ADVERTISEMENT

"Some of our friends on this forum are racists."

This is exactly why the GOP Senate Leadership is petrified that Kobach may win the Kansas Senate nomination on Tues night. He already cost them the Governorship. If the Kobacher becomes the Senate nominee, the GOP could lose that seat, and that would be the final nail in their hopes to retain the Senate...

Btw, this is quite an interesting thread to revisit. Inlight of exactly who is outspokenly attacking the protestors in Portland...
Kobach is the vehicle but Peter Thiel is doing the driving. That is who they fear, or should fear.

It's amazing how many of you are repeatedly called "racist" all the time, and yet, no one can ever provide an example of anyone actually doing it.
Probably from your ubiquitous use of phrases like “you are either racist or an idiot if you don’t think like me”.

Reactions: Lucy01
Probably from your ubiquitous use of phrases like “you are either racist or an idiot if you don’t think like me”.

It probably would have been easier and more accurate if you'd just have answered "You're right." ;)

Reactions: brianiu
Seems to me that we use the term racist inappropriately and too broadly.

Bigot may be a better way to describe those who for example cannot tolerate all the actions and tenets of the BLM movement. More precisely, the definition of bigot shouldn't be used too broadly or it becomes about as useless as the term racist.

Thus you can say, "I don't like the way some BLM protesters behave along with the BLM views about the nuclear family". Calling a person who thinks this a "racist" isn't accurate in my opinion as the person isn't taking umbridge with an entire race. Instead the person is being intolerant (being bigoted) of a particular group and at least one of their beliefs.

Last edited:

Bigot may be a better way to describe those who for example cannot tolerate all the actions and tenets of the BLM movement. More precisely, the definition of bigot shouldn't be used too broadly or it becomes about as useless as the term bigot.

Thus you can say, "I don't like the way some BLM protesters behave along with the BLM views about the nuclear family". Calling a person who thinks this a "racist" isn't accurate in my opinion as the person isn't taking umbridge with an entire race. Instead the person is being intolerant (being bigoted) of a particular group and at least one of their beliefs.

th

Reactions: hoot1
new-museum-wafaces-banner.jpg

every person has a visual imprint on every person they meet, possibly every time they meet, based on their looks.

it can be subtle or strong, and everything in between, depending on the beholder and the looks of the beheld.

no one is immune, it's human nature and we have no power to deactivate it.

and all blacks see all other blacks differently, and all whites see all other whites differently.

and all blacks see every different white differently.

and all whites sees every different black differently.

of course all Asians look alike, so we'll leave them out of this.

of course sglowrider might disagree when posting pics, or we when viewing them.

those who say they see, thus perceive, everyone the same, are lying either to themselves or others.

how we react to said visual cues is what matters.

and unfortunately, group behavior, real or perceived or some mix of, of the group being looked upon, can bias how individuals within the group are perceived by those outside said group.

and vice versa.

how do we divorce impressions of the individual from impressions of the group we put them in, on top of consciously minimizing any group impressions, real or perceived.

and how do we divorce impressions of the group, from impressions of individuals within the group..

Last edited:

Bigot may be a better way to describe those who for example cannot tolerate all the actions and tenets of the BLM movement. More precisely, the definition of bigot shouldn't be used too broadly or it becomes about as useless as the term racist.

@outside shooter said this about Trump supporters in another thread. Is this bigotry?

They are the same people who then drive to the grcoery store, take up two parking spaces, then leave the cart in the middle of the lot when they leave, even though the cart holding area is 10 feet away. They aren't necessarily angry, just all about themselves. The nerve of some bicyclist, going too slow and making me have to pass!​

@outside shooter said this about Trump supporters in another thread. Is this bigotry?
every definition of "bigotry" thst I see includes intolerance prominently in the definition.

I am very tolerant of many rude people.. I don't confront them, attack them, or hurt them in any way. I rarely even note their behavior to them.

I simply notice some characteristic undesirable attributes that tend to associate with being a Trump supporter. People who drive BMWs and Mecedes also tend think that they own the road and act like arseholes.too, so it's not relegated to a political realm or to any ethnic characteristics.

I am a professor. We tend to be nerdy and socially awkward. Not 100%, but it is a trend. Am I bigoted agianst myself?

Reactions: hoot1
every definition of "bigotry" thst I see includes intolerance prominently in the definition.

I am very tolerant of many rude people.. I don't confront them, attack them, or hurt them in any way. I rarely even note their behavior to them.

I simply notice some characteristic undesirable attributes that tend to associate with being a Trump supporter. People who drive BMWs and Mecedes also tend think that they own the road and act like arseholes.too, so it's not relegated to a political realm or to any ethnic characteristics.

I am a professor. We tend to be nerdy and socially awkward. Not 100%, but it is a trend. Am I bigoted agianst myself?

Freedom which is a value both those on the left and the right in America claim to believe depends on tolerance in my view. This includes tolerating behavior which a person finds offensive.

Fighting wars isn't the price we pay for freedom. Tolerating behavior which offends us is the price we pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Freedom which is a value both those on the left and the right in America claim to believe depends on tolerance in my view. This includes tolerating behavior which a person finds offensive.

Fighting wars isn't the price we pay for freedom. Tolerating behavior which offends us is the price we pay.

offensive and life threatening, are not one in the same.

life threatening falls more under the criminal negligence category.

that said, we all know of vest bombers.

what about an effectively immune younger, or even an older, who knows they are infected, but deliberately and unavoidably invades the space of someone older and at great risk, and won't deinvade that space for X period of time?

or a group of youngers, all knowing they are possitive, or none knowing for sure, but a large enough group to statistically be fairly sure one or more is carrying, especially since they have all been socially active or knowingly exposed, descending on an older or olders, with no way for the olders to avoid them or disengage.

how are these instances not effectively vest bombers with self protection.

and if an older or older couple is walking alone in a park and sees a group of youngers descending upon them, and refusing to disengage when asked, and getting closer and closer and following the olders trying to escape in another direction, wherever they go, at what point would the olders defending themselves with a gun be considered self defense.

with society now being heavily populated with potential effective vest bombers, what are the new rules of engagement, or disengagement, and self defense or stand your ground..

and at what point is someone criminally negligent when literally imposing themselves on olders' space, against the olders' will.

My thoughts on Trump supporters are mild compared to those who survive those lost due to DJT's incompetence and stupidity.

Nice obit here. Read the ;ast 3 paragraphs:

obit.jpg

Yes, it is real: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/david-nagy-obituary/

I feel sorry for Stacey. Years from now I think she will regret this obit. I wouldn’t want the world to know or remember me based on an obit like this. Especially I wouldn’t want my wife to remember me as another political yard sign with a parting “shame on you” message.

If David’s family feels this strongly about Trump, they should write a Tweet.

You seeing this obit as “nice” says a lot about you.

I feel sorry for Stacey. Years from now I think she will regret this obit. I wouldn’t want the world to know or remember me based on an obit like this. Especially I wouldn’t want my wife to remember me as another political yard sign with a parting “shame on you” message.

And your post says volumes about you. Then again it’s stuff we already knew about you.

And your post says volumes about you. Then again it’s stuff we already knew about you.

How so? You’ve been on my ass for more than a year. WTF?

I really feel sorry fo Stacey. I could never use my hate for anybody to infect my memories of my stoker. I’ve had clients suffer at the hands of drunk drivers and even they didn’t harbor such hate. I would have thought you would hold similar feelings. Guess I’m wrong about you.

You literally just judged a grieving widow for how she and her family have decided to express their sorrow...all because of who she feels should be held somewhat accountable. :eek:

Reactions: outside shooter
You literally just judged a grieving widow for how she and her family have decided to express their sorrow...all because of who she feels should be held somewhat accountable. :eek:

Yes I did. She isn’t the first person who blames and hates somebody for a loss. Anger and hate will eat at her for a long time and won’t be consoling.

I don’t have the same view of BMW and Mercedes drivers. The left lane rolling road hazards who seem to think they own the road tend to be in American sedans or pickup trucks . . .

I feel sorry for Stacey...

Millions of us feel sorry for her and for her husband's needless death. If the family had written a "normal" obit, we certainly would never have known who he was and would never discuss his death here. It would be one of the 156,000+ that POTUS wants to forget about. He's not forgotten. That's VERY nice.

Millions of us feel sorry for her and for her husband's needless death. If the family had written a "normal" obit, we certainly would never have known who he was and would never discuss his death here. It would be one of the 156,000+ that POTUS wants to forget about. He's not forgotten. That's VERY nice.

"Shame on all of you and may Karma find you all". I dunno, shooter, there is more reasons to feel sorry for the widow and family than the loss of a husband and father.

What qualifications does one need to feel sorry for somebody?
Douchey condescension does not equal sorrow.

I am so sorry for your lack of empathy brought on by your devotion to all things T.rump. I know that in several years from now, you will look back on all of this and feel a sense of emptiness for how you sold yourself out for such an unworthy, destructive man in T.rump.
(See what I did there?)

Reactions: outside shooter
Douchey condescension does not equal sorrow.

I am so sorry for your lack of empathy brought on by your devotion to all things T.rump. I know that in several years from now, you will look back on all of this and feel a sense of emptiness for how you sold yourself out for such an unworthy, destructive man in T.rump.
(See what I did there?)

Yeah, I see what you did. It’s a double reverse “look over there”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT