ADVERTISEMENT

spoiler- If you're boycotting the Jan 6 hearing...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Then you don't want to read this thread. Just wanted to set up a single place where those of us interested in the Hearing could discuss...

A preface- how Trump characterized the "loving crowd" to Leonnig and Rucker when they interviewed him in March at Mar A Lago...

Scott McKenzie's "If you're going to San Francisco" plays softly in the background...

Then you don't want to read this thread. Just wanted to set up a single place where those of us interested in the Hearing could discuss...

A preface- how Trump characterized the "loving crowd" to Leonnig and Rucker when they interviewed him in March at Mar A Lago...

Scott McKenzie's "If you're going to San Francisco" plays softly in the background...

So Harry Dunn didn't think it was a "loving crowd"...

So about a week ago Tucker Carlson started to pre-emptively attack Dunn, prior to Dunn's testimony... Background here...

So today when he testified Dunn was more specific about the racism he was subjected to...

"Dunn, who is Black, said he challenged their claims that no one had voted for Biden by telling them that he himself was a Biden supporter.

"One woman in a pink 'MAGA' shirt yelled, 'You hear that, guys, this ****** voted for Joe Biden!'" said Dunn. "Then the crowd, perhaps around twenty people, joined in, screaming 'Boo! ****ing ******!' No one had ever – ever - called me a '******' while wearing the uniform of a Capitol Police officer..."

Dunn was one of four police officers who delivered wrenching testimony on Tuesday on their struggle to defend the Capitol against a mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters, describing to lawmakers how they were beaten, taunted with racial insults from rioters and faced threats like "kill him with his own gun."

Reactions: Bill4411

I for one am glad that Mike Pence did protect the Constitution. Pence turned out was more loyal to the Constitution than a single man. Mike might just get a chapter in an update version of "Profiles in Courage".

"Trump is for a lot of white people what O.J.'s acquittal was to a lot of Black folks—you know it's wrong, but it feels good," Barack Obama.

Last edited:
So Harry Dunn didn't think it was a "loving crowd"...

So about a week ago Tucker Carlson started to pre-emptively attack Dunn, prior to Dunn's testimony... Background here...

So today when he testified Dunn was more specific about the racism he was subjected to...

"Dunn, who is Black, said he challenged their claims that no one had voted for Biden by telling them that he himself was a Biden supporter.

"One woman in a pink 'MAGA' shirt yelled, 'You hear that, guys, this ****** voted for Joe Biden!'" said Dunn. "Then the crowd, perhaps around twenty people, joined in, screaming 'Boo! ****ing ******!' No one had ever – ever - called me a '******' while wearing the uniform of a Capitol Police officer..."

Dunn was one of four police officers who delivered wrenching testimony on Tuesday on their struggle to defend the Capitol against a mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters, describing to lawmakers how they were beaten, taunted with racial insults from rioters and faced threats like "kill him with his own gun."

DC Metro officer Daniel Hodges who was the officer photographed being crushed in the doorway while begging for his life, testified that instead of demeaning him, the racists in the crowd attempted to "recruit" him...

“The terrorists alternated between attempting to break our defense or shouting at or attempting to convert us,” he said. “Men alleging to be veterans told us how they had fought for this country and were fighting for it again. One man tried to start a chant of ‘Four more years.’ Another shouted, ‘Do not touch us, we’re not Black Lives Matter,’ as if political affiliation is how we determine when to use force.”

“A man attempted to rip the baton from my hands, and we wrestled for control. I retained my weapon, and after I pushed him back he yelled at me, ‘You’re on the wrong team,’” Hodges said. “One man tried and failed to build a rapport with me, shouting, ‘Are you, my brother?’ Another takes a different tack, shouting, ‘You will die on your knees"

Metropolitan Police Department Officer Daniel Hodges testifies during the opening hearing of the U.S. House (Select) Committee investigating the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., July 27, 2021. (Jim Bourg/Reuters)

“Even during this intense contest of wills, they tried to convert us to their cult,” he said. “One man shouted, ‘We all just want to make our voices heard, and I think you feel the same. I really think you feel the same,’ all while another man tries to batter us with a stolen shield.”

DC Metro officer Daniel Hodges who was the officer photographed being crushed in the doorway while begging for his life, testified that instead of demeaning him, the racists in the crowd attempted to "recruit" him...

“The terrorists alternated between attempting to break our defense or shouting at or attempting to convert us,” he said. “Men alleging to be veterans told us how they had fought for this country and were fighting for it again. One man tried to start a chant of ‘Four more years.’ Another shouted, ‘Do not touch us, we’re not Black Lives Matter,’ as if political affiliation is how we determine when to use force.”

“A man attempted to rip the baton from my hands, and we wrestled for control. I retained my weapon, and after I pushed him back he yelled at me, ‘You’re on the wrong team,’” Hodges said. “One man tried and failed to build a rapport with me, shouting, ‘Are you, my brother?’ Another takes a different tack, shouting, ‘You will die on your knees"

Metropolitan Police Department Officer Daniel Hodges testifies during the opening hearing of the U.S. House (Select) Committee investigating the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., July 27, 2021. (Jim Bourg/Reuters)

“Even during this intense contest of wills, they tried to convert us to their cult,” he said. “One man shouted, ‘We all just want to make our voices heard, and I think you feel the same. I really think you feel the same,’ all while another man tries to batter us with a stolen shield.”

]
Capitol Police Sgt Aquilino Gonell got the full MAGA racist/xenophobic double-dip, as rioters taunted him for not even being an American. Of course, none of them knew that he was a 13 yr veteran who also served in Iraq- they just thought he looked Hispanic...

"U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell said Tuesday that he was subjected to racist and xenophobic insults as he fought to protect the Capitol from a violent mob of Trump
supporters on Jan. 6.

"Apparently even through my mask they saw my skin color and said, 'You're not even an American,’" Gonell told members of the House select committee investigating the attack.
U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell wipes his eyes as he watches a video before the House select committee hearing on the Jan. 6 attack on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, July 27, 2021. (Brendan Smialowski/Pool via AP)

Gonell, who immigrated to the U.S. from the Dominican Republic as a child, is a naturalized citizen and an Iraq War veteran. In his opening statement to the committee, he said he’d decided to enlist in the U.S. military nearly three decades ago “because this country gave me an opportunity to become anything that I wanted.” Since then, he said, “I have always taken my oath seriously.”

Ds oughta wanna brand Ps as the cowards they are. There really isn’t a better word to describe their pathetic state.

Ds oughta wanna brand Ps as the cowards they are. There really isn’t a better word to describe their pathetic state.
WTF does that mean? So what is your response to all D's are rioting looters burning cities and stealing TV's? I assume by ''p'' you are trying to refer to all republican's?

Reactions: Excellent Post
I for one am glad that Mike Pence did protect the Constitution. Pence turned out was more loyal to the Constitution than a single man. Mike might just get a chapter in an update version of "Profiles in Courage".

"Trump is for a lot of white people what O.J.'s acquittal was to a lot of Black folks—you know it's wrong, but it feels good," Barack Obama.
One of the new books out says the Secret Service tried to spirit Pence away from the Capitol but he wouldn't go. Claimed he wasn't sure if they would isolate him and prevent him from finishing the certification process, presumably under Trump's direction. May be far fetched, but if true it tells you how concerned Pence was about the lengths Trump would go to.

So these hearings are just going to be SS and Capitol Police Officers going up there to relive their experience? Don't get me wrong I am sure it will titillate the Cos's and Shooter's of the world (they are the Democratic base and after all these hearings are really just meant to fellate them) but I am not sure there will be many bombshells......

]
Capitol Police Sgt Aquilino Gonell got the full MAGA racist/xenophobic double-dip, as rioters taunted him for not even being an American. Of course, none of them knew that he was a 13 yr veteran who also served in Iraq- they just thought he looked Hispanic...

"U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell said Tuesday that he was subjected to racist and xenophobic insults as he fought to protect the Capitol from a violent mob of Trump
supporters on Jan. 6.

"Apparently even through my mask they saw my skin color and said, 'You're not even an American,’" Gonell told members of the House select committee investigating the attack.
U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell wipes his eyes as he watches a video before the House select committee hearing on the Jan. 6 attack on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, July 27, 2021. (Brendan Smialowski/Pool via AP)

Gonell, who immigrated to the U.S. from the Dominican Republic as a child, is a naturalized citizen and an Iraq War veteran. In his opening statement to the committee, he said he’d decided to enlist in the U.S. military nearly three decades ago “because this country gave me an opportunity to become anything that I wanted.” Since then, he said, “I have always taken my oath seriously.”

The other officer to testify today was DC Metro Officer Michael Fanone. He has spoken previously about various elements prior to today, including this interview with Don Lemon about 3 mos ago. This is very emotional and Fanone expresses his disillusionment as someone who voted for Trump and bought into Trump's "law and order" rhetoric...

Fanone voiced that disillusionment in his testimony today...

“I feel like I went to hell and back to protect them and the people in this room,” Fanone testified, pounding his fist on the table in front of him. “Too many are now telling me that hell doesn’t exist or that hell actually wasn’t that bad. The indifference shown to my colleagues is disgraceful.”

So these hearings are just going to be SS and Capitol Police Officers going up there to relive their experience? Don't get me wrong I am sure it will titillate the Cos's and Shooter's of the world (they are the Democratic base and after all these hearings are really just meant to fellate them) but I am not sure there will be many bombshells......
This is just the warm up. It will get better, believe me. I want to hear from Meadows and McCarthy... under oath.

Your uncertainty is due to the fact that you are uninformed if you really think "these hearings are just going to be SS and Capitol Police Officers going up there to relive their experience."

You should read more. These hearings are going to have other witnesses besides the cops you apparently don't want to hear:

Maybe you don't want to hear from the non-cops either. Be patient.

So will the McCarthy/ Jim Jordan GOP commission call these officers, since they apparently haven't heard their testimony today or previously? Or are they going to ignore them, since this testimony practically destroys the claims of "loving crowds", "group of vacationing tourists" that Trump and his sycophants in the House want to perpetuate?

You'd think if MTG.Louis and Matt the Pedo were really INTERESTED in what happened on Jan 6, they'd at least LISTEN to the 4 members of the "Blue" they claim to back, as they tell their stories today...

Not all Pubs in the House are too biased to actually listen to the cops who were attacked that day...

So will the McCarthy/ Jim Jordan GOP commission call these officers, since they apparently haven't heard their testimony today or previously? Or are they going to ignore them, since this testimony practically destroys the claims of "loving crowds", "group of vacationing tourists" that Trump and his sycophants in the House want to perpetuate?

You'd think if MTG.Louis and Matt the Pedo were really INTERESTED in what happened on Jan 6, they'd at least LISTEN to the 4 members of the "Blue" they claim to back, as they tell their stories today...

Not all Pubs in the House are too biased to actually listen to the cops who were attacked that day...

Q shaman is about to get a plea deal for mental issues. he's schizo. i trust many of hte people who breached the cap had mental issues.

Not really following this at all.

We have seen 500+ arrests, people telling judges that they thought they were following Trumps orders, seen videos of rioters bashing cops with flagpoles, spraying them with bearspray, using stun guns, and several have been arrested with firearms or bombs.

The truth is already known and the people that ignore the truth are not going to be convinced by showing it to them again.

One of the new books out says the Secret Service tried to spirit Pence away from the Capitol but he wouldn't go. Claimed he wasn't sure if they would isolate him and prevent him from finishing the certification process, presumably under Trump's direction. May be far fetched, but if true it tells you how concerned Pence was about the lengths Trump would go to.
Yeah, far fetched bullshit.

I didn’t realize Pence even had the option to do anything other than what he did. Unless I’m missing your sarcasm.

House Democrats on Monday were finally able to begin the spectacle they have long sought: a pointless and entirely theatrical 'investigation' into events of January Sixth.

They barely even try to offer a pretext that they are seeking to uncover unknown information. The only real question that remains is the one Democrats and their corporate media allies have no interest in interrogating: TO WHAT EXTENT was the FBI imbedded in the groups that planned the protest and how much foreknowledge did the FBI have?

House Democrats on Monday were finally able to begin the spectacle they have long sought: a pointless and entirely theatrical 'investigation' into events of January Sixth.

They barely even try to offer a pretext that they are seeking to uncover unknown information. The only real question that remains is the one Democrats and their corporate media allies have no interest in interrogating: TO WHAT EXTENT was the FBI imbedded in the groups that planned the protest and how much foreknowledge did the FBI have?
What dark web, radical right website did you get this from?

Alleged foreknowledge or imbedding of the FBI is no excuse for racist Trump supporters to attack police, break into the Capitol and threaten Congress.

Let Bunker McCarthy and the Cyber Ninjas investigate your allegations.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

I would say jan 6 is a lot more important than benghazi but i am guessing you were all in favor of getting to the bottom of what happened with benghazi. Moving the goal posts?

Nice copy/paste. Care to provide the source?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT