ADVERTISEMENT

Space Force: The Next Generation

Where did I say I was in opposition? I asked a question....what your son is doing isn't connected to Trump's Space Force is it? Since it was obviously already in action.

Uh, yes. He's a five year old. Someone give him a freaking sticker and some Cheetos .

We heard the same objections when the Air Force was part of the Army and when the military was trying to do space missions before NASA. EVERYTHING we do in everyday life depends on a our safe and secure space assets. As you read this post it bounced to and from a satellite. Our money transfers, the electric grid, the information clouds, even our farm production requires safe and secure space. If you think this is about using space to station weapons and troops, you are mistaken. It’s about protecting commerce and everyday life from attack. Space is more important today than the oceans were when TJ sent the navy to Tripoli.

The space force is all about technology and putting it under a single entity for development and application. It’s overdue. We are probably already behind the Chinese.

This proposal has been around for several years. It used to have broad bi-partisan support until the RESIST! movement came along. It’s no surprise to me that some in the the military oppose it.

I wish you were Ladoga, I would love to point out that Space Force is unconstitutional.

I have no idea if we need it, I would have to hear the military on the subject. Over the years there has been many instances of services not playing well together. Will a separate Space Force increase this problem? Does any advantages it brings our way that disadvantage? What are the advantages? What extra cost is there, there is bound to be some duplication with other services.

Did you have a point to make there, or just quoting me for fun?

"Where did I say I was in opposition?"

"He's a five year old. Someone give him a freaking sticker and some Cheetos ."

This is opposition.
Um no. It’s not. It’s a sarcastic remark about the Toddler in Chief tweeting about how “cool” it is and having a contest for logos. As I clearly said, I don’t know that much about it. In the reading I’ve done since then, it appears many think it’s unnecessary and mainly already covered under the Air Force.

It doesn't matter if we need it. Trump says it's a good idea, so suddenly, CO. thinks it's a good idea. Dude stopped thinking for himself nearly two years ago.
Next he'll want to separate the Navy into air, surface and submarine forces. A flying over water force, an on water force and an underwater force.

It's dumb. We already had a space force, it's called the USAF. There is no glaring tactical or strategic need to separate them. I truly believe Trump's real intent is only to feed his ego.

fwiw - COH has no clue - this isn't the same as 1945. The Air Force was separated for a reason, it was originally intended to be used for tactical operations as support for ground troops, like in WW1, but as more and more operations in WW2 were done on a strategic level and the years after their role in strategic warfare was expected to expand it became necessary to separate them as their main emphasis was elsewhere.. Which then caused 60 years of logistical and command chain issues during operations which wasn't actually sorted out until the 2000's. There's no need for a separate force, it only adds to the cluster fk..

We can only hope that when they issue uniforms, Trump is given a red shirt..

Last edited:
"Where did I say I was in opposition?"

"He's a five year old. Someone give him a freaking sticker and some Cheetos ."

This is opposition.
No, that is a fact based on the orange one's mindset, not so much chronologically tho

the great thing about space military is that it can only be controlled remotely, and it's literally impossible for anything being controlled remotely to ever be hacked.

just ask Ian Fleming or hundred other authors who firmly grasped the literal impossibility of space military to ever be hacked remotely taken over by the bad guys.

btw, who makes the chips going into these things, where are they made, and who owns large shares of stock in the companies that will manufacture all the components? .

the great thing about space military is that it can only be controlled remotely, and it's literally impossible for anything being controlled remotely to ever be hacked.

just ask Ian Fleming or hundred other authors who firmly grasped the literal impossibility of space military to ever be hacked remotely taken over by the bad guys.

btw, who makes the chips going into these things, where are they made, and who owns large shares of stock in the companies that will manufacture all the components? .
lol .............

So you gained your expertise on military space operations from James Bond movies.

lol .............

So you gained your expertise on military space operations from James Bond movies.

i went right to experts.

don't blame me if the fiction writers saw the lunacy and blatantly obviously downside in this, long before Trump or the "complex" figures it out.

as long as we weaponize space, no one else needs to.

probably a lot easier to just hack our space arsenal, than get one of your own up there.

let me know when computers and networks become hack proof, and all software and chips are made in the US by nothing but bribe proof and extortion proof individuals who all work for entities with zero foreign ownership stake..

Last edited:

lol.gif
lol.gif

Reactions: Capitol Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT