ADVERTISEMENT

So Missouri- Raise your hand if you're shocked...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
You can deny the science all you want. But Behavior has consequences...

Last weekend...

77571cf9d4c44fc08cff09f2c62d654a

Wonder if the person at that gathering at a lake in the Ozarks that has since exhibited symptoms and tested positive for COVID told themself "it won't happen to me"?

Wonder what type of health insurance they have, and if they are prepared for a possible $300,000+ hospital bill should they find themself needing treatment for 3 or 4 days? Surprise!!

A nice surprise in store for people who know the person, and get a call after attending the "party" with their friend. Even more of a brutal surprise may await people who do NOT know the person, but may have come in close contact with him/her and won't get a call because they never exchanged names...

Some real Darwin candidates at work here, including the Bar owner, who seemingly has no regrets. Even defended his actions on a FB post saying "social distancing is a recommendation, not a law"...

All of this after TWO separate hairstylists at a Great Cuts elsewhere in MO tested positive in the same week and may have exposed as many as 150 people to the virus. Now here is what I would find scary if I had been contemplating going to that Lake party in MO...

The stylists and customers at the Great Clips all reportedly practiced social distancing and wore masks. And yet 2 out of likely z staff of 10 or ao stylists still tested positive. Now we know the first stylist had ignored symptoms and kept working for 5 or 6 days. We also know that stylist reportedly became infected as a result of a trip taken to another part of Missouri where there had been an outbreak. We don't know if stylist A infected stylist B despite the use of precautionary measures...

But this for me is the Darwin award level thinking of the people that went to the Lake. You already know there are areas of Missouri where there have been outbreaks. And btw, AR is also part of the Ozarks, and good old hillbilly AR is experiencing a spike in cases. Imagine that...

So now you decide to attend a lake party with hundreds of people in the OZARKS- you know close to AR? And even more Darwinian, you know that people from ALL OVER MISSOURI are likely to also attend. And to top, all this genius thinking off you decide to not only ignore safe practices but to actually FLAUNT your deliberate rejection of even minimal safety steps? It didn't even take a week for one of your fellow guests to test positive...

Can a whole state qualify for a Darwin?

https://news.yahoo.com/partygoer-attended-now-infamous-lake-061037083.html

Reactions: sglowrider
You can deny the science all you want. But Behavior has consequences...

Last weekend...

77571cf9d4c44fc08cff09f2c62d654a

Wonder if the person at that gathering at a lake in the Ozarks that has since exhibited symptoms and tested positive for COVID told themself "it won't happen to me"?

Wonder what type of health insurance they have, and if they are prepared for a possible $300,000+ hospital bill should they find themself needing treatment for 3 or 4 days? Surprise!!

A nice surprise in store for people who know the person, and get a call after attending the "party" with their friend. Even more of a brutal surprise may await people who do NOT know the person, but may have come in close contact with him/her and won't get a call because they never exchanged names...

Some real Darwin candidates at work here, including the Bar owner, who seemingly has no regrets. Even defended his actions on a FB post saying "social distancing is a recommendation, not a law"...

All of this after TWO separate hairstylists at a Great Cuts elsewhere in MO tested positive in the same week and may have exposed as many as 150 people to the virus. Now here is what I would find scary if I had been contemplating going to that Lake party in MO...

The stylists and customers at the Great Clips all reportedly practiced social distancing and wore masks. And yet 2 out of likely z staff of 10 or ao stylists still tested positive. Now we know the first stylist had ignored symptoms and kept working for 5 or 6 days. We also know that stylist reportedly became infected as a result of a trip taken to another part of Missouri where there had been an outbreak. We don't know if stylist A infected stylist B despite the use of precautionary measures...

But this for me is the Darwin award level thinking of the people that went to the Lake. You already know there are areas of Missouri where there have been outbreaks. And btw, AR is also part of the Ozarks, and good old hillbilly AR is experiencing a spike in cases. Imagine that...

So now you decide to attend a lake party with hundreds of people in the OZARKS- you know close to AR? And even more Darwinian, you know that people from ALL OVER MISSOURI are likely to also attend. And to top, all this genius thinking off you decide to not only ignore safe practices but to actually FLAUNT your deliberate rejection of even minimal safety steps? It didn't even take a week for one of your fellow guests to test positive...

Can a whole state qualify for a Darwin?

https://news.yahoo.com/partygoer-attended-now-infamous-lake-061037083.html
People are not going to sit in the house all summer. You can call them hillbillies or whatever if that makes you feel better.

Reactions: ulrey
People are not going to sit in the house all summer. You can call them hillbillies or whatever if that makes you feel better.

Getting outdoors and swimming together are two different things. I play golf several times a week with my buddies, but we do a pretty good job of social distancing. I also mow my grass and go for long walks on the people trails. Whenever I see another pedestrian or bicyclist, I try to get at least six feet away from them. Only idiots would swim with a bunch of other people.

You did infer it, but whatever.
Getting outdoors and swimming together are two different things. I play golf several times a week with my buddies, but we do a pretty good job of social distancing. I also mow my grass and go for long walks on the people trails. Whenever I see another pedestrian or bicyclist, I try to get at least six feet away from them. Only idiots would swim with a bunch of other people.
I'm not going to be congregating with a bunch of folks at a pool either but the majority of folks are going to continue to do what they normally due during the summer.
For some it's golfing , for others going to the lake and downing suds with friends.
I'll be fishing and doing work around the house and a little golfing.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
"Only idiots would swim with a bunch of other people."

Or sweat, or share drinks, or spit, or pee, or shower, or scream.

Thank God Missouri has only 10 electoral votes to cram into the policies that led to that unregulated swimming pool.

Reactions: cosmickid
"Only idiots would swim with a bunch of other people."

Or sweat, or share drinks, or spit, or pee, or shower, or scream.

Thank God Missouri has only 10 electoral votes to cram into the policies that led to that unregulated swimming pool.
Or loot and riot and burn down buildings.

It's crazy in LA right now and only 3:20pm there. Tonight will be interesting, all over.
Crowds in multiple cities protesting. No social distancing but way more masks than I expected. Still not good. Will be interesting to watch how many spikes we see.

Crowds in multiple cities protesting. No social distancing but way more masks than I expected. Still not good. Will be interesting to watch how many spikes we see.
The slow reopenings, the distancing, the hygienic vigilance, the masking, all that is intended to delay widespread infection until such time as better treatments and a vaccine could be brought online. (This presumes that the hospitals can handle the anticipated localized outbreaks.)

Those delaying actions were bound to fall by the wayside as time went on. This is just going to make that happen sooner in many areas.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Give it another three to four weeks then we will see. The protestors will generally be fine -- youngish. But who their secondary contacts will be after will be the interesting part.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The slow reopenings, the distancing, the hygienic vigilance, the masking, all that is intended to delay widespread infection until such time as better treatments and a vaccine could be brought online. (This presumes that the hospitals can handle the anticipated localized outbreaks.)

Those delaying actions were bound to fall by the wayside as time went on. This is just going to make that happen sooner in many areas.

Its behavioural psychology. The most recent reliable studies around habitual change state that for lasting behavioural change, you are looking at a minimum of 3 months of repetitive action before it becomes a permanent aspect of your life.

Not even at the 3-month stage and there are also lots of other variables. So it’s no surprise that people will just go back to normal. Most people’s brain just don’t know better.

If lockdown had lasted 5-6 months, we would almost certainly have seen a lasting shift in the mentality of the masses.

How much blame do we assign the 9 week lockdown for the uncivil pandemonium happening across our great nation? Having been backed into a corner, why is anybody surprised people are going berserk? And they're all wearing masks because it's the rulez! Pissed off already. Just needed an excuse

How much blame do we assign the 9 week lockdown for the uncivil pandemonium happening across our great nation? Having been backed into a corner, why is anybody surprised people are going berserk? And they're all wearing masks because it's the rulez! Pissed off already. Just needed an excuse

The blame for the riots is extremely simple, a POS white cop kneeling on the neck of a restrained black dude while taunting him.

The riots have nothing to do with being pent up.

Riots in themselves go through stages. A match point and it's reaction....then people pile on to the anarchy...then the media has to report it fueling the energy of the riot.

But the match was the white cop arrogantly killing a restrained black man and the image of white supreamacy with its knee on the neck of a the black community led to the explosion.

The president bonespur poured ten gallons of gasoline by evoking the civil rights white southern police mantra of lootings lead to shootings.

Next thing you know cities are now burning across the country.

Pretty simple time-line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT