ADVERTISEMENT

So who's ready or likely to be come next Season?

It’s always next year. Always next class. We’ve been doing this for 20 years.

I agree with Romeo we’re a top 25 team. No doubt about it. But without him we’re not making the tourney yet again. He’s Archie’s Cody zeller

The front court will be far better just from adding bodies.

If Phinasee can play, and I think he can (nothing scientific or sure thing), IU will be much better. There will be more guys who can do more things and that simply cannot hurt.

But IU will miss Johnson badly. Suggesting otherwise is silly.

Reactions: cshartle123
“He’s Archie’s Cody”

Thank you, that’s all I need kid.....lol

Now, go get your Brad autographed mini ball and click your heels together.

Can’t wait till next year. Might have to save these posts.
He probably is just upset that Cal and UK lost because it proves more and more that the one and done doesn't work.

https://247sports.com/Season/2013-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
https://247sports.com/Season/2013-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

These are the recruiting rankings for players from 2012-16 and just look for yourselves on how well a lot of the players who are ranked from 50-100. Also I look at UM and how well they have played and a lot of their players are ranked in this range. Also if Phinnissee can turn out like their last 3 point guards who were not highly ranked recruits I think we all will be happy.

Nobody said that. Just like nobody said Moore was going to do much when he came in.....have no idea where he is getting this.

I remember when Newkirk signed, many of us where like "WTF?". And this years Freshman class was a reason people wanted Crean gone.
The front court will be far better just from adding bodies.

If Phinasee can play, and I think he can (nothing scientific or sure thing), IU will be much better. There will be more guys who can do more things and that simply cannot hurt.

But IU will miss Johnson badly. Suggesting otherwise is silly.
Without Romeo, IU will only be very modestly better than this past year, at best. Overestimating the contributions of new recruits is a tradition among many IU fans and, unfortunately for them, they never learn.

Last edited:
Reactions: fpeaugh
Poole from Michigan was ranked #106...
And is also top 10 in scoring per 40 and with a high PER and will most likely be all conference contender next year. He would have started this year if it weren't for a log jam at his position.

Without Romeo, IU will only be very modestly better than this past year, at best. Overestimating the contributions new recruits is a tradition among many IU fans and, unfortunately for them, they never learn.

lol

Without Romeo, IU will start:

Davis SR
Morgan JR
Smith SO
Green JR
Grad Transfer SR

Thompson
McRob
Durham
Moore
Freshman Class

You do know we stated a walk on and a 6’5’’ JUCO at Center, right?

lol

Without Romeo, IU will start:

Davis SR
Morgan JR
Smith SO
Green JR
Grad Transfer SR

Thompson
McRob
Durham
Moore
Freshman Class

You do know we stated a walk on and a 6’5’’ JUCO at Center, right?
And that's a line up that won't produce a much better result than was produced this past year. Overrate the contributions of incoming players to be our hearts content, but it's fools gold to do so.

And that's a line up that won't produce a much better result than was produced this past year. Overrate the contributions of incoming players to be our hearts content, but it's fools gold to do so.

So, walk on and 6’5’’ JUCO Center starting with Newkirk and one leg Hartman coming off bench is almost as good?

Ah.....

LOL

Sure kid, sure....

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
So, walk on and 6’5’’ JUCO Center starting with Newkirk and one leg Hartman coming off bench is almost as good?

Ah.....

LOL

Sure kid, sure....
Better than a bunch of freshmen that few here have ever seen play and will nonetheless overrate. Experience and maturity are typically discounted by fans who instead only see ratings stars and highlight videos.

Better than a bunch of freshmen that few here have ever seen play and will nonetheless overrate. Experience and maturity are typically discounted by fans who instead only see ratings stars and highlight videos.

THE FRESMAN WILL NOT START

But, nah, all 4 freshman will play 35 mins a game lol

THE FRESMAN WILL NOT START

But, nah, all 4 freshman will play 35 mins a game lol
So what? They'll need to contribute at a pretty high level for IU to improve, and they aren't likely to make that kind of impact. They also contribute in preparation, which is another reason why large roster turnovers tend to produce steps back, even if the "talent" increases. Again, many fans overvalue incoming players, and they're rarely correct, mostly because they've never seen them play and know little about them.

So what? They'll need to contribute at a pretty high level for IU to improve, and they aren't likely to make that kind of impact. They also contribute in preparation, which is another reason why large roster turnovers tend to produce steps back, even if the "talent" increases. Again, many fans overvalue incoming players, and they're rarely correct, mostly because they've never seen them play and know little about them.

Oh, like 15 mins a game? Hmmmm

You are missing healthy Davis and Redshirt Thompson.

And one or more grad transfers...

Wanna bet on over/under 20 wins? (Without Romeo)

23 with...

Last edited:

Ah.....

LOL

Sure kid, sure....

Too many people overrate the roster CAM inherited. It was horribly constructed despite having a couple of solid pieces. Davis was the best he had with Johnson close behind. Newkirk had been mediocre at best, Green was a project and the Freshmen were freshmen. Miller did a great job developing Morgan who had shown potential but Crean kept squashing it.

Oh, like 15 mins a game? Hmmmm

You are missing healthy Davis and Redshirt Thompson.

And one or more grad transfers...

Wanna bet on over/under 20 wins? (Without Romeo)

23 with...
Davis, who underperformed when healthy and likely faces recovery well I to next season, further inhibiting his development and conditioning? And Thompson, a player no one has seen play at all, and whose only exposure is a Twitter photo with his shirt off (followed by proclamations of how great he'll be)?

Again, overrate them to your heart's content. You'll have plenty of company both now and when you're wondering why they weren't as good right away as you thought they'd be.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Davis, who underperformed when healthy and likely faces recovery well I to next season, further inhibiting his development and conditioning? And Thompson, a player no one has seen play at all, and whose only exposure is a Twitter photo with his shirt off (followed by proclamations of how great he'll be)?

Again, overrate them to your heart's content. You'll have plenty of company both now and when you're wondering why they weren't as good right away as you thought they'd be.

That’s a lot of words to say no to the bet.....

It’s your alt account anyway, why not bet?

LOL

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
That’s a lot of words to say no to the bet.....

It’s your alt account anyway, why not bet?

LOL
I'd have no problem betting, especially since you speak in vapid cliches, which tends to signify your general lack of knowledge on these things. You've offered nothing of substance here, no matter how hard you try. And Court keeps following, even though he says he does doesn't!

I'd have no problem betting, especially since you speak in vapid cliches, which tends to signify your general lack of knowledge on these things. You've offered nothing of substance here, no matter how hard you try. And Court keeps following, even though he says he does doesn't!

Are you over 50? 60?

It’s your alt account so it’s all good

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT