ADVERTISEMENT

Something is seriously wrong with IU Men's Basketball....

The KU and UNC games are looking more and more like aberrations. These two games made players, coaches and fans think IU is better than they really are. I love his spirit, but Bryant is not a particularly good finisher when contested. Opposing teams should game plan it to shut down Robert Johnson and take their chances on James Blackmon, Jr. IU is average at point guard...nothing more.

Reactions: palos6637
The KU and UNC games are looking more and more like aberrations. These two games made players, coaches and fans think IU is better than they really are. I love his spirit, but Bryant is not a particularly good finisher when contested. Opposing teams should game plan it to shut down Robert Johnson and take their chances on James Blackmon, Jr. IU is average at point guard...nothing more.

Louisville will make most players not good at finishing with their length. Lets judge him at end of the season and not based upon one game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Lundegaard
Louisville will make most players not good at finishing with their length. Lets judge him at end of the season and based upon one game.
Against a team like Louisville, I wonder if a screen offense would be better at getting shooters open than the dribble-drive-kick-it-out-to-the-three-point- line offense.

Against a team like Louisville, I wonder if a screen offense would be better at getting shooters open than the dribble-drive-kick-it-out-to-the-three-point- line offense.
We had a ton of open looks even in the paint. Thomas missed at least 3 layups

Those two games our team was prepared by the assistant coaches!
Then Crean takes over and you see what's happening

There is something wrong with IU basketball. This:

tim-crean.jpg

We had a ton of open looks even in the paint. Thomas missed at least 3 layups
I was running late getting to Washington today to watch the game with my Dad. Spent too much time at Gattis in Martinsville with the kids and wife. Anyways I get to my Dad's room and asked him how they are doing and he says, "They can't hit anything". UL will do that to you unless you have a plan to get more open so the quality of your shots are better.

If IU had hired Pitino, IU wild have won today.

We did not make his final two, because he chose between Louisville and Michigan. Pinto's wife would have never moved to Bloomington, since it is not a big enough city.

Don't think I can remember our players missing that many wide open shots before. I'm sure it's happened. Really disappointed at the 50-44 mark...coming out of timeout and we have 2 straight turnovers...which is funny considering we only had like 3-4 turnovers the entire 2nd half I think.

No PG, No Hartman....and no real leadership from any of our players. Something needs to be fixed quickly.

Reactions: cryano
Don't think I can remember our players missing that many wide open shots before. I'm sure it's happened. Really disappointed at the 50-44 mark...coming out of timeout and we have 2 straight turnovers...which is funny considering we only had like 3-4 turnovers the entire 2nd half I think.

No PG, No Hartman....and no real leadership from any of our players. Something needs to be fixed quickly.
Seemed like twice in second half we made a run and had some momentum going - once Pitino wisely called a timeout - the other was at one of the minute timeouts...and the breaks were so long that the team did not pick it back up after the timeout. Had it been in Assembly Hall, the band, the flags, the student section wouldve kept the crowd engaged and helped energize the team.

Not making an excuse for yesterday, but more of an observation of
an advantage Assembly Hall provides over a neutral court.

There are no quick fixes when the leadership of the program is so deficient. This situation has been 8+ years in the making. Some people have seen this "evolve", but many have been oblivious to it. And if IU happens to beat Wisconsin, they'll pronounce all is well.

Knowledgable fan base? If you're a Crean backer, you don't qualify.

We did not make his final two, because he chose between Louisville and Michigan. Pinto's wife would have never moved to Bloomington, since it is not a big enough city.

He was being wined & dined after RMK got fired, Davis was made the head coach permanently before Pitino got down to any list of finalists.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
He was being wined & dined after RMK got fired, Davis was made the head coach permanently before Pitino got down to any list of finalists.

Was his wife being wined and dined as well, because she was the major factor why he did not come.

Was his wife being wined and dined as well, because she was the major factor why he did not come.

IU never considered Pitino. He contacted IU because he was wanting to get back to college basketball and Davis had the "interm" tag.

There was no search and no interviews. The job was given to Davis.

It had absolutely nothing to do with Pitino's wife.

Can we use the Neb game to judge ???

Hell no. You do realize that the students were on break for that game. It doesn't count. And the FW and Butler games were both road games even though 75% of the crowd was pro-IU and we weren't playing on our opponents home court. At least this is what the Creaniacs on the other site are telling me.

Pitino contacted IU.

According to a very in the know poster on the other site, Pitino was indeed willing to take the job but his price at the time was too high for the IU big whigs. He in fact had dinner with them. But we would've had him if we'd wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT