ADVERTISEMENT

So this new health care bill

how pathetic.

you all, (Goat too, didn't mean to leave him out), pretend that you seek a solution to the problem, but none of you seek that in the slightest.

you debate not to seek the answer, or truth, or a solution to anything, but just to perpetually keep the debate and the "us vs them" scheme going.

i've given all of you the solution several times now.

none of you has so much as responded to what i've proposed, even though none of you can find fault with it. (if you think you can, give it your best shot).

you're all here just to eternally perpetuate the debate, not actually solve the problem that not only affects our entire national healthcare situation, but our jobs situation, our wage situation, and our competitive balance in world economy situation, at the same time.

well, i did solve it, and you all totally ignore said solution as if it never happened, because solving anything isn't why you're here.

in fact, your purpose is the exact opposite of solving anything.

you must be so proud of that.

I read your plan. I responded.

You are truly a genius.

With all the policy think tanks, policy writers, PhDs, industry experts, HC orgs, journalists and other academics failing to solve the single largest issue in our economy....who would have thought we could have found the solution right here on these pages.

I let the NYT, WaPo, Politico, Vox, Weekly Standard, AEI, HuffPO, TNR, Daily Kos, Salon, Breitbart and Forbes all in on the breakthrough tomorrow.

Thank you for saving America!

Because Republicans want to finance a large tax cut for the wealthy by taking health insurance away from ordinary Americans, and (thankfully) there just aren't any takers among Democrats. Republicans don't care about health care policy, nor do they care about he hoi polloi who can't get health care.

orb-cookery-fritolaysia-new-aca-replacement-looks-promising-eaker-gov-more-17566222.png

FWIW...this bill leaves all the ACA taxes in place. At least that's how I understand it (beyond the mandate penalties).

FWIW...this bill leaves all the ACA taxes in place. At least that's how I understand it (beyond the mandate penalties).
So they're just f#cking the ordinary people without getting anything for themselves? They're pulling hundreds of billions of dollars out of health care support payments. Is it their intention, do you suppose, to apply this against the deficit?

In fairness to your post, though, I've not yet had a chance to determine how much better or worse this POS is from all the preceding Republican POSs on health care. Nor, by design, is it possible for any informed analysis to take place before it comes time to vote on the latest travestshamockery -- which is what it assuredly is. But I will have to learn more about the latest excrement, so I can criticize it more effectively. You're right about that.

I will say again, though: Republicans don't care about health care policy. They don't care how many people this legislation will harm. They don't care what the numbers are. They will vote to f#ck ordinary people because that is what the tribe is doing, so that is who they are.

You are truly a genius.

With all the policy think tanks, policy writers, PhDs, industry experts, HC orgs, journalists and other academics failing to solve the single largest issue in our economy....who would have thought we could have found the solution right here on these pages.

I let the NYT, WaPo, Politico, Vox, Weekly Standard, AEI, HuffPO, TNR, Daily Kos, Salon, Breitbart and Forbes all in on the breakthrough tomorrow.

and where is this response you claim you made?

I will say again, though: Republicans don't care about health care policy. They don't care how many people this legislation will harm. They don't care what the numbers are. They will vote to f#ck ordinary people because that is what the tribe is doing, so that is who they are.

nor do Dems care.

both sides of the isle already know the answer to this problem, and neither will pursue the solution that's already been shown to them by the rest of the world.

nor apparently do you seem to care, so you too seem content to "f#ck ordinary people", as you know the solution as well, but like the other sock puppets who also don't care, doing the bidding of their puppeteers rather than the greater good, only want to keep the "us vs them" thing going, instead of pushing for the already shown and already known far better solution.

Last edited:
nor do Dems care.

both sides of the isle already know the answer to this problem, and neither will pursue the solution that's already been shown to them by the rest of the world.

nor apparently do you seem to care, as you know the solution as well, but like the other sock puppets doing the bidding of their puppeteers, only want to keep the "us vs them" thing going, instead of pushing for the already shown and already known far better solution.
Maybe we could get single-payer health care by launching a missile strike against congressional Republicans.

Reactions: RBB89
So they're just f#cking the ordinary people without getting anything for themselves? They're pulling hundreds of billions of dollars out of health care support payments. Is it their intention, do you suppose, to apply this against the deficit?

In fairness to your post, though, I've not yet had a chance to determine how much better or worse this POS is from all the preceding Republican POSs on health care. Nor, by design, is it possible for any informed analysis to take place before it comes time to vote on the latest travestshamockery -- which is what it assuredly is. But I will have to learn more about the latest excrement, so I can criticize it more effectively. You're right about that.

It's a reallocation of money between states. 15 will see a decent amount more money....the rest will see cuts.

Like every other GOP proposal this year (or for that matter over the last decade), it's a total sham. It's a political bill, not a real policy solution to real problems.

The GOP isn't a serious party interested in serious solutions.

Well, the taxes would stay in place. A lot of the federal stipulations would as well. But the bulk of the insurance machinery would go to the states with block grants.

That's not where I'd like us to get. But it's better than where we are and likely opens the door down the road to bipartisan healthcare policy.

What happens when the grants don't keep up with th ever rising cost of healthcare services? Who gets their benefits cut first? The children your party claims to care about? The working poor? Elderly people in nursing homes? Who?

Oh, and what happens when a democratic president is in office, but your party has either the house or senate and you guys suddenly care about the national debt and deficits again? How much are these block grants going to be cut?

You are truly a genius.

Remember, he also found the solution to the Kim Jong-Un problem.

I don't remember . Is assasinating Kim the answer to this one? Sorry, but I guess I don't remember reading your posts on this, seriously.
how completely disingenuous of you to pick on i'vegotwinners.

gooble google goo goo ca goo.

people read his stuff type type word word something something goo goo sometimes.

and you all understood type type exactly nothing of what he said because he said goop goop gaga and something.

you didn't respond because you're mean goo goo wooop woop to him to expect English gabooboo from geeeep.

you need to seriously up your game or wa wa wa wah.

it's beyond bizarre that you think we can't kill zippy dippy do whenever we want.

Last edited:
Like every other GOP proposal this year (or for that matter over the last decade), it's a total sham. It's a political bill, not a real policy solution to real problems.

The GOP isn't a serious party interested in serious solutions.
From Axios:

Senate Republicans are on the verge of passing a sweeping health care bill not only without knowing what's in it, but without particularly caring. The political abstraction of "Obamacare" — and the seven years of promises to "repeal Obamacare" — have almost totally overshadowed even the broad strokes of policy, much less the details.

The bottom line: The repeal-and-replace bill sponsored by Sens. Lindsey Graham and Bill Cassidy is gaining steam because it has the appearance of gaining steam — not because of the changes it would make. "If there was an oral exam on the contents of the proposal, graded on a generous curve, only two Republicans could pass it. And one of them isn't Lindsey Graham," a senior GOP aide told Caitlin.

The big picture: The ACA had all sorts of unanticipated quirks and unintended consequences — and Democrats spent almost a year working on it. A bill written in a couple weeks, whose scope is even bigger than the ACA's, is sure to have some, too. And yet, many rank-and-file Republicans have barely reckoned with the very big things the bill would do intentionally.
  • "I am just in shock how no one actually cares about the policy any more," one GOP lobbyist told Caitlin.
The bottom line: "'You could do a post office renaming and call it "repeal-replace" and 48 Republican senators would vote for it sight unseen,' the GOP aide said."

Reactions: MrBing and twenty02
From Axios:

Senate Republicans are on the verge of passing a sweeping health care bill not only without knowing what's in it, but without particularly caring. The political abstraction of "Obamacare" — and the seven years of promises to "repeal Obamacare" — have almost totally overshadowed even the broad strokes of policy, much less the details.

The bottom line: The repeal-and-replace bill sponsored by Sens. Lindsey Graham and Bill Cassidy is gaining steam because it has the appearance of gaining steam — not because of the changes it would make. "If there was an oral exam on the contents of the proposal, graded on a generous curve, only two Republicans could pass it. And one of them isn't Lindsey Graham," a senior GOP aide told Caitlin.

The big picture: The ACA had all sorts of unanticipated quirks and unintended consequences — and Democrats spent almost a year working on it. A bill written in a couple weeks, whose scope is even bigger than the ACA's, is sure to have some, too. And yet, many rank-and-file Republicans have barely reckoned with the very big things the bill would do intentionally.
  • "I am just in shock how no one actually cares about the policy any more," one GOP lobbyist told Caitlin.
The bottom line: "'You could do a post office renaming and call it "repeal-replace" and 48 Republican senators would vote for it sight unseen,' the GOP aide said."
Vox asked several Senators to explain how the current bill would improve the health care system. None of them had the first clue. My favorite explanation came from Pat Roberts:

Jeff Stein
Senator, I wanted to ask you for a policy-based explanation for why you’re moving forward with the Graham-Cassidy proposal. What problems will this solve in the health care system?

Pat Roberts
That — that is the last stage out of Dodge City.

Jeff Stein
I’m just trying to explain to our readers what the policy —

Pat Roberts
What readers? Who do you represent?

Jeff Stein
It’s a website called Vox.

Pat Roberts
... [Graham-Cassidy] is the last stage out of Dodge City. I’m from Dodge City. So it’s the last stage out to do anything. Restoring decision-making back to the states is always a good idea, but this is not the best possible bill — this is the best bill possible under the circumstances.

If we do nothing, I think it has a tremendous impact on the 2018 elections. And whether or not Republicans still maintain control and we have the gavel.

Jeff Stein
But why does this bill make things better for Americans? How does it help?

Pat Roberts
Pardon me?

Jeff Stein
Why does this make things better? What is this doing?

Pat Roberts
Look, we’re in the back seat of a convertible being driven by Thelma and Louise, and we’re headed toward the canyon. That’s a movie that you’ve probably never seen —

Jeff Stein
I do know Thelma and Louise, sir.

Pat Roberts
So we have to get out of the car, and you have to have a car to get into, and this is the only car there is.
They don't give a shit, and they aren't even pretending to.

From Axios:

The problem we now face us that the GOP made a political decision to turn a fairly innocuous health bill into a combination of Charles Manson, Pol Pot, and idi Amin. It worked, Americans hated Obamacare while somehow liking ACA.

But in making Obamacare out to be the worst monster ever, the Republicans have destroyed their ability to maneuver. They cannot use new taxes of any variety to increase coverage. They appear completely unable to do anything about pre existing conditions except assume all pre existing conditions are caused by some bad behavior that needs crushed (and we know what Limbaugh looked like, do all Republicans think they look like Olympic distance runners).

Simply put, the Republican leadership has put themselves into a position that they cannot even attempt to improve access to health care. They created a monster they cannot control. Since greater access to healthcare is priority 1 for Democrats, I do not see how any bipartisan attempt is possible. No Republican will survive a primary with any bill that increases the number covered.

All because they had no real response to a plan that the Dems stole components from Richard Nixon and the Heritage Foundation.

From Axios:

I have lunch occasionally with a lawyer friend....he works on advising the state (IN) on HC policy....particularly HIP 2.0....and how federal legislation would impact the state's funding, mandates, etc...

I last talked with him after the debacle in July. He has said basically what I have here. That the federal GOP does not actually have HC policy solutions.....they are only interested in a political 'W'....policy is irrelevant. And that was legislation that was much less a dramatic change of course compared with this latest bill.

The current Republican party is intellectually bankrupt. Even looking at their tax strategy, they are ideologically stuck in the 1980s.

Reactions: Zizkov
From Axios:

It is a YUGE mess and I wouldn't think they had a chance to pass it but I could be wrong. Something is different this time and it's not about the bill which is still crap. It's about the momentum they seem to have this time. I don't understand how they got it.

This is an awful bill. Also every state would have their own system which would jack up the cost even more for the various insurance companies.

I think if you gave all the states the extra Medicaid money as if they expanded it you might be able to work out a compromise that improved things, but this is really just gutting Medicaid and killing the expansion.

Read something this morning about how Obamacare was studied, scored, and discussed for a year. And there were still many results and consequences no one could predict. Can you imagine the consequences of a hastily put together, unscored bill like this?

Because the Democrats (as well as the Republicans) will have to dislike the status quo to do that in any meaningful way.

What makes you think that Republicans will defend the imperfect status quo they own in a different way than Democrats defend the imperfect status quo they own? Or that Democrats will behave differently when in power than Republicans currently are? What you are suggesting is just flipping roles, but instead of GOP politicians suffering for messing things up by making bad promises to their supporters, poor and sick people suffer.

I'm sympathetic that this isn't something in the abstract. But political realities are realities too.

So, what you're suggesting is that you are sympathetic to the suffering of folks losing their insurance coverage and that people who oppose the changes that will make that happen should be sympathetic to the political suffering of Republicans in Congress? That's barbaric.

I'd like us to get to C. We're at A right now. It's ok that there will be a B.

That's a misread of the, "They got us from point A to point B, but we need somebody to get us to C" colloquialism. B and C are points along the same line, so B is a step further in the direction (an improvement) you want to go. A better comparison here would be, "This policy gets us from A to kumquat, but we need bipartisan policy to get us from kumquat to C." And it's silliness to suggest that is the best way to get to C.

The bottom line is that the GOP plan is awful, but you're okay with this awful as opposed to what you perceive as Obamacare awful because the GOP made a political bed it doesn't want to lie in.

Last edited:
This new bill is for the birds. That link uses birds to show where we were, where we are under ACA, and where the new bill would take us. I cannot see how my Republican friends fail to see it is a step backwards.

The GOP cares about the big donors i.e., Koch et plus who demand that the big tax breaks and that losers (i.e., the 99% of us who get screwed) won't cause the truly wealthy to have wait in line for the best care.

The GOP cares about the big donors i.e., Koch et plus who demand that the big tax breaks and that losers (i.e., the 99% of us who get screwed) won't cause the truly wealthy to have wait in line for the best care.

I read yesterday (was it here?) that the Kochs said they will put in 400 million (I think that's the right number) into helping the GOP get elected only if they get rid of Obamacare and do tax reform.

That's why they don't care if they screw people. They want the moolah. Plus, luckily for them, their base is full of low-info morons who just want cheer that "victory" (especially since they haven't "gotten sick of winning" yet) even if it makes things far worse.

I read yesterday (was it here?) that the Kochs said they will put in 400 million (I think that's the right number) into helping the GOP get elected only if they get rid of Obamacare and do tax reform.

That's why they don't care if they screw people. They want the moolah. Plus, luckily for them, their base is full of low-info morons who just want cheer that "victory" (especially since they haven't "gotten sick of winning" yet) even if it makes things far worse.

The Kochs are libertarian. Eventually they will succeed in their goal of converting the GOP to the new libertarian party. When they succeed, do old school Republicans leave for some other party? Or do they adjust to libertarian?

interesting article this morning in the Indy Star regarding Indiana Hospital costs, and costs for most non Medicare patients vs Medicare patients.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/09/20/indiana-hospital-prices-outpatient-care-shockingly-high-rand-report-says/671262001/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

the problem isn't the insurance companies, it's the price healthcare providers charge.

there is only one way to fix that. the answer is known. and is an easy fix were it not for the moneyed interests control of govt.

how pathetic that so many here knowingly and deliberately lobby so hard against an already known solution, that would not only help things drastically on the healthcare front, but on jobs and wages as well.

also beyond pathetic how both branches of the Wall Street party, (and their respective social media armies), are willing to work in unison to keep healthcare bankrupting the country, while killing jobs in the process.

the world knows the solution. both parties know the solution. both parties' sock puppets know the solution. and all do their part in making sure that solution never even makes it's way into the discussion, let alone gets implemented.

"perverted" doesn't even begin to describe things.

you all must be so proud of yourselves..

You are truly a genius.

He's not only an econ genius but the premier military strategist on the planet. "Send a sniper" - if only Sun Tzu would have thought of that every war could have ended with a single shot.

If you really want to read genius read his experimental poetry on basketball and recruiting. Absolutely mind blowing ..

He's not only an econ genius but the premier military strategist on the planet. "Send a sniper" - if only Sun Tzu would have thought of that every war could have ended with a single shot.

If you really want to read genius read his experimental poetry on basketball and recruiting. Absolutely mind blowing ..
He's the only one who understands that we'd be better off with single-payer health care. Those of us who think the path from here to there might be politically difficult are just the sort of small brains who don't understand how easy it would be to resolve the intractable problems on the Korean Peninsula. Only vast conspiracies could possibly explain why all this hasn't already been resolved.

The Dems are reflexively defensive because the GOP is making repeal a prerequisite to any of the meaningful reform you claim to want. Why not just skip that step, and start working together on a long-term solution now?
The dems had that chance and decided they would go it alone and here we are. This is not the Pubs problem but as usual the dems act like it is. Let it burn to the ground and let the dems own it. If only they would have read the bill before passing it.

He's the only one who understands that we'd be better off with single-payer health care. Those of us who think the path from here to there might be politically difficult are just the sort of small brains who don't understand how easy it would be to resolve the intractable problems on the Korean Peninsula. Only vast conspiracies could possibly explain why all this hasn't already been resolved.

Simple solutions for simple people.

Underestimating the Herculean political effort required for the ACA, even something as relatively incremental as it was (90% of Americans were impacted only incidentally), shows a total naivete of the American political system.....a system that was established to be extremely deliberative....and move at a snail's pace.

"The world is grey, Jack"

original.jpg

Last edited:
The dems had that chance and decided they would go it alone and here we are. This is not the Pubs problem but as usual the dems act like it is. Let it burn to the ground and let the dems own it. If only they would have read the bill before passing it.
That's just a flat out lie. The bill that became the ACA was crafted in bipartisan meetings and based on previous bipartisan proposals. And some point, McConnell decreed that no Republican could support it, because he didn't want the Dems to claim it had been a bipartisan effort, even though it very much had. All the GOP Senators got in line, including those who had voted for and even sponsored similar bills previously. The only reason the Dems "own" this is because the GOP despicably abdicated the responsibility of governing so that they could use the bill as a campaign issue.

That's just a flat out lie. The bill that became the ACA was crafted in bipartisan meetings and based on previous bipartisan proposals. And some point, McConnell decreed that no Republican could support it, because he didn't want the Dems to claim it had been a bipartisan effort, even though it very much had. All the GOP Senators got in line, including those who had voted for and even sponsored similar bills previously. The only reason the Dems "own" this is because the GOP despicably abdicated the responsibility of governing so that they could use the bill as a campaign issue.

correct.

big healthcare and big pharma wrote the ACA with blessings from legislators and party heads they owned on both sides of the isle.

The lie is that any pubs wrote the bill. It was five of the most liberal jack wagons anywhere that wrote it. And not one pub supported it. Sure there were pubs "involved" with meetings and proposals but not one damn thing was in the law that pubs wanted. To suggest pubs had a hand in it is comical. But not surprising from someone looking to cast blame.

The lie is that any pubs wrote the bill. It was five of the most liberal jack wagons anywhere that wrote it. And not one pub supported it. Sure there were pubs "involved" with meetings and proposals but not one damn thing was in the law that pubs wanted. To suggest pubs had a hand in it is comical. But not surprising from someone looking to cast blame.
Looking to caste blame? Ha! That's you. I'm just calling you a liar. Which you are.

It is simple, Republicans as a whole wanted NO reform. They still want NO reform, hence their inability to pass anything now. If a party accepts as its core premise that DC cannot ever do anything right, than it follows I am correct. The Democrats stole ACA from the Heritage Foundation and Richard Nixon. And yet zero Republicans supported it. Proof that the GOP does not want any reform.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier

Your lack of HC policy knowledge is very well noted.

In reality, the backbone structure of the ACA was the's GOP's health care policy platform for about 2 decades.

If you bothered to ever research it.

Republicans as a whole wanted NO reform. They still want NO reform,

What are you talking about Marv? Do you have a link? I don't think your assertion is true at all. As I recall the polling, the GOP was and is strongly in favor of coverage for pre-existing conditions in the individual markets. Isn't that reform?

Maybe we have a semantic issue with "reform". In any important way, the ACA is not reform either. It specifically continues, and in fact makes stronger, some of the historic weaknesses of the system. Chief among those is the fee-for-service model for delivery of health care. Currently, all the cries for "reform" involve SINGLE PAYER, as if that will magically fix all that ails us. Nah. Single payer is still fee for service--with its inherent tension causing over charging, over utilization, and fraud.

There are many different genuine reform approaches. Capitation plans like Medicare Part C and Kaiser Permante; vouchers like food stamps; assigned risk pools like mandated car insurance and many state plans for pre-existing coverages; publicly provided care like VA and local public health services; regulated monopolies like utilities and similar to German health care; and even the ACA with its mandated participation, mandated coverages and messy cost distribution. The answer probably lies in a combination--not a in a single unicorn like SINGLE PAYER! If we are honest with ourselves about reform, we must take a hard look at creating downward pressure on costs. The most common reform approach, single payer, does not do that. It continues upward pressure. All single payer will do is to eventually lead us to rationing. (Rationing might not be a bad thing for the country as a whole, but it is terrible when applied to individuals.)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT