ADVERTISEMENT

So Today's "Presidential Briefing" should be interesting...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Yesterday was the first one of these I've actually watched a portion of. I tuned in to watch local (Indy) ABC prior to the National news, so I caught Trump berating the reporters for their "lack of positive tone"-

Words fail me-literally. Up until then I had only seen media recaps, and haven't felt the need to subject myself to the daily Trump Campaign Rally. However, today may just be "must see tv",and could involve more fireworks than the 4th of July and New Year's Eve combined...

I think most of us "assumed" this, but now it's out in the open...

"President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.

In addition, Sanofi’s largest shareholders include a mutual fund company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said. Trump’s three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the Times reported."

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-stake-company-hydroxychloroquine-112913777.html

I know he attacked at least two reporters who dare to ask him questions about why we weren’t prepared with supplies. I loved him calling the head of the White House Corps third rate and told him he’d never make it. The. Asking an Asian woman repeatedly if she was from China. Anyone who can watch this and truly think this man is who they want representing our country is beyond hope. George Conway yesterday: He’s 100% insane and nobody in the administration has the balls to tell him that. I’m beginning to think the Apprentice guy is correct, he does look like he’s on something when he does these. One more: at some point in a relationship with a narcissistic psychopath you realize either
Experts, war heroes, career law enforcement, lifelong public servants, exposing the psychopath are crazy , immoral , and dishonest.
OR
It’s the psychopath who is crazy, immoral, and dishonest.

Yesterday was the first one of these I've actually watched a portion of. I tuned in to watch local (Indy) ABC prior to the National news, so I caught Trump berating the reporters for their "lack of positive tone"-

Words fail me-literally. Up until then I had only seen media recaps, and haven't felt the need to subject myself to the daily Trump Campaign Rally. However, today may just be "must see tv",and could involve more fireworks than the 4th of July and New Year's Eve combined...

"President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.

In addition, Sanofi’s largest shareholders include a mutual fund company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said. Trump’s three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the Times reported."

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-stake-company-hydroxychloroquine-112913777.html

I don't know how much I own. Listen, I'm a very successful business man. I have been for many, many years. I own stakes in hundreds of companies, maybe thousands. My interest in drugs of this nature goes back many, many years. many years. it's why i'm uniquely qualified to win this war. and guess what. we're winning. we're winning. no body said we could do it. 180 countries are fighting this war. and they're losing. and it's very, very sad. but we're winning. and we're going to fill those big beautiful stadiums very, very soon. much sooner than anyone thought. what? the drug? again what do you have to lose. take it. if you don't want to. don't. next question.

Asking an Asian woman repeatedly if she was from China.

Link?

I heard Trump ask if a reporter worked for China or a China-owned news outlet. That was perfectly legitimate given that China lied about its negligence and indifference that set this whole thing off. If she was using the White House briefing to advance Chinese interests, she should be exposed. When she answered in the negative, Trump said "good".

Hasn't' this drug been shown to improve and in some cases cure certain individuals with Covid? My understanding is that the drug has been around for a long time and is now produced in "generic" form making it extremely inexpensive so why wouldn't we try it on every individual with the virus? I am saying try with the consent of a Doctor.

It is a real stretch to say this was being done for financial gain, but I guess when you grasp at straws you grasp at straws. Personally I could care less if one many made a trillion dollars selling a drug that could combat this disease, but I don't think this was the idea when this drug was first tried on patients with some success. I can tell you without doubt that if I acquire the virus I am demanding they try it on me, what the hell can it hurt?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
...what the hell can it hurt?

People using the drug for rheumatoid arthritis or for lupus have strict guidelines on doses to use to avoid serious heart problems or vision problems.

A few studies suggest it shows a benefit vs. COVID-19, and a few others suggest that it does not.

If I were a doctor and wanted to tout a good result, I'd give it to my 10 youngest patients with the lightest. symptoms. Then when all 10 survive, I'd claim victory. Never mind that all 10 would have survived with a sugar pill, with ice cream, or with a banana stuck up their poop chute.

People using the drug for rheumatoid arthritis or for lupus have strict guidelines on doses to use to avoid serious heart problems or vision problems.

A few studies suggest it shows a benefit vs. COVID-19, and a few others suggest that it does not.

If I were a doctor and wanted to tout a good result, I'd give it to my 10 youngest patients with the lightest. symptoms. Then when all 10 survive, I'd claim victory. Never mind that all 10 would have survived with a sugar pill, with ice cream, or with a banana stuck up their poop chute.

I'm told by some very brilliant people who most of you don't understand but I do because it's been said that I have big hands that banana chute therapy is showing some very promising results. ;)

Lol, you are the spin doctor of all spin doctors. I did say at a Doctor's advice, but if it would help me and a Dr. told me it could help I would take it If it works more and more will you continue to be a "negative Nancy"?

Last edited:
Lol, you are the spin doctor of all spin doctors. I did say at a Doctor's advice, but if it would help me and a Dr. told me it could help I would take it If it works more and more will you continue to be a "negative Nancy"?

Yeah, sure you're a veritable "Positive Pete". :rolleyes:

If a doctor told you that they would advise against you using it, would you listen to them or would you go look for a doctor who would let you use it?

However, today may just be "must see tv",and could involve more fireworks than the 4th of July and New Year's Eve combined...
Keep us posted. I had to change the channel when he came on. I'm just not capable of stomaching him anymore.

Reactions: tooold4

In addition, Sanofi’s largest shareholders include a mutual fund company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said. Trump’s three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a mutual fun
d whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the Times reported."

What press briefing? He now give press briefings? Oh, did u mean ranting?
From the description, it sounds like a commercial for the company whose stocks he owns. As the president, is he allowed to do so?

No, it shouldn’t be interesting. It should be a brief briefing and that’s it.

Yeah, sure you're a veritable "Positive Pete". :rolleyes:

If a doctor told you that they would advise against you using it, would you listen to them or would you go look for a doctor who would let you use it?
I would listen, but from what I have been reading that is typically not the case. But if the drug could have a really negative effect on me then I would not take it, again that is not what is being said about the drug so why not give it a try? Sincerely your friend "Positive Pete" :)

The virus maybe genius. But I bet any money it won't out smart our stable one.

2020 Death match: Chinese genius versus Stable variety

#trump2020

Last edited:

lol.gif
lol.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT