ADVERTISEMENT

Sobering article from Pete Thamel re: Miller's status in Bloomington

Stop the crap talk about the administration "not caring." IU football and ladies basketball both having tremendous success with GOOD coaches. For whatever reason, Miller has failed. The question is WHO would be a good hire? There's no obvious choice. I have no idea but every successful program begins with a good/great coach.

Reactions: Al Bino
Stop the crap talk about the administration "not caring." IU football and ladies basketball both having tremendous success with GOOD coaches. For whatever reason, Miller has failed. The question is WHO would be a good hire? There's no obvious choice. I have no idea but every successful program begins with a good/great coach.

Bingo, right on the money. It is ALL about the coach. Archie appeared like a good hire but....

It is like a conspiracy theory, the big bad people in power don't want the bb program to be successful. Amusing.

agreed. I think that's unlikely and impossible unless TJD stays... but that scares me also

I don't think he's a first round pick, but I suppose another year won't help his draft status either ? Unless he comes out shooting 40% from 3 next year, lol.

I don't think he's a first round pick, but I suppose another year won't help his draft status either ? Unless he comes out shooting 40% from 3 next year, lol.

Yeah, I am not sure what else he gains by staying. The g league has development coaches that can work specifically on his needs 7 days a week. If he were my son I would guide him that way.

Bingo, right on the money. It is ALL about the coach. Archie appeared like a good hire but....

It is like a conspiracy theory, the big bad people in power don't want the bb program to be successful. Amusing.
I don’t read it as a conspiracy theory, but that IU isn’t really prepared to move on. Or showing any signs of it. We’re definitely getting more Archie.

I don’t read it as a conspiracy theory, but that IU isn’t really prepared to move on. Or showing any signs of it. We’re definitely getting more Archie.

Archie will not be the coach next year. This should be rock bottom. You can always go deeper, trust me on that, but this seems like the likely bottom. At this point, you would have to almost try to be worse than what IU has become.

The oddity, that is good for the future, is the fans care way more about the program than anyone on the team or coaching.

Lots of coaches can do well at IU, a select few could absolutely kill it. I have confidence (unless we hire Fife and I burn it down) we get a coach that will do well here next. Dream of the second coming of the general, but will settle for a WVU like program.

Indiana is becoming a football school...It's a great day!!!

There are multiple signs that our university supports the program with exception of holding on to the coach. That’s the big one. Everything else is comparable or better than the conference peers.
Facilities. Marketing. The contract is second highest paid in the conference. Other than landing the right coach who has a personality for success, all the other infrastructure is there.

Comparable to conference peers, yet consistently performing worse under CAM. You say the infrastructure is there, and yet the recruiting under two recent coaches seems to imply otherwise, or implies it doesn't matter. Either way, it points to an issue within the program or administration itself, and not just a coaching issue.

A water polo facility received a $20m renovation at IU while schools like UK and KU build luxury student athlete housing. When will IU get its own version of McCarthy Hall or the Wildcat Coal Lodge?

It seems like the IU administration is more interested in self reporting dozens of minor violations each year than it is in attracting top talent. I'm sure that sits well with top coaches.

I'm at the point where we should just roll time back and hire MD again. Given talent, which he can get, he had us about an inch away from a title, Don't break the bank and give him top assistants like a Fife and Mike Lewis. He admits he wasn't ready the first time and did the noble thing and resigned. Now says he's a 100X better coach and I believe that, he just doesn't have the resources where he is.
100X better coach???
Good fracking grief.......
Does that mean he finally learned the motion offense?
Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: abraxis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT