ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody help me with a factoid...

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
CTA, it seems to me, has now landed the four or five or six or...top rated recruits in IUFB history.

I'd love to see the list....

Thanks.

(And apologize in advance if this is somewhere in a thread.)

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
There is hope that when the 2022 class is done it will reflect an improvement in recruiting, right now coaches are looking to improve the team for next season.

I forgot about David Kenney. He got dismissed from ISU after minimal production there. I also see Ronnie Walker's production at Virginia last year showed he had better results at IU. But....I think he was more concerned about location since he was from VA. Antonio Allen always felt like he wasted a ton of talent with horrible off the field decisions. Jerimy Finch was another player we had a super strange relationship with.

Reactions: Irregulars
Crazy how far down the list you have to go to get to someone that had a good career at IU. Latham at 3rd is the only recruit in the top 10 that could be argued that he played to his rating. Fant at 11th just missed the top 10.

I am not counting players in 2021 or 2022 classes since they haven't played here yet.

Hopefully the recruits in 2021 and 2022 play up to their rating.

Reactions: mk23 and vesuvius13
Some of those guys never panned out. A few of them I don’t even recall. Every class at every school
Is going to have guys not make it due to injury, grades etc. But these “all knowing” scouts will never be able measure what’s in a kid’s heart and head.
What you are saying is very true and they don't know a player's heart and determination to rank them. The scouts only look at their ability and speed but not the reality of their hearts and determination to improve in college programs.

Amazing how many on this list never panned out. Makes me question these ratings even more.
Just like in basketball, there are a group of 5 star kids every year that justify the rankings, and are just better than everyone else. After that it gets much more murky.

But it’s a numbers game. If you get 15 4 star kids a year, there’s a good chance 5-6 of them will hit. When you get 1 a year...and they end up at IU instead of a blue blood program, the odds just aren’t great.

Seems like we’re getting a few more every year now. So more of them will be impactful.

I forgot about David Kenney. He got dismissed from ISU after minimal production there. I also see Ronnie Walker's production at Virginia last year showed he had better results at IU. But....I think he was more concerned about location since he was from VA. Antonio Allen always felt like he wasted a ton of talent with horrible off the field decisions. Jerimy Finch was another player we had a super strange relationship with.
I forgot about Kenney too. What happened to him at IU?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT