ADVERTISEMENT

Some people have no shame...

More Americans voted for Hillary than Trump. Stop playing word games and just accept that fact.
And my prediction is that:
  1. The Dems will nominate someone much further left of Hillary and Buttigieg
  2. That candidate will have an even larger margin of popular vote over Trump than did HRC
  3. Country moves further left

Total popular vote is a nothingburger. It’s not relevant to anything. It’s like suggesting the total popular vote should decide the senate.
That’s BS. It’s a census of for whom people voted. It doesn’t win the election but only someone that doesn’t remotely understand statistics would say something like “it’s not relevant to anything.”

And my prediction is that:
  1. The Dems will nominate someone much further left of Hillary and Buttigieg
  2. That candidate will have an even larger margin of popular vote over Trump than did HRC
  3. Country moves further left
I will refrain from predictions for the most part, but I will not be surprised if the Democratic nominee wins a popular vote landslide, regardless of the EC result.

That’s BS. It’s a census of for whom people voted. It doesn’t win the election but only someone that doesn’t remotely understand statistics would say something like “it’s not relevant to anything.”

How is the NPV relevant? I have some knowledge of the concept of relevancy. I don’t see a use for the NPV except for those who use it for a political talking point. But that isn’t relevant.

How is the NPV relevant?
The fact you ask this question in response to a post in which Ranger actually gave you the answer proves you are either an idiot or a troll. I personally don't believe you are an idiot - I think you're a very smart fellow - so I'll just add this to the long list of evidence that you are now just a troll.

How is the NPV relevant? I have some knowledge of the concept of relevancy. I don’t see a use for the NPV except for those who use it for a political talking point. But that isn’t relevant.
Can everybody just stop replying to this person? Clearly a troll

Iran claiming their revenge is done, and if the US backs off, they will, too.

Bets, anyone?

I think they tried for the near miss, hoping to have their face-saving reprisal without us needing to retaliate. I bet we issue a stern warning and this all comes to an end.

Supposedly we saw the missiles being fueled and did not attack. I do not know this was agreed to, but it would not surprise me,

Reactions: Digressions
I think they tried for the near miss, hoping to have their face-saving reprisal without us needing to retaliate. I bet we issue a stern warning and this all comes to an end.

Supposedly we saw the missiles being fueled and did not attack. I do not know this was agreed to, but it would not surprise me,
It's amazing how often international conflict plays out according to script, isn't it?

Twenty rockets fired and six hits? Does sound like the aim was lacking for some reason.

I'll take the under if there were no American deaths tonight.
NBC reporter in Erbil acted like it was a nothingburger. Just a handful of low energy warheads. Little to no damage.

Where DID they hit? Civilian deaths could be blamed on the American presence and cause future problems with negotiations to withdraw.

INRanger27 said:

Isn’t that the guy whose siblings ran an ad to dissuade the electorate from voting for him?

edit: @CO. Hoosier you asked before about the #NewGOP hashtag. This is it. These are the assholes that push reasonable people out of the party.

Why should reasonable people leave the party because of assholes like this? That perpetuates and makes worse the problem you mention. Like any group, the beliefs of those who make up the GOP will form bell curves in a number of measurable metrics. Leaving because of bell-curve outliers is stupid and weak to me. You claim to be one of those. All I can say, if the shoe fits, wear it. But don't piss on those who stay behind with meaningless phrases like "Trumpism" or "the new GOP."

A German friend of mine recently sent me this link to read. This is a rather long read. Nevertheless, the message in this 30 year-old piece has timeless application. I chose to take inspiration from this message instead of the plethora of those who paint with the broad "Trumpism" brush.
[/quote]
You can rationalize anything. Pathetic.

I'm trying to do better, hours are better than days.

Are you referring to the vote to begin talks to ask the Americans to leave?

Let me catch you up... no reported US or Iraqi casualties

737 appears to have been shot down in Iran

There's an earthquake in Iran near a Nuclear PP

Reactions: tooold4 and kobis18
Unrelated to the current events unfolding, but it was cool of you to take your time to compile this and help others gain a better understanding of what is happening. Thanks!

Check out this IntelCrab guy... very good feed

Unrelated to the current events unfolding, but it was cool of you to take your time to compile this and help others gain a better understanding of what is happening. Thanks!

Not gonna lie, not all of these events can be mutually exclusive. Still waiting on confirmation regarding the 737 being shot down, but two sizable earthquakes?

I mean the statistical probabilities are wildly improbable.

The fact you ask this question in response to a post in which Ranger actually gave you the answer proves you are either an idiot or a troll. I personally don't believe you are an idiot - I think you're a very smart fellow - so I'll just add this to the long list of evidence that you are now just a troll.

I’m trying to get him to stop begging the question. Calling the NPV a national census for statistical purposes is nothing more than saying we need to count the NPV. I understand it’s a total of the 50 state votes; but the 50 state votes are important. The NPV total isn’t. Serious question. We’ve kept track of the NPV for years and years, but it means nothing. It’s like keeping track of the total generic vote for the house and senate—who cares?

Bets, anyone?

My bet is this is the end.... for now. We've been at this for 40 years.... as I said last night. We've been at it for 15 years on the ground in Iraq, the most direct confrontation we've ever had.

It ebbs and flows. It will continue to..... we have a large military presence in every nation that surrounds Iran.

Much of even the GOP establishment position is now to more or less accept Iran as they are... as long as they aren't flexing in the region (Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, e.t.c....) or trying to develop a nuke weapons program.

The bigger geopolitical question should be why they don't seem to want to go along with that. They seem to be obsessed with becoming a regional power. I personally believe it's to detract from their domestic issues. They have to push the propaganda and their constant regional war footing to keep their domestic problems at bay.

My bet is this is the end.... for now. We've been at this for 40 years.... as I said last night. We've been at it for 15 years on the ground in Iraq, the most direct confrontation we've ever had.

It ebbs and flows. It will continue to..... we have a large military presence in every nation that surrounds Iran.

Much of even the GOP establishment position is now to more or less accept Iran as they are... as long as they aren't flexing in the region (Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, e.t.c....) or trying to develop a nuke weapons program.

The bigger geopolitical question should be why they don't seem to want to go along with that. They seem to be obsessed with becoming a regional power. I personally believe it's to detract from their domestic issues. They have to push the propaganda and their constant regional war footing to keep their domestic problems at bay.

You are thinking like Iran is a country with typical economic and geopolitical interests. It isn’t. Iran is a theocracy run by Mullahs. They are on a religious quest to spread their beliefs.

Can’t stop won’t stop. Destroy the sites that launched the missiles.

I am really against the Iranian regime, but I think that they missed on purpose. I would take a pause and see what happens. We lost no lives and no material from what I have gathered. The sanctions are having their effect, I say continue to let them. I like Trump setting the red line that he did. We will not accept your proxies killing U.S. citizens and we will not allow you to attack installations such as our embassy, in a meaningful way, without Iran directly bearing those costs anymore. We have reestablished clear rules.

My end goal is still to extricate from the Middle East, I view the weak Iranian response as standing down. Let them stand down and let their domestic situation continue to deteriorate without having us as a foil.

Reactions: IUJIM
But this is exactly what they’re doing and have been doing. Their tentacles are spread all throughout the region and are the chief reasons why there is so much discord.

The minute we get bulletproof evidence of nuclear capabilities being stood up, there going to be a very hard decision to be made. Hopefully we’re aligning with the Chinese on this right now.

But this is exactly what they’re doing and have been doing. Their tentacles are spread all throughout the region and are the chief reasons why there is so much discord.

The minute we get bulletproof evidence of nuclear capabilities being stood up, there going to be a very hard decision to be made. Hopefully we’re aligning with the Chinese on this right now.

Not just the Chinese, the Russians are chomping at the bit to sell weapons to Iran again. Trump touts his relationship with Vlad, it would be great to get Russia onboard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT