ADVERTISEMENT

Space Force: The Next Generation

He's a five year old. Someone give him a freaking sticker and some Cheetos .

Make all the fun you want but this is a very big deal. My son is one of the first 500 enlisted admitted to the Space Operations in the Air Force. Top Secret shit and affects us all.

Make all the fun you want but this is a very big deal. My son is one of the first 500 enlisted admitted to the Space Operations in the Air Force. Top Secret shit and affects us all.
What does that have to do with Trump's Space Force? Surely that program was already in the works and not part of Trump's announcement today. Not sure with everything going on right now, that's the best use of 12 billion dollars, but admittedly don't know much about it yet.

What does that have to do with Trump's Space Force? Surely that program was already in the works and not part of Trump's announcement today. Not sure with everything going on right now, that's the best use of 12 billion dollars, but admittedly don't know much about it yet.
So you admit you don't know shit but you are in opposition.

So you admit you don't know shit but you are in opposition.
Where did I say I was in opposition? I asked a question....what your son is doing isn't connected to Trump's Space Force is it? Since it was obviously already in action.

Where did I say I was in opposition? I asked a question....what your son is doing isn't connected to Trump's Space Force is it? Since it was obviously already in action.
Yes it is a huge emphasis in the Air Force. It seems satellites run the entire show.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Yes it is a huge emphasis in the Air Force. It seems satellites run the entire show.
The truth is that Trump saw a Star Wars movie. Like any 16 year old or, a man of 16 year old mental capacity, he was mesmerized. Now, he wants to recreate what he saw in the movie.

You can't blame him, except that he wants to use our money to fulfill his fantasy.

The truth is that Trump saw a Star Wars movie. Like any 16 year old or, a man of 16 year old mental capacity, he was mesmerized. Now, he wants to recreate what he saw in the movie.

You can't blame him, except that he wants to use our money to fulfill his fantasy.
That is not political debate.

I think he heard the word "alien" and thought of the last book he actually read.
0.jpg

Next comes the adverts:

Space Force: Where no man (ie. Trump) has gone before, really!!
It's a crazy idea. We have a space command already and Air Force is responsible for the space domain. We shouldn't be growing the military with another service. Mattis is not hot on the idea and I doubt congress will authorize it so I think it will ultimately be more Trump crazy talk.

It's a crazy idea. We have a space command already and Air Force is responsible for the space domain. We shouldn't be growing the military with another service. Mattis is not hot on the idea and I doubt congress will authorize it so I think it will ultimately be more Trump crazy talk.

But according to Rock, it has some intrinsic value.

We heard the same objections when the Air Force was part of the Army and when the military was trying to do space missions before NASA. EVERYTHING we do in everyday life depends on a our safe and secure space assets. As you read this post it bounced to and from a satellite. Our money transfers, the electric grid, the information clouds, even our farm production requires safe and secure space. If you think this is about using space to station weapons and troops, you are mistaken. It’s about protecting commerce and everyday life from attack. Space is more important today than the oceans were when TJ sent the navy to Tripoli.

The space force is all about technology and putting it under a single entity for development and application. It’s overdue. We are probably already behind the Chinese.

This proposal has been around for several years. It used to have broad bi-partisan support until the RESIST! movement came along. It’s no surprise to me that some in the the military oppose it.

"We heard the same objections when..."

Spoken like a true progressive!

“Progressive” and “conservative” are not mutually exclusive. At least not in the traditional sense.

Liberials have taken to calling themselves progressive because liberal doesn’t sell.

“Progressive” and “conservative” are not mutually exclusive. At least not in the traditional sense.

Liberials have taken to calling themselves progressive because liberal doesn’t sell.
Well, before that we had to change it to "liberal" because "hippy" didn't poll well. Speaking of... I've been hesitant to say anything, because it MIGHT just be coincidence, but your game seems to have lost a step or two since they legalized pot in Colorado.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Well, before that we had to change it to "liberal" because "hippy" didn't poll well. Speaking of... I've been hesitant to say anything, because it MIGHT just be coincidence, but your game seems to have lost a step or two since they legalized pot in Colorado.

Probably because Colorado has a proliferation of quality micro-brewers.

If it is already in the works, that must have been initiated during Obama administration or Bush, or even Clinton. I don't remember you hallelujahing Obama, Bush, or Clinton!

ADVERTISEMENT