ADVERTISEMENT

So when trump goes to jail

Does he still get Secret Service protection?
If your question is serious, then my serious answer is yes.

No state or federal agency truly controls the respective state or federal prisons. American prisons are no-man's lands. No ordinary convict can have any faith that he/she will be safe in prison. The authorities can not even guarantee the safety of prison guards.

I wouldn't care if Trump had to do time with Secret Service protection, so long as he had to obey all the other prisoner restrictions. Getting murdered in prison presently seems to be accepted as part of the sentence, and it shouldn't be.

If your question is serious, then my serious answer is yes.

No state or federal agency truly controls the respective state or federal prisons. American prisons are no-man's lands. No ordinary convict can have any faith that he/she will be safe in prison. The authorities can not even guarantee the safety of prison guards.

I wouldn't care if Trump had to do time with Secret Service protection, so long as he had to obey all the other prisoner restrictions. Getting murdered in prison presently seems to be accepted as part of the sentence, and it shouldn't be.
I was being both serious and a bit snarky. I didn't know if that would be eliminated upon a conviction. I'd feel bad for the agents.

Look what happened to Whitey Bulger, Trump has even more enemies, so yes he would need protection. Maybe they can create a new federal prison for the Trump team but it will need senior citizens services.

Look what happened to Whitey Bulger, Trump has even more enemies, so yes he would need protection. Maybe they can create a new federal prison for the Trump team but it will need senior citizens services.
Apparently, they've already started the selection of new prison uniforms.

4CAFE7FF00000578-5777555-image-a-125_1527454326539.jpg

Sure we will. We will actually go back to talking politics instead of the unfit , inept criminal some people put in office.
Yeah I'll bet.... I'm sure someone is forcing you to talk about Trump all the time. Of course if he was in jail you'd probably just start on Pence or any other Republican that happened to be in the office. You're a good example of what's wrong with this country because you think every Republican is bad and the enemy and every Democrat is good or at least better than any Republican.

Yeah I'll bet.... I'm sure someone is forcing you to talk about Trump all the time. Of course if he was in jail you'd probably just start on Pence or any other Republican that happened to be in the office. You're a good example of what's wrong with this country because you think every Republican is bad and the enemy and every Democrat is good or at least better than any Republican.

Yeah, she's a good example of what's wrong...not the fact that we have a criminal as prez, and a bunch of MRGA hat-wearers bending over backwards to defend him. :rolleyes:

Are you sure VPM didn't steal your password?

I'm sure this post will be deleted within the hour.

Nah man. We’re simply reminding people that what we are seeing isn’t OK. It’s not normal. I think he’s worn down a lot of folks, and what shouldn’t be normalized is often normalized. Because it’s exhausting to keep up with all the madness.

I’d MUCH rather debate policy. But it’s not as if the Trump administration doesn’t give us anything to talk about. It’s overwhelming.

I’m amazed at how many republicans take the position that somehow what’s going on is OK. The pub party is now the party of Trump. It’s a constant exercise in minimizing, and when that doesn’t work, ignoring at this point. That’s true for the large majority of the party at this point.

And yes, if a dem was behaving like Trump, I’d be all over that person as well.

It has ZERO to do with his party affiliation. I’ve been just as critical of both Obama and HRC when they’ve done things I don’t agree with in the past. It’s just that Trump is so far out of bounds. In just about everything.

Several of your republican brethren on here feel the same way the “lefties” feel. Only, they call it out.

Yeah, she's a good example of what's wrong...not the fact that we have a criminal as prez, and a bunch of MRGA hat-wearers bending over backwards to defend him. :rolleyes:

LOL! Yes, the shelf life of your post looks bleak. Mine under this thread got whacked for saying "the Aryan Brotherhood will have his back."

Nah man. We’re simply reminding people that what we are seeing isn’t OK. It’s not normal. I think he’s worn down a lot of folks, and what shouldn’t be normalized is often normalized. Because it’s exhausting to keep up with all the madness.

I’d MUCH rather debate policy. But it’s not as if the Trump administration doesn’t give us anything to talk about. It’s overwhelming.

I’m amazed at how many republicans take the position that somehow what’s going on is OK. The pub party is now the party of Trump. It’s a constant exercise in minimizing, and when that doesn’t work, ignoring at this point. That’s true for the large majority of the party at this point.

And yes, if a dem was behaving like Trump, I’d be all over that person as well.

It has ZERO to do with his party affiliation. I’ve been just as critical of both Obama and HRC when they’ve done things I don’t agree with in the past. It’s just that Trump is so far out of bounds. In just about everything.

Several of your republican brethren on here feel the same way the “lefties” feel. Only, they call it out.
Well Trump is an arrogant a$$hole and I'd never support him and don't like him. However, we could discuss policies and what we should and shouldn't do without his personality being the main subject of the thread. There's only so much you can say and then it's just repetition of the same old stuff. I like to read a good thread even if I don't agree with the posters. If I catch a thread early enough and someone brings Trump into it when there's no reason to bring him into it then I delete the post because I want to read the discussion..... not more posts about Trump being an arrogant a$$hole and all the other stuff (I already know that).

Reactions: Shuski

There are very very few posters on this forum that defend him. You want to make defending a policy position the same thing as defending him and it's not. I was not Obama fan but there were certain things that he did that I liked and I would defend those position. For example..... I always thought our embargo of Cuba was just plain stupid.... especially dragging on so long so I was very happy to see him end that. The embargo only hurt the normal people down there and didn't hurt the politicians. That's just one thing where I thought Obama did good. He was also very tough on the terrorists... another good policy that I fully supported.

Trump probably is a criminal so we had a choice between two criminals.

Reactions: All4You

This might carry more weight, NPT, if you had told some of the folks who constantly do the reverse from the opposite side of the aisle anything near your "You're a good example of what's wrong with this country" criticism of zeke. I've watched irongreenbossierpromenade howl about evil libs and corrupt dems for years and have seen nary a peep from you. That kind of takes the wind out of your centry-centrist sails. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Bill4411
This might carry more weight, NPT, if you had told some of the folks who constantly do the reverse from the opposite side of the aisle anything near your "You're a good example of what's wrong with this country" criticism of zeke. I've watched irongreenbossierpromenade howl about evil libs and corrupt dems for years and have seen nary a peep from you. That kind of takes the wind out of your centry-centrist sails. :rolleyes:

This criticism also fails to account for the countless posters who rountinely run down a private citizen grandmother living in upstate New York. However calling out the sitting POTUS is the problem.

lol What planet are you from again? Name one conservative politician liberals have been demonizing for the last 2+ decades, a la Hillary or Pelosi. You guys think long term, gotta hand you that.

I'd rather say ignorance is what's wrong with this country. Ignorance happens to be one-size-fits-all-ignoramuses.

You haven’t read this board if that is what you think. There are many Republicans in the past that have been good and some that I have voted for. Right now? Not so much. They care less about the crimes committed by Trump. Orrin Hatch and Lindsey Graham are perfect examples of the hypocrisy and spineless ness of today’s GOP. Perhaps you are what is wrong with this country in that you come up with a conclusion with no evidence at all.

Doesn't have to go to jail. Take away his phone and his TV and rule there can be no cameras around him and he'll be in Hell. Won't need a jail ....
The Better idea is to send him to Russia, preferably somewhere in northern Siberia.
That way, he will be in the same country with his buddy, Putin! I am sure Putin will accommodate him comfortably with the sexiest Russian prostitutes.;)

There are very very few posters on this forum that defend him. You want to make defending a policy position the same thing as defending him and it's not. I was not Obama fan but there were certain things that he did that I liked and I would defend those position. For example..... I always thought our embargo of Cuba was just plain stupid.... especially dragging on so long so I was very happy to see him end that. The embargo only hurt the normal people down there and didn't hurt the politicians. That's just one thing where I thought Obama did good. He was also very tough on the terrorists... another good policy that I fully supported.

Actually, I wasn't talking about posters on this forum...I was referring to the unbelievable % of wing nuts across the country who still do defend him.

Your arguments about being tired of reading posts focusing on Trump's vile personality vs. policies is rendered irrelevant by the fact that the title of this thread should have tipped you off about the topic and the probable focus of the posts within.

And let's not forget that in this thread that was obviously about Trump the criminal prez, you actually said that someone who is complaining about Trump's criminal behavior is more harmful to the country, as opposed to, oh, I don't know, Trump's criminal behavior.

Finally, I see you just couldn't help yourself from ending with a not so subtle "Yabbut" aimed at Clinton. Well played. :rolleyes:

Edited to fix grammar and syntax

Last edited:
Reactions: Circlejoe
[QUOTE="Bulk VanderHuge, post: 2546317, member: 57269" Finally, I see you just couldn't help yourself from ending with a not so subtle "Yabbut" aimed at Clinton. Well played. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

NPT just lost any credibility for his "concerns" by adding that last line. NPT says he's never supported Trump. Then firmly plants himself in Trump's camp. It's no longer even funny to watch Trump supporters, who are embarrassed daily by their leader, try to distance themselves from their votes. Now it's all about "let's focus on policy" and "let's stop giving attention to his behavior". Then they turn around and start chanting "lock her up". Pathetic.

[QUOTE="Bulk VanderHuge, post: 2546317, member: 57269" Finally, I see you just couldn't help yourself from ending with a not so subtle "Yabbut" aimed at Clinton. Well played. :rolleyes:

NPT just lost any credibility for his "concerns" by adding that last line. NPT says he's never supported Trump. Then firmly plants himself in Trump's camp. It's no longer even funny to watch Trump supporters, who are embarrassed daily by their leader, try to distance themselves from their votes. Now it's all about "let's focus on policy" and "let's stop giving attention to his behavior". Then they turn around and start chanting "lock her up". Pathetic.
Shorter NPT: Both sides do it but the Dems are always worse. (Even when Dems don't do it...)

Good grief people.... lighten up a bit. I liked @NPT post, as it was clearly a joke. And in every good joke there is a bit of truth.

There isn't much "debate" on this forum because there is very little to debate. That's all he was poking fun towards.

Trump sucks and is a terrible person and even worse President... many (most) people here agree with that. But hell, I've been saying that for 3+ years now.... after a while it gets stale and boring. I mean, how many times can it be repeated?

The most consequential policy action his admin is taking is the Chinese trade war. But most people's eyes glaze over when that is discussed.

Good grief people.... lighten up a bit. I liked @NPT post, as it was clearly a joke. And in every good joke there is a bit of truth.

There isn't much "debate" on this forum because there is very little to debate. That's all he was poking fun towards.

Trump sucks and is a terrible person and even worse President... many (most) people here agree with that. But hell, I've been saying that for 3+ years now.... after a while it gets stale and boring. I mean, how many times can it be repeated?

The most consequential policy action his admin is taking is the Chinese trade war. But most people's eyes glaze over when that is discussed.

Sorry, twenty...you might have a point if it weren't for,

You're a good example of what's wrong with this country because you think every Republican is bad and the enemy and every Democrat is good or at least better than any Republican.

I didn't see anyone complaining much about the post you liked. It was the one that followed that was problematic.

Actually, there are a shit ton of posters on this forum that defend him.

Sorry, twenty...you might have a point if it weren't for,

I didn't see anyone complaining much about the post you liked. It was the one that followed that was problematic.
That's because if someone makes a remark in jest (I put the icon after it to show that) then someone has to take a defensive position (Zeke) and start attacking. Just about everyone on here takes everything way to serious. It's just an amusement place to me but there are occasions where there are good discussions on something that I really like to read. As much as I disagree with Rock on most things he's put some really good stuff on here and I actually have some of his references bookmarked.

Actually, there are a shit ton of posters on this forum that defend him.
There are a few that defend him personally but most do not condone his way of operating but that doesn't mean you can't agree with some of his goals and policies.

I figure you would put me in that group that support him even though I've never defended him as a person and never voted for him but have defended some of his position on issues.

Thats the issue NPT. You showed what I failed to say clearly.

Trump is an ACTUAL criminal. And monster. The guy is going to wish he never ran for president before this is all over. It put a spotlight on his criminality.

Hillary (& Bill) have been targets of a right wing smear campaign for decades. Literally decades. And outside of BILL Clinton admitting to perjury (about a BJ) & being disbarred, they’re unscathed, And despite all the investigations, they’re clear in terms of criminality. And Bill wasn’t running for President.

Contrast that with Trump. It’s pretty clear that he cheated massively on his taxes for decades, is currently facing several criminal charges re: campaign finance violations (which matter- we’re talking about acts that factored into the presidential election). And, his tax returns will be examined very thoroughly. It’s clear based on past reporting/records that his business was heavily involved in money laundering with foreign entities (namely Russians). Basically, he’s as dirty as they come.

Possible impeachment is probably the LEAST of his worries. Because, as you said, he’s (probably) a criminal (he will be soon). He has zero moral compass, and he’s also a liar like we’ve never seen before (they invented the bottomless Pinocchio just for him).

The false equivalency that you and others apparently still hang on to is absolutely what enabled him to come in and wreak havoc on our systems and institutions. The media is also complicit. It’s crazy to me that you and several others looked at both candidates, concluded they were equally bad, and went with Trump.

It’s like a I told my wife when the election happened. Both candidates were chit sandwiches. But one had a few rabbit turds in it, and the other was overflowing with the slimy kind of chit that was scraped from the bottom of a port-a-pottie. After a huge music festival.

The first is awful, if you ever had to eat one. But the other is much, much worse. And that’s based on objective facts- not conjecture.

Now, I will be the first to say that Clinton was a really chitty candidate. I did back then. But Trump was and is just flat out dangerous and incompetent. You may not like Clinton, but she would’ve been competent. And she’s not a criminal- despite many investigations trying to show that she is. I don’t see Trump dating as well as the Clintons did once the investigations around him conclude.

Hopefully this helps you understand the left’s outrage with Trump. It’s grounded in reality. He IS a danger to our country, and the after effects of his presidency will haunt us for a long time after he's gone.

That's because if someone makes a remark in jest (I put the icon after it to show that) then someone has to take a defensive position (Zeke) and start attacking. Just about everyone on here takes everything way to serious. It's just an amusement place to me but there are occasions where there are good discussions on something that I really like to read. As much as I disagree with Rock on most things he's put some really good stuff on here and I actually have some of his references bookmarked.
I see no icon and it certainly doesn’t read as if it was said in jest. That’s like so many people say something offensive and then when called on it, try to back off by saying, lighten up just a joke. Not buying it.

I see no icon and it certainly doesn’t read as if it was said in jest. That’s like so many people say something offensive and then when called on it, try to back off by saying, lighten up just a joke. Not buying it.
I don't really care whether you buy it or not and really don't care what you think of me. But for your reading comprehension here's my exact post "If he goes to jail this forum will die.... 90% of the posters won't have anything to talk about.:p". See the little pink icon at the end.

I don't really care whether you buy it or not and really don't care what you think of me. But for your reading comprehension here's my exact post "If he goes to jail this forum will die.... 90% of the posters won't have anything to talk about.:p". See the little pink icon at the end.
I was talking about your other last line, about me being what’s wrong with the country.

We didn't have a "choice between two criminals". We had a choice between one criminal and one not criminal. There is no equivalence between Trump and pretty much any candidate for President since, perhaps, Harding.

We didn't have a "choice between two criminals". We had a choice between one criminal and one not criminal. There is no equivalence between Trump and pretty much any candidate for President since, perhaps, Harding.

This is the “Trump lies but all politicians lie” false equivalency. When one lies more than any other politician ever has in the history of US politics, there is objectively no equal.

Reactions: MaxCoke
This is the “Trump lies but all politicians lie” false equivalency. When one lies more than any other politician ever has in the history of US politics, there is objectively no equal.
On one side of the scale is a ten-ton weight. On the other side is a feather. Trump’s apologists claim the scale balances because there’s something on each side.

It is the lies + campaign crimes + Russian collusion + money laundering + sexual assault + obstruction of justice + ...

On one side of the scale is a ten-ton weight. On the other side is a feather. Trump’s apologists claim the scale balances because there’s something on each side.

Unfortunately the media hasn’t been much better with this weird desire to remain fair and balanced when there is nothing remotely symmetrical about politics today.

Reactions: Rockfish1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT