ADVERTISEMENT

So Stiever went in the 5th round

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
I know nothing, but that surprised me he was so high. Good for him. I'd say no chance of him returning, which isn't a shock.

I know nothing, but that surprised me he was so high. Good for him. I'd say no chance of him returning, which isn't a shock.
Yeah, I was a little surprised at that also. He could come back, but players going that high often don't.

Yeah, I was a little surprised at that also. He could come back, but players going that high often don't.
He was predicted in the 4th round by most places actually. Seen as a reliever in MLB. And no he is not returning.

He was predicted in the 4th round by most places actually. Seen as a reliever in MLB. And no he is not returning.
I really didn't see the predictions for him or the other players that are eligible. In my mind, as feeble as that might be, I thought he would go much lower, possibly in the 10th or lower, so good for him. We have some young arms that are showing a lot of promise for next season, so I'm pretty optimistic about that.

I really didn't see the predictions for him or the other players that are eligible. In my mind, as feeble as that might be, I thought he would go much lower, possibly in the 10th or lower, so good for him. We have some young arms that are showing a lot of promise for next season, so I'm pretty optimistic about that.

I think what we missed much of the year was a dominant Friday night starter. Stiever was good, but not always dominant. Where we made up ground was that our Sat-Sun arms were generally better than our opponent.

Despite some REALLY good performances (a few wasted due to crappy offense), I never felt like Stiever was a sure thing on Friday night.

I think what we missed much of the year was a dominant Friday night starter. Stiever was good, but not always dominant. Where we made up ground was that our Sat-Sun arms were generally better than our opponent.

Despite some REALLY good performances (a few wasted due to crappy offense), I never felt like Stiever was a sure thing on Friday night.

He wasn’t DeNato or Hart that’s for sure but we never hit on Friday’s and it had to eventually get in his head. He’s looked at by scouts as a an arm out of the bullpen.

I don't really understand it. I'm obviously no scout, but Herrin is selected not only before Milto - but Pauly wasn't selected at all? Am I missing something? (Of course Denato wasn't chosen until late, despite his dominance in college.) Well, I'm happy he will be back for his senior year, along with the other juniors not selected. And I would think Miller and Herrin could improve their spots if they came back, but we shall see. Stiever should be gone, of course.

Well, a LHP at 6’6” and 230+ throwing in the low 90s is going to get the attention of MLB teams, more so than a RHP in the 87-90 range. Milto is very good, and hopefully he can find a few more MPH while keeping his awesome control during his senior season. Best of luck to all drafted and returning players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT