New Orleans
NBA postponed
NCAA cancelled
MLB?
NFL Draft?
NFL OTAs?
Things normal by the summer?

Is this correct so far?

MLB and NHL just announced they are suspending operations.

I haven't seen anything from the NFL yet.

The PGA is still planning on moving forward with The Players Championship as scheduled.

Duke's AD just announced the university is canceling athletic competitions for all teams for the remainder of the semester. Keep in mind, the AD is the head of the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee.

Think of all the teams whose seasons were going to end with a loss. Now several of them won't. Far less agony of defeat.

Is a human kidney considered to be meat (asking for Lenten purposes)? Would urge a sale today if that is a “yes”.
Gimme a few and I’ll dig out my pre-Vatican II Missal. I think there’s a chart on what makes up an acceptable Lenten diet. It’s got Cardinal O’Connor’s imprimatur, so you KNOW it’s the straight dope.

Gimme a few and I’ll dig out my pre-Vatican II Missal. I think there’s a chart on what makes up an acceptable Lenten diet. It’s got Cardinal O’Connor’s imprimatur, so you KNOW it’s the straight dope.
Have one on the mantle at home. Well worn but not recently studied . . . now I’m in trouble.

“Hail Mary, Full of Grace . . .”

Reactions: Radio Zero

do you have a team of writers? Your posts are all over the place in terms of substance, style and perspective. And I mean that as a compliment. I can only think you have a team of ghost writers helping you out.

Reactions: Radio Zero
The NCAA came up with the "no spectators" idea before consulting with any of the conferences, all of which just cancelled the same sort of tournaments. My guess is that the tourney is cancelled.

Don’t see how you can hold the NCAA tournament if the conference tournaments aren’t complete. Considering that they need to see who gets the auto bids at the very least.

The NCAA came up with the "no spectators" idea before consulting with any of the conferences, all of which just cancelled the same sort of tournaments. My guess is that the tourney is cancelled.
my buddy is a KU alum and vivid tickets just sent him an email for his refund for ncaa tourney tix. this thing is over.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Wouldn’t be so sure they didn’t consult with conferences before making that call. Bet there were a couple of phone calls.

Where are we? About to move to Phase 2:

c660f992-d90e-4196-98b0-96e2cc9494c2-large16x9_1280x960_71127P00DPOEO.jpg

Here is an interesting tidbit I picked up from Rush Limbaugh today, and he cited several sources for it. When we had the Swine Flu Outbreak in 2009, over 60 million people in the United States were treated for symptoms of that disease. I didn't catch the statistics for deaths caused by the Swine Flu, but my guess would be that 95% of these deaths involve people over 65 with ancillary health issues that compromise their immune systems, young people whose immune systems aren't fully developed, and people across the spectrum with medical problems with weak immune systems.

I don't know where numbers will come out on this virus, but I would be surprised if 60 million people contract this virus, but I would expect that the vast majority of deaths will be in those same 3 categories.

It's too early to tell where all this will end, but we may be overreacting to this problem and being overly cautious.

You lost me at QUOTE="Crossblock, post: 2900855, member: 60908"]I picked up from Rush Limbaugh today[/QUOTE]
The categories are likely right; the number likely way too low because probably nobody has immunity to this. No shots, no previous exposure. And anyway you don't seem to care much about people in those categories. Care to explain why?

Kansas is saying now if there is a tournament at a later datex they'd play.
Doesn't mean anything. The logistics are toast: less than two months before the semester is over. conference tournaments are canceled so who do you select. anything past two months you have eligibility issues. it's just a lost year. unlucky for those with great teams

Reactions: ams66
You lost me at QUOTE="Crossblock, post: 2900855, member: 60908"]I picked up from Rush Limbaugh today
The categories are likely right; the number likely way too low because probably nobody has immunity to this. No shots, no previous exposure. And anyway you don't seem to care much about people in those categories. Care to explain why?[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong, I think you do what you can to protect people in any age or risk category. I'm simply saying that once we are past this situation and look back at statistics, I would expect to find the vast majority of deaths attributed to the virus will fall into those age and risk categories very similar to those from Swine Flu.

Your point about status of prevention and knowing about the existence of the disease and its' effects is probably true. We knew more about the Swine Flu, people were vaccinated for it, and we were better prepared to deal with it.

This may be a good place to allude to the discussion I have with my Wife and Daughter constantly. They are great believers in using Hand Sanitizer. go with them to a Restaurant and the first thing they do after being seated is pull the purse size bottles of Purell from their purse and use it on their hands. My position has been that if you overuse these Sanitizers, you prevent your body from developing the antibodies to fight certain diseases. If there is a Medical Professional in the crowd, maybe you can enlighten us on this subject.

NBA postponed
NCAA cancelled
MLB?
NFL Draft?
NFL OTAs?
Things normal by the summer?

Is this correct so far?
I just found out today that I could not see my father in the nursing home right now. I was planning on seeing him next month when we go to Indiana for vacation,so that will have to change between now and then. What do we do? I guess we talk to our families and spend time with them. It isn't as fun, but it's what we have to do. :)

I just found out today that I could not see my father in the nursing home right now. I was planning on seeing him next month when we go to Indiana for vacation,so that will have to change between now and then. What do we do? I guess we talk to our families and spend time with them. It isn't as fun, but it's what we have to do. :)

Skype/Zoom/Facetime, etc.

Here is an interesting tidbit I picked up from Rush Limbaugh today, and he cited several sources for it. When we had the Swine Flu Outbreak in 2009, over 60 million people in the United States were treated for symptoms of that disease. I didn't catch the statistics for deaths caused by the Swine Flu, but my guess would be that 95% of these deaths involve people over 65 with ancillary health issues that compromise their immune systems, young people whose immune systems aren't fully developed, and people across the spectrum with medical problems with weak immune systems.

I don't know where numbers will come out on this virus, but I would be surprised if 60 million people contract this virus, but I would expect that the vast majority of deaths will be in those same 3 categories.

It's too early to tell where all this will end, but we may be overreacting to this problem and being overly cautious.
You lost me with Rush

Reactions: IU40IU
And the Masters and the 500 and the Kentucky Derby...?

the masters will likely (hopefully) go on as scheduled. It is not governed by the pga. They run their own show. Not saying they won’t cancel, but I the masters is it’s own entity. So it’s completely Up to Augusta at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT