ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking as a pedant . . .

Rockfish1

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001
It offends me when posters use the word "butthurt" inappropriately. It has a very specific meaning:

An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the "aggressor."
It references someone who lacks the emotional sturdiness to post on the internet because they feel spanked by posts that cause them to feel emasculated. This has entirely to do with insecurity, inadequacy, and the resulting resentment and grievance that contrary views produce in the emotionally insecure.

Please try to use this internet meme correctly.

It offends me when posters use the word "butthurt" inappropriately. It has a very specific meaning:

An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the "aggressor."
It references someone who lacks the emotional sturdiness to post on the internet because they feel spanked by posts that cause them to feel emasculated. This has entirely to do with insecurity, inadequacy, and the resulting resentment and grievance that contrary views produce in the emotionally insecure.

"Butthurt" is overrated.

Oh bite me, aquaboy

Now I know why so many of you are divorced: no sense of humor and you take yourselves waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Sad.
Um, Vegas? I didn't say a single word about you. You recognized that the shoe fit all by yourself. It isn't my fault you put it on.

Toughen up, buttercup.
No, man, I'm plenty tough. That isn't it at all. Like pretty much everyone here, though, I'm tired of your bullshit, even though you've pretty much never aimed it at me. Your posts just routinely suck, and I'd like to see less of that. If you won't do better, then you should add by subtraction. But it's not with no reason that every thread you dive into turns into shit.If you don't recognized that, then you're the problem.

This is stimulating but back to the point. "Lacking the emotional sturdiness to post on the internet". Reminds me of an old work, "Future Shock" one of the points of the work was that information in the future would become overwhelming. If you lack a filter then you are blowing in the breeze.

Ass wounded, does that pass muster?

No, man, I'm plenty tough. That isn't it at all. Like pretty much everyone here, though, I'm tired of your bullshit, even though you've pretty much never aimed it at me. Your posts just routinely suck, and I'd like to see less of that. If you won't do better, then you should add by subtraction. But it's not with no reason that every thread you dive into turns into shit.If you don't recognized that, then you're the problem.

1) Hopefully you'll get some Tylenol for your posterior pain.

2) They usually "turn to shit" because your BFF's personally attack me first and, of course, you give them a free pass for it. In fact, anybody that ever complains about them doing that, you accuse them of being "butt hurt" instead of ripping them for it.

Go figure.

When I first heard about the shootings in Vegas the first thought that I had was Laughman finally completely lost it. (I knew he lived there the last time I knew):)

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

So you are butthurt over the use of butthurt? Now there is a great picture of irony.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT