ADVERTISEMENT

Spike Albrecht to Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I made the point that IU has less flexible standards as PU does. I try to be generally objective particularly when it comes to academics. The state of Indiana is blessed to have the number of top notch academic institutions we do.
Sorry I missed the PU being the same part

@boiler1987 - Care to confirm for me the below? You know I brought it up constantly.

I mentioned the IU schedule as a big reason for my belief they would finish higher than Purdue. You don't think I mentioned it because you weren't paying attention and it doesn't fit your argument. I 100% acknowledged our weak schedule.

Nice try old man, you're wrong again.

Yeah you mentioned that. It really is a shame that the unbalanced schedule plays such a large role in how the standings shake out. We had an easy schedule two years ago and a harder one this year. I hate it honestly.

Reactions: SNU0821
Yeah you mentioned that. It really is a shame that the unbalanced schedule plays such a large role in how the standings shake out. We had an easy schedule two years ago and a harder one this year. I hate it honestly.
Yup. Why not get rid of some of the cupcake teams and play everyone twice? He'll get rid of the B10 Tournament for all I care!

@Poprudy - There you go. Confirmed you are wrong again. Lol.

If coaches don't worry about pressure from the fans or the administration why do some think they have to break the rules to win. Not saying a lot of coaches break the rules but the ones that do it is because they feel the pressure to win.

Another flip by IU Scott

How did flip on this subject because I said one of the reasons it is hard to coach at IU is the pressure from fans. You can say this about any big time program. I said that they might not always feel that pressure but the pressure to win does make it hard to coach at IU.
Which IU coach made that claim, or is that just your guess?

That is in all of college sports and if you don't see how much pressure is on these coaches to win then you don't pay attention to college sports.
So that's just your view of it rather than an opinion offered by any coach?

When did I ever say a coach said this but if you don't think their is pressure in coaching then you just don't pay attention.
I just wanted to see if it was purely your opinion and not based on anything else, which is the case. In what ways have you seen this tremendous pressure that you believe exists?

I just wanted to see if it was purely your opinion and not based on anything else, which is the case. In what ways have you seen this tremendous pressure that you believe exists?
Why do you think the coaches break the rules or let kids in their program that shouldn't be there. It is the pressure to win

Why do you think the coaches break the rules or let kids in their program that shouldn't be there. It is the pressure to win
Coaches tend to be pretty competitive people. The pressure they feel is nearly always self generated. Using that as a reason why coaches break rules makes little sense.

Reactions: tjreese
How did flip on this subject because I said one of the reasons it is hard to coach at IU is the pressure from fans. You can say this about any big time program. I said that they might not always feel that pressure but the pressure to win does make it hard to coach at IU.
You flip on a position constantly to support whichever argument you're currently having.

You just said this:

If coaches don't worry about pressure from the fans or the administration why do some think they have to break the rules to win. Not saying a lot of coaches break the rules but the ones that do it is because they feel the pressure to win.

So pressure from fans matters, huh? Really? But if you're venting on a message board that doesn't count - even though that leads to said fans putting pressure on the administration for a change?

You had this post a couple weeks ago you would never clarify: OT: Kelvin Sampson and Houston agree to extension through 20-21 season

It seems to me you might need to find another team to follow because most IU fans want their coach to do more than just win games.

I followed up with this:

Scott, this right here is what people have issues with you about.

A couple of posts back in a conversation with SnS, you said you called for Crean's head last year because of all the players arrests. Since IU didn't fire Crean, you now continue to back him - despite SnS pointing out 9 months should not have changed your moral compass.

Then, of all things, you tell THIS guy he should find another team to root for "because most IU fans want their coach to do more than just win games". I would assume that since you're ok now with Crean now since IU didn't fire him you're not classified with "most IU fans", right?

So which the hell is it, Scott? Can you - for ONCE - take a stand on an issue and stick with it? Or do you argue a point just for the sake of arguing?

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
Reactions: Shirtsandskins
Did you read the description at the top of the article - or not?

"INDIANA COACH TOM CREAN HAS HEARD THE CRITICS SINCE HE ARRIVED IN BLOOMINGTON, BUT HE'S NOT LISTENING TO THEM"

So Scott, tell us. Is Tom Crean listening - or not?
I guess you can hear the criticism but not listen or worry about it. As for my morals they are the same and if Crean had not taken action to boot some of the bad apples off the team I would not be in his corner.

You have to assume he will be better conditioned. The other question is can he keep out of foul trouble or worse when he swings those elbows. Spike is a nice fit I think. I suspected he would go to PU over IU so he could play more. Makes sense.
actually he doesn't swing his elbows, but he is a magnet for fouls the way it is called today

Yes it does especially when the big donors start being unhappy because that is when the AD and the administrations start listening.

And so the fans who are on here "bitching" aren't a big donor - or friends with the big donors?

A number of past and future defender's necks, heads, and faces disagree.
The officials are on record saying he was a victim of many bad calls. Still, they are fouls called and that was the intent of your post. I don't disagree that he may get in foul trouble. I disagree that many of the calls were accurate

The officials are on record saying he was a victim of many bad calls. Still, they are fouls called and that was the intent of your post. I don't disagree that he may get in foul trouble. I disagree that many of the calls were accurate
What officials are on record saying that? Link? Several players get hit with a number of bad calls. Haas isn't the only one. For example, I thought Bryant was the subject of many bad calls. But we're fans so naturally we're going to think that way.

Coaches tend to be pretty competitive people. The pressure they feel is nearly always self generated. Using that as a reason why coaches break rules makes little sense.
Is it your opinion that you feel the pressure is nearly always self generated??

What officials are on record saying that? Link? Several players get hit with a number of bad calls. Haas isn't the only one. For example, I thought Bryant was the subject of many bad calls. But we're fans so naturally we're going to think that way.
Actually Matt sent a lot of tape to the big officials and they agreed that he received many bad calls. It was in the print, but it serves no purpose for me to spend the time to find it.. THAT was after his freshman year and it wasn't corrected last year. So , you will just have to believe what you wish which is fine with me as it is not important to attempt to convert anyone as it isn't that important.

For the record, while whining about officiating is a time-honored tradition for you guys, that privilege has been suspended for at least two seasons after your MSU win last year.

For the next two seasons, PU may actually lose a game rather than what has traditionally been the case: having it taken from you by officials.

For the record, while whining about officiating is a time-honored tradition for you guys, that privilege has been suspended for at least two seasons after your MSU win last year.

For the next two seasons, PU may actually lose a game rather than what has traditionally been the case: having it taken from you by officials.
Does that also include us after a UW gane?

By "us" you mean who? I assume from your posts you are a PU alum.
Us being IU

I don't do the Pavlov thing every time PU is mentioned..like you and snu

You both are too far gone to rationally discuss anything PU related. I grew up in Ohio, so PU was never my biggest personal rival. It was and will likely always be OSU. PU means very little to me, they usually aren't good enough to get me excited.

I'd much rather beat the really good teams, than beat PU

Last edited:
Us being IU

I don't do the Pavlov thing every time PU is mentioned..like you and snu

You both are too far gone to rationally discuss anything PU related. I grew up in Ohio, so PU was never my biggest personal rival. It was and will likely always be OSU. PU means very little to me, they usually aren't good enough to get me excited.

I'd much rather beat the really good teams, than beat PU

You could not be more wrong. I have been here a very long time and post as objectively as anyone. My "personal" rival is KY. I responded to a dumb comment...I responded appropriately. If you have something to say about a Wisconsin game..Do so.

Keep in mind while doing so that most IU alumni don't whine about officiating to any degree, in part because we understand the game and in part because we understand that the BIG officiating sucks equally for all teams.

You are a newbie, and that is fine, but the posts I have seen of yours don't lead me to believe you are an IU fan or alumni.

Reactions: SNU0821
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT