ADVERTISEMENT

Sometimes it only takes one good golf shot to provide you with momentum.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
I had four pars on the front nine Saturday morning and shot a +8 44 because I also had some bad holes. Unfortunately, the second nine looked like it was going to ruin my round. I was +7 after three holes on the back nine and then hit my tee shot into the hazard short of the green on No. 13 (4 North).

Just when I almost had given up on finding it, I found my ball in the high weeds barely over the creek. I hit my second shot out of weeds and mud on the par 3 and it went about five feet, leaving me a 40-foot chip for par. Fortunately, I holed out the chip for an all-world par and laughed so hard I almost wet my pants.

I then parred the next two holes, bogeyed the 16th hole and got a par on the 17th hole after blasting out of the bunker and making an 8-foot putt. Still concerned about breaking 90 for 18 holes, I proceeded to hit a great drive and second shot to leave me a 60-yard shot out of the second cut on the par 5 18th hole. Fortunately, I put my third shot on the green. Unfortunately, I three-putted and wound up with an 89 for my round.

Even though I three-putted on the last hole, my putting is much better than it was last year. The reason is I am initiating my putting stroke with my left arm. I'm also focusing on keeping my head still. As a result, I make more long putts and I am having considerably less three-putt holes.

By the way, I now am just working on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I will be 68 a month from today. Last week was my first week to be working part-time and I played golf on Monday and Friday. Wednesday was a rainy day, so I didn't play on that day. Hopefully, I will get myself into considerably better physical condition and I also will improve my golf game. This is my first four-day weekend and I absolutely love it! Hopefully, we won't get rained out of golf Monday morning.

I had four pars on the front nine Saturday morning and shot a +8 44 because I also had some bad holes. Unfortunately, the second nine looked like it was going to ruin my round. I was +7 after three holes on the back nine and then hit my tee shot into the hazard short of the green on No. 13 (4 North).

Just when I almost had given up on finding it, I found my ball in the high weeds barely over the creek. I hit my second shot out of weeds and mud on the par 3 and it went about five feet, leaving me a 40-foot chip for par. Fortunately, I holed out the chip for an all-world par and laughed so hard I almost wet my pants.

I then parred the next two holes, bogeyed the 16th hole and got a par on the 17th hole after blasting out of the bunker and making an 8-foot putt. Still concerned about breaking 90 for 18 holes, I proceeded to hit a great drive and second shot to leave me a 60-yard shot out of the second cut on the par 5 18th hole. Fortunately, I put my third shot on the green. Unfortunately, I three-putted and wound up with an 89 for my round.

Even though I three-putted on the last hole, my putting is much better than it was last year. The reason is I am initiating my putting stroke with my left arm. I'm also focusing on keeping my head still. As a result, I make more long putts and I am having considerably less three-putt holes.

By the way, I now am just working on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I will be 68 a month from today. Last week was my first week to be working part-time and I played golf on Monday and Friday. Wednesday was a rainy day, so I didn't play on that day. Hopefully, I will get myself into considerably better physical condition and I also will improve my golf game. This is my first four-day weekend and I absolutely love it! Hopefully, we won't get rained out of golf Monday morning.
Glad you are working less and golfing more.

Reactions: BHAII
Too many words.

Think he meant this:

UQysQrKkFPp6OmmM42PxsP3_CnGK4S-gHJQeKaEodFVsHczhBGg8DWmX0S_WD_L6jEiGEVqrtpOaPA=s935-nd

What will your excuse for sucking at golf be now that you're semi-retired?

I hope my game improves now that I am able to play 18 holes four days a week. However, we are getting rained out too often right now. Monday, I played 18 holes. It was a pitiful 18, though, because it was tough to hold onto the grips of your clubs. My clothes probably weighed 10 pounds afterward because they were totally saturated. It also sounds like I won't be able to play golf Wednesday because it is supposed to rain all day. Hopefully, I will get to play Friday, Saturday and Monday.

Too many words.
We’ll then, I suggest you just stop reading when verbosity overwhelms your mental state such that anxiousness rears it’s ugly little head, much like the morning trouser mouse when all you really wanted to do is take a good, long piss.

We’ll then, I suggest you just stop reading when verbosity overwhelms your mental state such that anxiousness rears it’s ugly little head, much like the morning trouser mouse when all you really wanted to do is take a good, long piss.
It’s like you’re here with me, holding my hand.

ADVERTISEMENT