed Trumps belief he could sell that narrative?

Have you ever heard of a legislator being on the investigation committee where he or she was a person of interest?
Like on Nixon’s tapes?

Or consulted by a President on literally any issue that literally any Congress holds a committee hearing about? Like some hearing on a war or a policy or White House China bought by Nancy Reagan and some other deep issue

How do you people think Washington and a tri-partite government works?

Hearings are about embarrassing opponents.

Would you want AOC or the squad on any fact-finding committee? Jordan is essentially as far right-wing as AOC is left...

"And, if he did (I don't know if he did or not), what would that prove? Is it not OK for a leading House Republican to call the White House when the Capitol is being invaded?"

Ok, Dan, let's consider the implications here. Talking to Trump is NOT the issue per se, we know that both McCarthy and Lindsey both talked to Trump, or at least in Graham's case he tried to numerous times and definitely got thru to Ivanka...

The key is what did Trump SAY when he was talking to a US Congressman while the Capitol was being invaded? We already know that McCarthy tried to change his story because originally he confided in a fellow Republican House member Jamie Herrea-Beutler (GOP-WA) who outed him.

So when he's subpoenaed and she confronts him is he going to purge himself and try to claim he didn't tell her what she is already on public record for revealing?

Jordan has the same problem. Is he going to lie for Trump or is he going to be truthful, not perjuring himself but earning Trump's wrath for the betrayal? Again, the video I posted was Jordan avoiding questions from a friendly Fox News host, and he was NOT under oath. Clearly, Jordan wanted to be on the Committee so he could veto any attempt to subpoena himself...

I would have no problem with AOC on the committe, nor any other House member, if their leadership chooses them to represent their party.

I'm all for anyone who will actually be interested in finding out all about 1/6 and who knew what, when.

Why are you scared of Jordan being on the Committee?

Reactions: Lucy01
74 million dumbasses?
Minus a few here and there, but we're talking about someone who bragged that it wouldn't hurt his popularity if he shot and killed someone on a crowded street. Trusting that his followers would go along wasn't an issue for him. Thankfully, he couldn't convince enough people with actual power.

74 million dumbasses?

Minus a few here and there, but we're talking about someone who bragged that it wouldn't hurt his popularity if he shot and killed someone on a crowded street. Trusting that his followers would go along wasn't an issue for him. Thankfully, he couldn't convince enough people with actual power.
So you deny that the prior bullshit challenges to elections would have provided encouragement? History has no consequence, it’s just past events?

So you deny that the prior bullshit challenges to elections would have provided encouragement? History has no consequence, it’s just past events?
Of course history has consequences. But thinking it provides excuses leads to escalating chaos. From hanging chads and a Supreme Court decision, to unsubstantiated allegations and an invasion of the Capitol. What's next?

If Trump's actions to cast unsubstantiated doubt on the election aren't found to be illegal, then laws are needed so they will be in the future.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Of course history has consequences. But thinking it provides excuses leads to escalating chaos. From hanging chads and a Supreme Court decision, to unsubstantiated allegations and an invasion of the Capitol. What's next?

If Trump's actions to cast unsubstantiated doubt on the election aren't found to be illegal, then laws are needed so they will be in the future.

Yea, shouldn't be that hard to come up with something along the lines of an elected official not being allowed to publicly cast doubt on elections without the evidence to back up the claims

• Haha
Yea, shouldn't be that hard to come up with something along the lines of an elected official not being allowed to publicly cast doubt on elections without the evidence to back up the claims
Just to play Devils Advocate - what evidence supported Gores claims in Florida - at the time withdrew his concession and made claims he won Florida? Or those assinine claims that Russian Facebook bots defeated Hillary that sparked a four year escalating hate fest in this country?

As usual, I seek to probe the Everlasting Double Standards of the American Democrat. So please help me understand …

I’ll hang up and listen

Just to play Devils Advocate - what evidence supported Gores claims in Florida - at the time withdrew his concession and made claims he won Florida? Or those assinine claims that Russian Facebook bots defeated Hillary that sparked a four year escalating hate fest in this country?

As usual, I seek to probe the Everlasting Double Standards of the American Democrat. So please help me understand …

I’ll hang up and listen
That was different!!!! Trump!!!!😂😂😂

• Haha

I’ll hang up and listen
That's up to the court's to decide. Gore's case was heard by the SC, and when he lost he conceded. Trump's was declined a hearing by the SC, but he hasn't conceded to this day.

I’ll hang up and listen

Did Gore claim it was stolen?

It's one thing to go through the process of verifying results or recounting and quite another to claim it was stolen without any evidence.

What asinine claims? What's asinine is that Trump colluded with Russia which was verified by the Mueller investigation.

Look at Orange Man Bully if you want the reason for the hate fest in this country. Although I am guessing you think his twitter bullying was perfectly ok.

Did Gore claim it was stolen?

It's one thing to go through the process of verifying results or recounting and quite another to claim it was stolen without any evidence.

What asinine claims? What's asinine is that Trump colluded with Russia which was verified by the Mueller investigation.

Look at Orange Man Bully if you want the reason for the hate fest in this country. Although I am guessing you think his twitter bullying was perfectly ok.
I asked for a reasonable discussion. I got your brainwashed bs instead. Perfect example of what is wrong with political discourse these days.

Of course Gore claimed “it was stolen” - the difference is in how you “interpret”the legal assertions in lawsuits about whether and how local election officials failed to properly count ballots. Gore swarms of sycophant lawyers said Florida Republicans cheated by how ballots were counted or not. Same as Georgia last year. It’s just easier to hide electronic fraud than it is to hide chad ballots. And even if you are delusional enough accept partisan and political Congressional committee “investigations” (do you believe Oswald had help?) then you still have to admit that colluded Russian Facebook posts didn’t change a vote cast for Hillary into a vote for Trump. And a bunch of Facebook posts (First Amendment speech, by the way) is no more or less “impactful” than say a West German Chancellor saying they’d prefer or deal with a certain candidate over another.

When you hate one party, you gleefully and selectively overemphasize the facts that say the other guy is an asshole.

Gore lost.
Hillary lost.
Trump lost.

All 3 played the “y’all cheated” card.
You accept 2 and reject 1.
Thats a you issue.

The GOP needs to realize that the longer the “Trump got cheated” story stay on even the back page, the less likely they take the Senate or House in the mid terms. EVEN IF ITS TRUE, he not the first candidate to have an election stolen. Nixon won Illinois. Etc. Vote whores gotta take the bad with the good. “If you win big, they can’t cheat.” Signed, Hugh Hewitt.

So collusion? Yawn. Grow up you naive neophytes.
Chads? Puhleeze.
I’ll listen to an argument that 100,000 votes were cast where only 90,000 registered voters live. And I’ll listen to an argument that software changed actual votes cast (although I’m skeptical you can ever “prove” it).

But I won’t listen to hypocrites who say “only WE bring legitimate lawsuits over votes.”

I’m a lawyer. Show me evidence or STFU. And even when OJ did it, I accept the jury verdict, because the system is more important than 1 case.

*cough* Stacey Abrams *cough*

Gore lost.
Hillary lost.
Trump lost.

All 3 played the “y’all cheated” card.
You accept 2 and reject 1.
Thats a you issue.
Just so we can compare the situations fairly...

Gore lost and played the y'all cheated card for a few days/weeks, then conceeded
Hillary lost and played the y'all cheated card for a few hours, then conceeded

Trump lost and is still playing the y'all cheated card 9 months later, with no end in sight, no concession, with no evidence in hnd, and while actively instigating one insurrection, with an apparent intent of more to come.

Moreover, Trump told us in advance that losing was impossible and that he's be playing the y'all cheated card, no matter what.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Gore lost and played the y'all cheated card for a few days/weeks, then conceeded

Trump lost and is still playing the y'all cheated card 9 months later, with no end in sight, no concession, with no evidence in hnd, and while actively instigating one insurrection, with an apparent intent of more to come.

Moreover, Trump told us in advance that losing was impossible and that he's be playing the y'all cheated card, no matter what.
AAAAaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-maintains-2016-election-160716779.html

so danks best case is "we can do anything you can do better"

You give me comments about an election being shady...I'll give you an insurrection revolution baby.

You give me some pervy behavior and I'll give you sexual assault. It's all equal...very comparable baby. You bring it, I'll bring it harder cause that's how we roll.

Apparently that is the GOP line of thinking.

A point I didn't see mentioned when people are whining about representation or political theater is the fact that the pubs had the option to have equal power in this....but gave it up when they voted against the initial commission.

So yeah, f#$k off with the whiny bitch routine.

I'll give you Gore's eventual concession. The rest is, ummm, "misremembering." It suffices to say that Gore - and even Nixon - had more concern for the nation and its unity than more modern day whiny vote whore bitches. Nowadays, the national assembly is full of people who threaten violence if they don't get their way. "No justice - no peace" followed by a riot is no better than "y'all stole the 'lection" followed by a riot. And people who claim one is OK and the other isn't need a moment of self-fairness-self-awareness-reflection.

And remember when Obama, Hillary and CNN "debate moderators" asked Trump if he would "accept" the results of the 2016 election, and all the angst and feinting-couch-falling when he said "we'll see"? THAT is where this round of "stolen election" BS started. Even that great right wing Hollywood movie mogul Michael Moore told the Dems they were gonna lose because Hillary had alienated and ignored the Rust Belt union guy. They opted to claim the "Russian Facebook Bots" fantasy. And now act surpsied when Trump plays the "lection fraud" card. The length of the play is not really the issue. The message is the issue.

Remember all the GOPers claiming the Electoral College was a fraud? racist? waaaaah? Yeah - me neither.

Which is a greater threat to our democracy? Lies about elections, or doing away with our voting system so one side can win as often than they want?

The Dems and their sycophants in the media and on the internet DAILY equate 75,000,000 Trump voters - and a few million more never-Trunper/never Dims - with the few hundred violent people in DC on 1/6/21. And call them ALL racist nazi fascists. (1truthteller was on here this week doing it - not ONE lefty called him out. Mostly because over the last 4 years, the lefties on this board have been doing the same thing.) The left has taken on the tactics of Joe McCarthy, to mix in with their Alinsky, and the willingness to lie that matches TASS and Pravda of the Cold War. They started the cancel culture. They disown friends and family members who think differently.

The Left played a LARGE role in creating the atmosphere that preoduced Trump and and which emboldened and enabled his "election fraud" claims. And the next time a Dem loses - they'll make the same claims.

Screw this crap.

Its football season.

Beat Iowa.

There’s a mountain of evidence, it’s just that Mike Pillow and Rudy haven’t released it yet, but they will. Yep, any day now.

I'll give you Gore's eventual concession. The rest is, ummm, "misremembering." It suffices to say that Gore - and even Nixon - had more concern for the nation and its unity than more modern day whiny vote whore bitches. Nowadays, the national assembly is full of people who threaten violence if they don't get their way. "No justice - no peace" followed by a riot is no better than "y'all stole the 'lection" followed by a riot. And people who claim one is OK and the other isn't need a moment of self-fairness-self-awareness-reflection.

And remember when Obama, Hillary and CNN "debate moderators" asked Trump if he would "accept" the results of the 2016 election, and all the angst and feinting-couch-falling when he said "we'll see"? THAT is where this round of "stolen election" BS started. Even that great right wing Hollywood movie mogul Michael Moore told the Dems they were gonna lose because Hillary had alienated and ignored the Rust Belt union guy. They opted to claim the "Russian Facebook Bots" fantasy. And now act surpsied when Trump plays the "lection fraud" card. The length of the play is not really the issue. The message is the issue.

Remember all the GOPers claiming the Electoral College was a fraud? racist? waaaaah? Yeah - me neither.

Which is a greater threat to our democracy? Lies about elections, or doing away with our voting system so one side can win as often than they want?

The Dems and their sycophants in the media and on the internet DAILY equate 75,000,000 Trump voters - and a few million more never-Trunper/never Dims - with the few hundred violent people in DC on 1/6/21. And call them ALL racist nazi fascists. (1truthteller was on here this week doing it - not ONE lefty called him out. Mostly because over the last 4 years, the lefties on this board have been doing the same thing.) The left has taken on the tactics of Joe McCarthy, to mix in with their Alinsky, and the willingness to lie that matches TASS and Pravda of the Cold War. They started the cancel culture. They disown friends and family members who think differently.

The Left played a LARGE role in creating the atmosphere that preoduced Trump and and which emboldened and enabled his "election fraud" claims. And the next time a Dem loses - they'll make the same claims.

Screw this crap.

Its football season.

Beat Iowa.
You need to unretire.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT