ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry, Purdue related...Haas done for the year...

And with this particular player, that is a legitimate question,
Hass almost ripped a CSF player's jersey off in the 1st half. On the play he got injured, Hass shoved the guy he was trying to block out with his right arm and elbowed the guy in the face with his left arm. If Haas would have just went after the ball instead of elbowing the guy in the face, I doubt he gets injured. Haas isn't the saint some people make him out to be. It is a shame he got injured, but don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Reactions: 76-1 and eddy4iu
Hass almost ripped a CSF player's jersey off in the 1st half. On the play he got injured, Hass shoved the guy he was trying to block out with his right arm and elbowed the guy in the face with his left arm. Haas isn't the saint some people make him out to be. It is a shame he got injured, but don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Oh you mean he almost ripped the jersey off as he was falling to the ground after being pushed? The guy was pushing Haas on the play he got hurt. Did you actually watch the game?

Haas gets the raw end of the deal a lot because he’s bigger than people. That’s not his fault. The officiating is never consistent with him.

Oh you mean he almost ripped the jersey off as he was falling to the ground after being pushed? The guy was pushing Haas on the play he got hurt. Did you actually watch the game?

Haas gets the raw end of the deal a lot because he’s bigger than people. That’s not his fault. The officiating is never consistent with him.

Just stop. The kid dishes it out every bit as much as he gets it.

Reactions: eddy4iu

Being big works both ways. Bigger people are more prone to hurt others, intentional or not, and I've seen Haas do both.

Referees also go both ways. The refs have cut Haas plenty of slack for being bigger than others.

The CSF player was removing Hass' arm from his head area, and Hass fell straight back pursuing the ball with his right arm. If the CSF player was really pushing Haas, Haas would have went sideways.

Last edited:

Haas plays rough. Stop denying it. We’ll see how he does in the NBA, but for now stop denying that he plays rough.

Of course you’d say that. You’re not biased or anything. Take a look at Doyel’s column if you haven’t already.
I like Haas and I feel bad for the kid. I also have no bias here. I watched the play several times and there was nothing dirty. More and more the NCAA allows what has been allowed for years in the NBA and that is guys holding an opponent with one arm while trying to rebound with the other. Both Haas and the CSF kid were trying to do that on that play. They got tangled up and Haas fell awkwardly, unfortunately. Nothing dirty, nobody's fault, just an unfortunate accident.

And just for clarity, Doyel is a hack and a d-bag. When it comes to writing skill he couldn't carry the tablet and extra pencil for Kravitz or Bill Benner. And though I frequently vehemently disagreed with what those guys wrote, they had talent as wordsmiths. Doyel is the perfect embodiment of the amateur rag the Indianapolis Star has become.

Just stop. The kid dishes it out every bit as much as he gets it.
Not really. With his size and strength, don't you think he'd be able to clear people away a lot easier than he does? He isn't trying to bang people. He can't help it with his size, but he's not fouling. They have to mug him constantly just to compete. Unbelievable...

Not really. With his size and strength, don't you think he'd be able to clear people away a lot easier than he does? He isn't trying to bang people. He can't help it with his size, but he's not fouling. They have to mug him constantly just to compete. Unbelievable...

Whatever you guys need to think is fine with me.

Whatever you guys need to think is fine with me.
If Haas wanted to, he could power dribble, step and dunk every time vs most opponents. But he doesn't. He uses a hook, fades, etc. I'm not so oblivious to try and say he never bangs, but stop acting like he just punishes people on the regular. Most of the time if he's banging it's because people are trying to push him away from his spot. They bring the contact.

Then why doesn't he?
He doesn't have that killer instinct/personality. Biggie tied to get him to do more, and in fact they spoke on the phone and Haas played much tougher the first half of the season or more. Then I think he just got tired of people being so physical with him that he backed off.

lol....did nobody watch Purdue play that last 6 weeks? They weren't sniffing a title, with or without Haas.

lol....did nobody watch Purdue play that last 6 weeks? They weren't sniffing a title, with or without Haas.

I’m guessing you haven’t been watching the tournament? Plenty of teams that people had picked to win it are already gone. Look at how Virginia played the last 6 weeks. How’d that work out for them?

I’m guessing you haven’t been watching the tournament? Plenty of teams that people had picked to win it are already gone. Look at how Virginia played the last 6 weeks. How’d that work out for them?

Irrelevant, but Virginia wasn't good enough to win the title either, just like Purdue. Personally, I had Virginia losing in the Sweet Sixteen, Purdue in the Elite 8.....prior to Hass' injury. I think probably they still will make the Elite 8....not like Texas Tech is some standout team. This is not an excellent Purdue team, merely "good". The best thing this year's squad had going for it was college basketball as a whole was incredibly weak.....as weak as it's ever been; I felt Purdue's experience might benefit them in that context......until they ran up against a team with superior talent.

Irrelevant, but Virginia wasn't good enough to win the title either, just like Purdue. Personally, I had Virginia losing in the Sweet Sixteen, Purdue in the Elite 8.....prior to Hass' injury. I think probably they still will make the Elite 8....not like Texas Tech is some standout team. This is not an excellent Purdue team, merely "good". The best thing this year's squad had going for it was college basketball as a whole was incredibly weak.....as weak as it's ever been; I felt Purdue's experience might benefit them in that context......until they ran up against a team with superior talent.

So your saying that IU might take a lot longer to be good again, because if the current teams all suck, where does that put IU basketball!!!!

So your saying that IU might take a lot longer to be good again, because if the current teams all suck, where does that put IU basketball!!!!

Should've already been obvious where IU basketball is, when they couldn't stay within 20 at home against Indiana State and IPFW, and lost to garbage teams like Illinois, Wisconsin and Rutgers. But yeah, it really magnifies how poor the 2017-2018 Indiana Hoosiers were, sporting 16-15 record within the subpar product that is modern day college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT