ADVERTISEMENT

Something to keep in mind with Mike Penix

PSU has knocked our receiver out of the game the last 2 games. With no targeting call.

I hope Allen brings that to the B1G's attention.

Pretty sure the one that knocked our WR out ended up being called targeting but they missed not one, but two, inflicted on Stevie Scott... # 13, the same guy that hit Whop last year was involved in one of those, I'm not certain of the other I'll have to watch it again (maybe Thursday night) and check...

TA should let them know that cant be tolerated... I mean the Big Ten wants to pretend that they're worried about the players health and then let their favorites attempt to induce head injuries with possible long term consequences... !!! That's BS!!!

We all know Penix is a southpaw. What’s mind boggling to me about that final 2-pt conversion is that he did it all—-launch, stretch out horizontally, reach for the goal line, take a solid hit in mid flight and control the ball through it all—-with his off hand. Incredible!!!
I noticed that, too. If he'd have used his left hand, I think he'd have made it with that angle.

Reactions: Tokyo Steve
Pretty sure the one that knocked our WR out ended up being called targeting but they missed not one, but two, inflicted on Stevie Scott... # 13, the same guy that hit Whop last year was involved in one of those, I'm not certain of the other I'll have to watch it again (maybe Thursday night) and check...

TA should let them know that cant be tolerated... I mean the Big Ten wants to pretend that they're worried about the players health and then let their favorites attempt to induce head injuries with possible long term consequences... !!! That's BS!!!
To me, it's pretty obvious that's how they're taught to play.

Nebraska was the same last year.

You're right about targeting being called on the hit on Marshall. I was thinking of the hit on Scott that wasn't called.

To me, it's pretty obvious that's how they're taught to play.

Nebraska was the same last year.

You're right about targeting being called on the hit on Marshall. I was thinking of the hit on Scott that wasn't called.

Exactly... It's clear that P$U's D.C. is going for the old fashioned intimidation routine...

I suppose if they aren't going to call targeting on them it's a smart move...

Nebraska is going that route again this year but the league was never going to let them get away with it against "the" o$u..., so they were called on every one of them...

That's one that should be called against everyone, irrespective of their "name"..., all of the time, in my opinion...

Reactions: DANC
We all know Penix is a southpaw. What’s mind boggling to me about that final 2-pt conversion is that he did it all—-launch, stretch out horizontally, reach for the goal line, take a solid hit in mid flight and control the ball through it all—-with his off hand. Incredible!!!

I agree. What really jumped out to me is he switched the ball from his left to right hand just before his leap. Wow!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT