ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry, Purdue related...Haas done for the year...

Hoosier Manic

All-Big Ten
Sep 1, 2001
Huge blow to the Boilermakers...I thought this could be their year...will be a lot tougher without Haas now...

I dunno. This could be one of those motivating events that cause a team to really focus and come together. They still have the other big Matt Haarms.

****. One of my winners. I am also rooting for them. Saw the play. The CSF player was dirty and should have been T’ed up. The consolidation is that Haarms is not a big drop off from Haas.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Huge blow to the Boilermakers...I thought this could be their year...will be a lot tougher without Haas now...
Oh hell — no need to apologize for that post. I’d prefer Purdue would get eliminated while at full strength but whatever.

Did he break his elbow while connecting with an opponent’s face again or some other way? (Couldn’t find a video.)

Oh hell — no need to apologize for that post. I’d prefer Purdue would get eliminated while at full strength but whatever.

Did he break his elbow while connecting with an opponent’s face again or some other way? (Couldn’t find a video.)

No it was being pulled to the ground on a dirty play.

Reactions: ytzid and asindc

He was setting a moving screen.

Reactions: largemouth
Also Henderson when it always seem like we had to play Kansas in tournament

Or Coverdale spraining his ankle in the 2002 tourney and Tim Garl having to duct tape it together.

****. One of my winners. I am also rooting for them. Saw the play. The CSF player was dirty and should have been T’ed up. The consolidation is that Haarms is not a big drop off from Haas.

It’s a pretty big drop-off at least on offense. Haas draws so many fouls and just impacts the game so much on offense. Haarms isn’t close to that.

Reactions: ulrey
Ouch, feel for the kid. I know they are a "rival", but couldn't hate their team this year. Not much of a chance without him drawing that attention in the middle. Who would even be the backup center now? I think it does help them defensively, though (other than depth and drawing fouls). Tough break for them...

No it was being pulled to the ground on a dirty play.

I feel badly for Issac and his teammates. He seems like a good kid. He has a future in the game.

It wasn't a dirty play I saw it three times as the news broke. He fell backward as he pulled in the rebound, nothing more.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
I feel badly for Issac and his teammates. He seems like a good kid. He has a future in the game.

It wasn't a dirty play I saw it three times as the news broke. He fell backward as he pulled in the rebound, nothing more.

Actually, I thought the play was dirty in real time and after seeing the replay.

Ouch, feel for the kid. I know they are a "rival", but couldn't hate their team this year. Not much of a chance without him drawing that attention in the middle. Who would even be the backup center now? I think it does help them defensively, though (other than depth and drawing fouls). Tough break for them...
Often hurt Jaquil Taylor will be the backup. Hasn't played much this year. Should contribute defensively.

Reactions: ytzid

Of course you didn’t think it was dirty play. If it was Haas that did it to the other guy, you’d be claiming it was dirty.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
I feel bad for the kid, not so much for Purdoo.
It gives them an excuse. Now we will have to hear how they would have won a championship this year if not for the loss of Haas.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
It gives them an excuse. Now we will have to hear how they would have won a championship this year if not for the loss of Haas.

Classy. I don’t think we were a championship team. Elite 8 probably.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Aren’t you the fan base that has a book called “missing banners” where all that is discussed is how you “almost” won a national championship? Just curious.

It's tough. Not a Purdue fan but these guys earned the right to go as far as they could. I never wish an injury on any team.
Yep. It’s a tough one. But, it’s only sports. Will make these kids tougher when they get into the real world. I just wish it wasn’t Haas, as he has done so much good for the University and more importantly, his sister. Great young man.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Classy. I don’t think we were a championship team. Elite 8 probably.
Probably, lol. Painter has never done that before.

If PU didn't have bad luck in the NCAA's, they would have none at all. I don't think they would have made it past the Sweet 16 with Haas, though.

Reported what?
giphy.gif

vbg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT