ADVERTISEMENT

South Dakota's AG is farked

Most of the roads in hillbilly land aren’t paved so you’re going slow enough to avoid them.
The deer know that, and factor it into their decisions whether to cross the road.

[on edit]: Is it rutting season there yet? We're just shy of getting to it down here, by about a month . . . some of the does are already starting to be more skittish when we see them on our hikes . . . and there's been a little buck trying to hang with a solo doe back in the woods.

There are a lot more deer run into - I can't say run over, as deer can be a fairly solid hit when a car runs into them - during the rut than other times of the year.

Last edited:
The deer know that, and factor it into their decisions whether to cross the road.
I always wonder how they know to cross at the sign?

61tV87-7pzL._AC_SL1260_.jpg

Reactions: mcmurtry66
"Mangan also said he couldn't share the following information because it's part of an ongoing investigation:
  • When and how Ravnsborg contacted the Hyde County Sheriff's Office to report hitting the deer;
  • Whether Ravnsborg got out of the car after the crash to look for the deer and any damage to his car;
  • If local law enforcement arrived to look for the deer on Saturday night;
  • Whether Ravnsborg was driving a personal or state-owned vehicle;
  • If Ravnsborg made it home to Pierre on Saturday night or had to leave his car somewhere and get a ride;
  • Where and when on Sunday morning the victim was found, and by whom;
  • Whether law enforcement found any parts of Ravnsborg's car on the road;
  • If Ravnsborg has already been tested for drugs and alcohol, and if so when".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

not mentioned, is did the victim die instantly beyond question, or is it possible he survived the initial hit.
A Graduate of The Ted Kennedy School of Accident Reporting.

I was trying hillbilly speak. I substituted dem for them. I must have gotten in wrong. Lol. I am going to get my hillbilly speak book and do some readin and learnin.
Before you speak Hillbilly, don't you have to give warning by saying something like, "Hey Y'all Listen to This", followed by directions to your place - "Take the paved road to the T Intersection and take a left onto the Gravel Road, follow the Road until you see the Cow standing next to the Fence......."

Reactions: stollcpa
Before you speak Hillbilly, don't you have to give warning by saying something like, "Hey Y'all Listen to This", followed by directions to your place - "Take the paved road to the T Intersection and take a left onto the Gravel Road, follow the Road until you see the Cow standing next to the Fence......."

Good point.

[on edit]: Is it rutting season there yet? We're just shy of getting to it down here, by about a month . . . some of the does are already starting to be more skittish when we see them on our hikes . . . and there's been a little buck trying to hang with a solo doe back in the woods.

There are a lot more deer run into - I can't say run over, as deer can be a fairly solid hit when a car runs into them - during the rut than other times of the year.

I am not sure but rutting season is usually around harvest time. I’ve noticed farmers harvesting corn the last few days so it’s probably started.

Reactions: Sope Creek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT