ADVERTISEMENT

Some idiot in leftfield threw a tallboy partially full at Schwarber

2 can play this game. I don't go to Reds games when the Cubs are in town. Why? Because Cubs fans are such obnoxious pricks. The examples are many, but I quit going because I have never seen a fan base that rude and boorish. This is saying a lot, because I live in Ohio, and deal with OSU fans regularly. I have seen handfuls of other fan bases, including Cards fans, be assholes in isolated incidents. But Cubs fans, in my experience are hands down the worst.

I never met or had an intelligent interaction with Cubs fans until here. Not exaggerating. Generally, I try to avoid this topic, because I like and respect the Cubs fans here, but ask people in Cincy who the worst goddamn fans are and the majority will point at the Cubs fans.

A Cubs game is always a shitshow thanks to the drunken brofest that constitutes the fan base. It is like a bunch of frat guys that just left a Jimmy Buffet concert.

Again, I like the Cubs guys here but come on Ptown, if there is one fan base that cannot point at rude fans, it is yours.
That's it; it's go time. There is no fanbase more rude or boorish than OSU football fans. C'mon man, that's just mean spirited. That group of fans is 99.9% pure asshole.

There is no disputing that many fans who go to Wrigley are Bro-asshats who aren't there for the baseball. But, in all honesty, can you blame them? What a great environment - its a beautiful park, and there is a cornucopia of watering holes and eating spots around there to cater to whatever you want to do. Its fertile ground for stoopid.

That said, I get the distinction between the two, and won't argue the point, except to say that Cub fans aren't necessarily those who attend the games.

Reactions: C-$
If you think I cry over baseball then you are dumber than C$. It's a sport that I follow but it ain't life or death! The only reason I post about it is to get Cub fans riled. Thanks for once again taking the bait. You all are just plain dumb to not have figured this out yet. However, that stated its great that the Reds have at least won things since 1909. If u are gonna talk smack about a winning season, fine. It's been decades since your team competed so good for them. Even blind squirrels find nuts too I guess.
Sorry, I'm not buying what you're selling. I'm pretty certain now that you thought the Cubs were playing at Wrigley, and not at the Cell, so you weren't baiting Cubs fans, you were just being yourself. As in, asshat. Clueless. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Embrace it - you've earned it.

2 can play this game. I don't go to Reds games when the Cubs are in town. Why? Because Cubs fans are such obnoxious pricks. The examples are many, but I quit going because I have never seen a fan base that rude and boorish. This is saying a lot, because I live in Ohio, and deal with OSU fans regularly. I have seen handfuls of other fan bases, including Cards fans, be assholes in isolated incidents. But Cubs fans, in my experience are hands down the worst.

I never met or had an intelligent interaction with Cubs fans until here. Not exaggerating. Generally, I try to avoid this topic, because I like and respect the Cubs fans here, but ask people in Cincy who the worst goddamn fans are and the majority will point at the Cubs fans.

A Cubs game is always a shitshow thanks to the drunken brofest that constitutes the fan base. It is like a bunch of frat guys that just left a Jimmy Buffet concert.

Again, I like the Cubs guys here but come on Ptown, if there is one fan base that cannot point at rude fans, it is yours.
That's just stupid. You have the Brennamans and you're going to say we're assholes? C'mon man.

My brother lives in Cincy. I've been to at least half a dozen games there with him, including the game in '07 or '08 when the Cubs clinched there. We took over the stadium, as usual, so I don't blame you for being annoyed by that. But I've never seen a problem between Cubs and Reds fans. Ever. Yes, we have total Ahole, douchebag fans, but usually Cubs fans just want to have a good time and we understand our history. But we do have had be numbers.

That's just stupid. You have the Brennamans and you're going to say we're assholes? C'mon man.

My brother lives in Cincy. I've been to at least half a dozen games there with him, including the game in '07 or '08 when the Cubs clinched there. We took over the stadium, as usual, so I don't blame you for being annoyed by that. But I've never seen a problem between Cubs and Reds fans. Ever. Yes, we have total Ahole, douchebag fans, but usually Cubs fans just want to have a good time and we understand our history. But we do have had be numbers.
If anything, among members of this forum, the most delusional, self-righteous, entitled fan base is probably.... Hoosier fans.

Purdue is a better program than IU currently. So, I'm thinking we not them are slowly becoming the Cubs. Years from now, after Crean completely rewrites our legacy into one of mediocrity, we'll sound just like Cub fans. We already do ..
Currently? I wouldn't say so. Last year, yes. The two years before that, they finished dead last. This year, of course the verdict is still out. Yet I've yet to see a poll with them rated higher than IU.

I read Goat's comment to mean Hoosier fans were the most delusional self-righteous assholes on forum; did I miss something? I think you're extrapolating

That is the way I read it as well. IU fans are delusional though not near as self-righteous as we used to be. I was just answering 2 posts at once.

That is the way I read it as well. IU fans are delusional though not near as self-righteous as we used to be. I was just answering 2 posts at once.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think we're nearly as bad as, say, OSU fans, who are basically the college equivalent of Massholes. But I still find myself rolling my eyes at fellow Hoosier fans far too often.

Ahh, I see now.

See, its kind of confusing when you answer two posts in one sentence line. An "enter" is your friend. Rush was a band that I liked when I was 18; then I grew up (relatively speaking). I've been to several Cub games in Cincy - I think its always problematic when another fanbase takes over your home stadium like their own, but hay, that happens when your fans don't support their team. And doesn't it bug you when Cubs fans take over your house despite sucking? Zizkov is a flipping communist who gets 8 weeks of vacation a year, and that pisses me off. I'm pretty much ready to have another beer....

The Cubs have the hottest female fanbase in baseball so that has to count for something. WGAFF about anything related to Cincinnati? What a dump.

during White Sox-Cubs game. The fan got ejected before Schwarber got the opportunity
to kick the guy's ass.

God I wished they'd have hit him good. That way we'd be spared of having to read any more of the endlessly stupid Schwarber jizzing posts on here

"Program" not team, not season. Plus it was hyperbole. Purdue will never be a better program. Regardless if we have a clown for a coach or not.

Currently? I wouldn't say so. Last year, yes. The two years before that, they finished dead last. This year, of course the verdict is still out. Yet I've yet to see a poll with them rated higher than IU.

Haven't been to those. Will have to try them maybe next summer when we head down for our annual Reds trip....and I hate the Reds but love the brew! Are those two near downtown?

We also hit Listerman which is across street from Xaview. It's ok. Just a starting point for the rest of the weekend.

I think Blank Slate is the best of the bunch here, but love Madtree and Rhinegeist as well. Rivertown and 50 West are good as well.

I haven't had Blank Slate. My brother is coming home in a couple weeks. I'll have to hit him up. Madtree and Rhinegeist are both solid. I haven't been to any of the breweries there. There is a little Marathon gas station near his house that has a ridiculous craft beer selection that I get to whenever I'm there. They have Three Floyds, Revolution, Jackie O's, Brew Kettle, etc. etc. and all the local stuff. When I was there a few weeks ago I was talking beer with the owner and asking him for recommendations. He pulled out a couple KBS's from the back and sold me two of them for $5 each. That place is awesome. Check it out.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31980/

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
The KBS is very good. The CBS is amazing. Went to a tapping over the summer in Broad Ripple. Solid stuff for sure.

Haven't been to those. Will have to try them maybe next summer when we head down for our annual Reds trip....and I hate the Reds but love the brew! Are those two near downtown?

We also hit Listerman which is across street from Xaview. It's ok. Just a starting point for the rest of the weekend.

Rhinegeist is near downtown in the OTR area. Highly recommend a visit there, as it is convenient. Madtree is up 71 about 10 miles from downtown. Blank Slate has a tasting room, it is roughly 5 miles from downtown very near Lunken Airport.

I haven't had Blank Slate. My brother is coming home in a couple weeks. I'll have to hit him up. Madtree and Rhinegeist are both solid. I haven't been to any of the breweries there. There is a little Marathon gas station near his house that has a ridiculous craft beer selection that I get to whenever I'm there. They have Three Floyds, Revolution, Jackie O's, Brew Kettle, etc. etc. and all the local stuff. When I was there a few weeks ago I was talking beer with the owner and asking him for recommendations. He pulled out a couple KBS's from the back and sold me two of them for $5 each. That place is awesome. Check it out.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31980/

Next time you are in town, check out Dutch's in East Hyde Park.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16682/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT