ADVERTISEMENT

Some old school OTF Awesomeness from Aruss

IU_Cramer

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2001
With so many old-schoolers around today I wanted to share what I thought is a prime example of what made the OTF such a great thing. It must have been the spring or summer of 2004 (my memory is a bit fuzzy, but lack of sleep and three kids will do that to you). An OTFer had just had a kiddo and I believe there were some complications involved. Andy spearheaded the effort to help the OTFer out via donations. Now this was back before paypal or any of the online options to do something like this were available or at least widely used. I'm not sure the exact amount that was brought together, but I remember the OTFer being very appreciative and how it helped to alleviate some of the stress of that time for them.

That, as Andy would say, was a "banner day for the OTF".

And this is exactly why we need to start a GoFundMe

or some other such site and collect what we can for his kids Education fund mentioned above.

who wants to set this up?

I think it would really show his family how much he was liked

here where he spent a lot of his free time.....especially the late nights

I don't know how they work

do they take a cut?

plus, I've never heard of that bank. Thought maybe someone more local could do it so they could just take the money themselves once it has been collected

I can see where SH is coming from

Living in Texas I'd like to contribute but I'm not making it to the bank in Indiana anytime soon. I didn't see anywhere on the funeral home's website to make a donation, and AHA's website didn't have a place for individual donations that I saw.

Additionally I think SH is coming from the place of it would be a cool thing for the OTF to pool all our donations together to then send in at the same time. I think the idea has some merit, but the logistics of it would have to be hammered out.

Understood . . .

I just wanted to bust his chops . . . seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

A fund has been set up

The obituary mentioned a bank that you could send money for an education fund. Reality is they will be eligible for a lot of college assistance from his passing, as well as social security benefits. There will be living expenses in college and other things the money will be needed to send 3 children to school. It would probably be easier to donate to one source than to have several funds to maintain.

Go Fund Me can be shared on social media.....

there's not a Main Source bank in Indy, which is where I assume many (most) posters live.

Someone write a suitable description of his story and I'm happy to set up the account. I'm not sure my writing skills are good enough to do him justice.

5% I believe

Might be easier to go the paypal route. I don't think they take as much. Pool all the donations and then have someone take them into the bank.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I set up a fund for you

at GoFockYourself.

You already have 1200 in donations. That will buy a lot of wine coolers.

Yeah that's too bad.....

I was just thinking if we could make one donation in the name of the OTF it would be cool.....since this place was a big part of his life

I would be willing to use my PayPal although if someone nearer to Columbus would be willing to use theirs instead, it might make it easier to get the money to the bank in one larger donation

lol

Let's just put a bunch of cash in a coffee can and thrown it in the White River, why don't we?

benefactors

all Great Expectations like

someone keep a lookout on his kids and we'll revisit this in 10 years.

I have no desire to make his ex-wife's life better.

or just give to the 529 trust the family is setting up

Yes and I am eager to contribute.

It's the OTF SH. Just essing around.

This post was edited on 12/3 4:10 PM by UTFO

Re: benefactors

This place could get enough together to help all three of those kids out down the road, no doubt.

But I feel you.

I was talking about giving it to that trust

just in the name of the OTF

but if you need personal glory by having your name on it, go ahead as it goes to the same place!

:)

First time I've laughed all day...

That was just a pants down spanking in the middle of the grocery isle.

dont smiley face me

.. and I was talking about waiting until the mom has no take in it ..

which includes footing her part of the college bill.

Her daddy owns a business and her new guy at one time anyway drove a red Mercedes.

I realize these things don't have staying power. I liked the idea of Christmas presents that someone had.

I vote presents, everything else is too messy

they kids Christmas is going to suck, might as well smother them with a bunch of materialistic things to help them get through the holidays.

Any chance we can get someone local to get a list of presents together

We can ship them all to Peegs house and have him dress as Santa to deliver them.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Aruss collected it all and then had me deliver it to Cooper

i got to see where Mr. Fancy had his office.

ADVERTISEMENT