ADVERTISEMENT

So Let's Pretend for a Moment

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
Let's pretend that the election had not been stolen and The Donald and FLOTUS-ILF were still in their rightful home on Penciltuckey Ave.

While we all know the Afghanistan situation would have gone much better, the DOW would be at 47,000 and Kamallawalladingdong would not have to spend all her time at ther border...(Sarcasm Off)...what would the vax battle look like?

If Trump were in the WH would all these anti-mask anti-vaccine Jethros have gotten the shot because it was delivered by the MAN.

Would the lefties be "skeptical" because it was developed under warp speed and launched by the FDA where trump had his finger in the pie? We did hear a lot more skeptisim back then from Harris, Biden and pelosi among others. These are after all the traditional anti vaxxers and the "keep your laws off my va-jj crowd".

I honestly wonder what the difference would be.

Let's pretend that the election had not been stolen and The Donald and FLOTUS-ILF were still in their rightful home on Penciltuckey Ave.

While we all know the Afghanistan situation would have gone much better, the DOW would be at 47,000 and Kamallawalladingdong would not have to spend all her time at ther border...(Sarcasm Off)...what would the vax battle look like?

If Trump were in the WH would all these anti-mask anti-vaccine Jethros have gotten the shot because it was delivered by the MAN.

Would the lefties be "skeptical" because it was developed under warp speed and launched by the FDA where trump had his finger in the pie? We did hear a lot more skeptisim back then from Harris, Biden and pelosi among others. These are after all the traditional anti vaxxers and the "keep your laws off my va-jj crowd".

I honestly wonder what the difference would be.
The politicization of the vaccine started with Democrats parroting a distrust of a "Trump created" vaccine. They knew full well, it wasn't like Trump wasn't in a lab creating a vaccine or forcing through a vaccine without necessary precautions, it was just a cheap political swipe and partially because they didn't believe Trump's aggressive timeline assertions.

That then flipped after Biden took over, because the Trump cult is so tribal, anything Biden told them, they would do the opposite.

I have no doubt we'd see higher GOP vax levels and lower D vax levels if Trump was still in office, to what extent, I don't know.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
Hard to say. Maybe slightly better. Hesitancy to take the vaccine has alot of fronts. While there are certainly those that would take it because Trump said so that wouldn't otherwise, I don't think that is a large enough percentage to offset the increased liberals who would suddenly find issue with it.

Would the lefties be "skeptical" because it was developed under warp speed and launched by the FDA where trump had his finger in the pie? We did hear a lot more skeptisim back then from Harris, Biden and pelosi among others.

It depends. If Trump fired Fauci and put new people in at the CDC and the FDA it might have caused some people pause. Then again, since the election was over, Trump wouldn't have any political stake in pushing things out before they should have been.

My shithouse guess is that he might have lost a few Trump antagonists, but would have picked up far more Trump supporters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT