ADVERTISEMENT

Spicey gives it up, finally

No, you're being a partisan hack yourself. Which you do surprisingly often under the guise of being a smartass. It's starting to look like you really do think all Dems are evil and all Repubs are awesome. Thought you were better than that, but your posting says otherwise.

I can be more fair minded than most on here. Since you're putting me in the right wing nut side of the Republican Party think about this. I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion we need a one payer system for healthcare. In fact after our bank board meeting just adjourned some other right wing nuts like myself talked about the subject and agreed it's probably what's needed.

Have you actually followed how press secretaries have done their jobs over the last 40+ years? I'm not defending Spicer, but administration mouthpieces have historically attempted to shape the messaging of their bosses and, while Spicer may have taken that to a new level, he's hardly unique in his mission or in being accused of lying by the opposition party.
What's unique is the lies coming from the very top , that the press secretary then has to defend.

I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion we need a one payer system for healthcare. In fact after our bank board meeting just adjourned some other right wing nuts like myself talked about the subject and agreed it's probably what's needed.
And how many of you voted for the guy that pledged to trash the ACA, which is an interim step to that end?

And how many of you voted for the guy that pledged to trash the ACA, which is an interim step to that end?

I don't know and I could come to my senses and be against a one payer system tomorrow.

Have you actually followed how press secretaries have done their jobs over the last 40+ years? I'm not defending Spicer, but administration mouthpieces have historically attempted to shape the messaging of their bosses and, while Spicer may have taken that to a new level, he's hardly unique in his mission or in being accused of lying by the opposition party.
You have a point, but
In terms of the number of lies, he has done more than any other in that capacity, probably in history. Yes, I grant that he was just spreading the lies his boss asked him to do.

Single payer looks a lot better as you approach age 65.

Yes it does. I turn 59 in two weeks. My premiums are just killing me. Planned on being retired at 55. Health insurance and two tanks by the stock market altered those plans. To be fair spending habits haven't helped either.

What's unique is the lies coming from the very top , that the press secretary then has to defend.

There's nothing unique about presidents lying. It's now alright to call a lie a lie.
And here's where you partisanship is showing. All politicians of course lie. No politician has ever lied with the audacity and the continuity that Trump does. About the most mundane things. About things that are in tape. About something he said 15 minutes ago. Surely you know the difference.

I can be more fair minded than most on here. Since you're putting me in the right wing nut side of the Republican Party think about this. I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion we need a one payer system for healthcare. In fact after our bank board meeting just adjourned some other right wing nuts like myself talked about the subject and agreed it's probably what's needed.
Forgive me, stoll, I wasn't calling you a right wing nut. What I'm critiquing you for is being hyper-partisan and tribal. Your comment about Lynch and Holder was unnecessary and completely unrelated to anything anyone was talking about. It was a classic "But Obama!" moment. There are a few posters here who are literally incapable of making a point if they can't find some way to squeeze in Obama or Clinton as an example of what not to do. Their schtick is obvious and groan-inducing for everyone, although they seem to be oblivious. Don't be like them, I guess, is the suggestion I'm making.

Sorry I didn't properly explain and made you think I was hitting you with some deeper insult. Not my intention.

Forgive me, stoll, I wasn't calling you a right wing nut. What I'm critiquing you for is being hyper-partisan and tribal. Your comment about Lynch and Holder was unnecessary and completely unrelated to anything anyone was talking about. It was a classic "But Obama!" moment. There are a few posters here who are literally incapable of making a point if they can't find some way to squeeze in Obama or Clinton as an example of what not to do. Their schtick is obvious and groan-inducing for everyone, although they seem to be oblivious. Don't be like them, I guess, is the suggestion I'm making.

Sorry I didn't properly explain and made you think I was hitting you with some deeper insult. Not my intention.

I will take your advice and try to do better. It is awfully hard at times not to say "but why didn't you care when your side did the same thing?"

I will take your advice and try to do better. It is awfully hard at times not to say "but why didn't you care when your side did the same thing?"
Because our side didn't do the same thing. Can you recall any politician that lies with the audacity that Trump does? When people say President Obama lied too, what they always come up with is the you can keep your own doctor. It's not a lie if you think something is true and it turned out not to be down the road. ( And I got to keep my Dr). I'm sure President Obama did lie occasionally, as I've said, everyone, not just politicians , lie. But he certainly didn't do it as a habit. Nor did George Bush, or W, or anyone I can think of.

Let us all know when Trump/his admin including Sec of State lies after Americans/service members are killed. Partisanship being called out on this board is the height of hypocrisy. Sure Trump has lied just as every politician seems to think is the new norm. Don't put on the act like it is something Trump invented. I wish this board was just half as offended by the last admins lies and deflections as you seem to all of a sudden be with PDT.

Let us all know when Trump/his admin including Sec of State lies after Americans/service members are killed. Partisanship being called out on this board is the height of hypocrisy. Sure Trump has lied just as every politician seems to think is the new norm. Don't put on the act like it is something Trump invented. I wish this board was just half as offended by the last admins lies and deflections as you seem to all of a sudden be with PDT.

You're beyond Hope brother.

Trump's level of pathological lying is completely unprecedented. He lies so much that it's literally hard to keep up and call all of it out.

Surely you jest with your comment?

It's amazing how Trump folks will justify everything by creating really poor false equivalencies.

That's an issue worth discussing, but I'm going to politely avoid it for now. I'm sure zeke can defend herself on that particular point. Maybe in another thread in the future, though. Cheers.

Enjoy your evening. Hopefully it includes a few cold ones.

Scaramucci's only other qualification for the media job besides looking like an extra on The Wolf of Wall Street is his connection with Russia:

The Russian Club.

Not sure what you are talking about, I assume BENGHAZI, which has been investigated throughly. However, I'd say the very first time Donnie's had a military intervention, in Yemen, he lied about it. Forget that one already? Of course he did, as he lies about every single thing, big and small. It's what he does. Again with the everyone else does it. What happened to the party of family values and so called Patriots? Now you support a corrupt serial liar and collusion with Russia is suddenly no big deal. It's shameful and embarrassing to all Americans.

Back to the topic at hand, I always imagined Spicer's last day would resemble this.

Revenge is best served...

writing.jpg

I never said he is unique. I implied, and stand by it, that he spinned and lied more than anybody in his position. To his credit(?), he did not have much choice with a pathological liar as his boss.

He cant be serious....

Must be 1st-day initiation prank. Spicey had to humiliate himself over crowd size; now this?

And btw, Trump was busy golfing over the weekend.

He cant be serious....

Must be 1st-day initiation prank. Spicey had to humiliate himself over crowd size; now this?

And btw, Trump was busy golfing over the weekend.
So looks like he is going to follow the lead from his boss and push his agenda through stupid tweets. Awesome.

He later sent a bizarre tweet saying 'let’s send a message to Hollywood that those of us who stand for Christ won’t be discounted

I saw that and considered it for the Liberty thread. It is a terrible use of religion to use it to advance in a stupid dancing show.

Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT