ADVERTISEMENT

So I am sure you have seen this story from deepest redneck TX

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004

Maskers tossed from a good god-feer'n Freedumb lov'n S-tablshment run by "Tom" who looks like a penis with readers on.

Go to Yelp Hang Time Rolett and read the questions that have been submitted and answered about the place

Comedy gold.

Maskers tossed from a good god-feer'n Freedumb lov'n S-tablshment run by "Tom" who looks like a penis with readers on.

Go to Yelp Hang Time Rolett and read the questions that have been submitted and answered about the place

Comedy gold.
Truth be known, the kid was probably screaming and being annoying!

Comedy gold.
Couple of things. The restaurant owner is being ridiculous.

But the other question that I have is why do they feel the need to wear masks in public, to protect their son, yet not at home, or during the picture they took for CNN. That makes 0 sense to me. Sounds like they are being every bit as political as the restaurant owner

Reactions: Lucy01

But the other question that I have is why do they feel the need to wear masks in public, to protect their son, yet not at home, or during the picture they took for CNN. That makes 0 sense to me. Sounds like they are being every bit as political as the restaurant owner
Why wouldn't they wear a mask in their own home vs why did they wear one in a public restaurant? Did you just ask that question? Do you seriously not know the answer?

Similarly, I was curious why my clothes are dry while I'm in my house, but lo and behold, when I walk out into the rain and I'll be damned if my clothes didn't get wet. Must be a George Soros plot.

Why wouldn't they wear a mask in their own home vs why did they wear one in a public restaurant? Did you just ask that question? Do you seriously not know the answer?

Similarly, I was curious why my clothes are dry while I'm in my house, but lo and behold, when I walk out into the rain and I'll be damned if my clothes didn't get wet. Must be a George Soros plot.
Read Better!!

This is the title of the article:

Texas couple asked to leave restaurant for wearing face masks to protect their immunocompromised infant​

Why do they need to where a face mask in public to protect their son, but not while posing for a CNN photo, holding their son?

Read Better!!

This is the title of the article:

Texas couple asked to leave restaurant for wearing face masks to protect their immunocompromised infant​

Why do they need to where a face mask in public to protect their son, but not while posing for a CNN photo, holding their son?
Yeah, I read that.

People with immunocompromised family members aren't wearing masks 24/7 in their homes and no one is asking them to do that. It's perfectly reasonable for them to wear them in public. Come on man.

Reactions: outside shooter

Well, I'm going to side with the restaurant owner on this one. He has a rule, and the patrons have a choice whether or not to eat there. Assuming that they were told to remove their masks, I feel the owner should be able to enforce this rule, as dumb as it might be here. In this case, the choice is a no-brainer. This place sounds like a haven for all kinds of nasty shit, with Covid being the least of it.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Yeah, I read that.

People with immunocompromised family members aren't wearing masks 24/7 in their homes. It's perfectly reasonable for them to wear them in public. Come on man.
I completely understand that. I still wear a mask frequently. That said, are they wearing their mask in a public restaurant to protect their son, as the article states? Or for the benefit of others. One makes sense. One makes no sense.

Well, I'm going to side with the restaurant owner on this one. He has a rule, and the patrons have a choice whether or not to eat there. Assuming that they were told to remove their masks, I feel the owner should be able to enforce this rule, as dumb as it might be here. In this case, the choice is a no-brainer. This place sounds like a haven for all kinds of nasty shit, with Covid being the least of it.
Does he have the right to do that? I assume he does. That being said, I would not visit his restaurant if he is enforcing that rule, and you know which side of the aisle I sit on.

I completely understand that. I still wear a mask frequently. That said, are they wearing their mask in a public restaurant to protect their son, as the article states? Or for the benefit of others. One makes sense. One makes no sense.
They could be wearing a mask to protect themselves from getting COVID, so they don't pass it onto their son.

I think you're looking for an 'a-ha' moment where there isn't one.

Does he have the right to do that? I assume he does. That being said, I would not visit his restaurant if he is enforcing that rule, and you know which side of the aisle I sit on.
Absent any masks mandates, I would think he has the right.
I wonder if the idiots going to school board meetings and laughing at kids telling stories about their deceased grandmas will pay attention.

Last edited:
They could be wearing a mask to protect themselves from getting COVID, so they don't pass it onto their son.

I think you're looking for an 'a-ha' moment where there isn't one.
I've been told for 18 months that you wear a mask for the protection of others. When I see a title that says:

I will call bullshit.

You aren't reading correctly... the mask are to protect the OTHER people around you so it makes 0 sense to wear one in public (if the idea is to protect their son) and then not wear one at home.

If they are wearing N95 or KN95 mask then what you say makes sense.

You aren't reading correctly... the mask are to protect the OTHER people around you so it makes 0 sense to wear one in public (if the idea is to protect their son) and then not wear one at home.
You're wrong about that.

Masks can be worn to protect you too, as evinced by the article I posted above. And besides, no one is advocating for people to wear masks in your own home.

I've been told for 18 months that you wear a mask for the protection of others. When I see a title that says:

I will call bullshit.
Well, these people felt that wearing masks was in their best interest to protect their son. I don't see why that would be an issue for anyone, save for anyone trying to make a political point. And there are studies/reports that suggest wearing a mask can reduce your risk of getting sick with COVID and other things.

Sorry they didn't check with you first before heading out.

You're wrong about that.

Masks can be worn to protect you too, as evinced by the article I posted above. And besides, no one is advocating for people to wear masks in your own home.
I always wear a KN95 mask when I go out into a public area. It offers decent protection. While it wouldn't filter out a virus, viruses normally don't float around by themselves since they are normally attached to something (water droplet) and the KN95 mask would probably stop most of those

18 months ago you were told wrong. 14 months or so ago we had data to show that masks protect both the wearer and the people around the wearer, by an amount much more than 0% and also much less than 100%. And you were told all about that.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
1200x0.jpg

Absent any masks mandates, I would think he has the right.
I wonder if the idiots going to school board meetings and laughing at kids telling stories about their deceased grandmas will pay attention.
It is tit for tat. I don't know at what point the Rubicon was crossed, but we have got far too many people in this country who are just dead set on not minding their own f-ing business. The masks in a restaurant are just virtue signaling nonsense anyway. You wear them for about 2-5 minutes tops in my experience. Walk in and talk to the hostess. Usually told to wait in car until they text you. Go back to hostess in mask. Walk to your table. Sit down. Order drinks. Masks off until you get ready to leave and then put back on to walk out door with mask.

Forget whether you think masks are effective, there is no way that the way masks are being used in this instance is effective.

From my perspective, quite a few of the COVID zealots have gone way overboard...like kicking a mother and child off a plane because her toddler won't keep his mask on. Some people are frankly sick of their shit. Is it right what the restaurant guy did? Probably not, but I understand the sentiment behind it.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
This reminds me of those restaurants a while back that thought they were cool for cutting off neckties of their patrons with no warning.

Totally irrational.

It is tit for tat. I don't know at what point the Rubicon was crossed, but we have got far too many people in this country who are just dead set on not minding their own f-ing business. The masks in a restaurant are just virtue signaling nonsense anyway. You wear them for about 2-5 minutes tops in my experience. Walk in and talk to the hostess. Usually told to wait in car until they text you. Go back to hostess in mask. Walk to your table. Sit down. Order drinks. Masks off until you get ready to leave and then put back on to walk out door with mask.

Forget whether you think masks are effective, there is no way that the way masks are being used in this instance is effective.

From my perspective, quite a few of the COVID zealots have gone way overboard...like kicking a mother and child off a plane because her toddler won't keep his mask on. Some people are frankly sick of their shit. Is it right what the restaurant guy did? Probably not, but I understand the sentiment behind it.
I'm sure the couple had a baby with CF to virtue signal.

Reactions: UncleMark
18 months ago you were told wrong. 14 months or so ago we had data to show that masks protect both the wearer and the people around the wearer, by an amount much more than 0% and also much less than 100%. And you were told all about that.
The masks that most people wear have limited efficacy in stopping viral spread. To have much impact everyone would need to be doing what doctors do in a hospital. Use medical grade face masks, change them regularly, wash hands regularly, etc.

It is believed this virus leaked because of lax protective policies at the Wuhan Virology Lab. It was supposed to be a BSL4 lab, because of the types of viruses they were studying. Here is what a BSL4 lab safety suit looks like:

185042b7-d712-493d-83d4-c161d47f7d64.jpg

Instead the facility was operating at a BSL2 level, which I have seen described as a dentist office. Here's a dentist:

iStock-1147580332-1200x628-dentist-in-personal-protective-gear-1024x536-1.jpg

And that is a dentist being "extra careful" during COVID by adding a face shield with his mask.

Yeah, masks are effective at stopping some of the viral spread but the level of effectiveness depends on the mask and how it is used. We all know that the cloth masks on sale at the market, which is what most people are wearing, are not very effective.

The masks that most people wear have limited efficacy in stopping viral spread. To have much impact everyone would need to be doing what doctors do in a hospital. Use medical grade face masks, change them regularly, wash hands regularly, etc.

It is believed this virus leaked because of lax protective policies at the Wuhan Virology Lab. It was supposed to be a BSL4 lab, because of the types of viruses they were studying. Here is what a BSL4 lab safety suit looks like:

185042b7-d712-493d-83d4-c161d47f7d64.jpg

Instead the facility was operating at a BSL2 level, which I have seen described as a dentist office. Here's a dentist:

iStock-1147580332-1200x628-dentist-in-personal-protective-gear-1024x536-1.jpg

And that is a dentist being "extra careful" during COVID by adding a face shield with his mask.

Yeah, masks are effective at stopping some of the viral spread but the level of effectiveness depends on the mask and how it is used. We all know that the cloth masks on sale at the market, which is what most people are wearing, are not very effective.
But they make the anxiety ridden feel comfortable and their is no sunset on making people feel comfortable. Masks for all! Forever!

I'm sure the couple had a baby with CF to virtue signal.
Then stay home. Go to another restaurant. It is the business owners right to conduct business as he sees fit, right?

I empathize with the people, I do. Having that stress at home, they were probably looking to get out a bit. Then they ran into someone who doesn't agree with their life choices because we have some people in this country who have been on a COVID inspired power trip for a year and a half and they got caught up in the middle of it.

It sucks. It sucks when it happens to people like the black couple out to have dinner in NYC and getting thrown out of the restaurant. It is embarrassing. But up until recently it mostly went one way. There is a whole bunch of pent up animosity on both sides of this that didn't need to be that way, but here we are. And people end up being casualties of the disdain we have for each other over what a mask has come to symbolize.

Then stay home. Go to another restaurant. It is the business owners right to conduct business as he sees fit, right?

I empathize with the people, I do. Having that stress at home, they were probably looking to get out a bit. Then they ran into someone who doesn't agree with their life choices because we have some people in this country who have been on a COVID inspired power trip for a year and a half and they got caught up in the middle of it.

It sucks. It sucks when it happens to people like the black couple out to have dinner in NYC and getting thrown out of the restaurant. It is embarrassing. But up until recently it mostly went one way. Their is a whole bunch of pent up animosity on both sides of this that didn't need to be that way, but here we are. And people end up being casualties of the disdain we have for each other over what a mask has come to symbolize.
So, what are we arguing about...which side is virtue signaling more? Seems silly, mainly because I have no idea what that term means, and never see it anywhere but here. To me, it would be in the same pile that COH threw terms like "goal post moving" , "lack of self awareness" and "reality based"...except he uses it all the time.

Anyway, in this instance, you can't honestly say that the couple is virtue signaling more than the restaurant owner. They left. He's still a dumbass.

Ramping up widespread production and availability of true N95 masks for everyone in America was a gaping hole in the strategy 18 months ago and is still a gaping hole today.

There doesn't seem to be a desire to correct that mistake. So... at least use what we DO have.

So, what are we arguing about...which side is virtue signaling more? Seems silly, mainly because I have no idea what that term means, and never see it anywhere but here. To me, it would be in the same pile that COH threw terms like "goal post moving" , "lack of self awareness" and "reality based"...except he uses it all the time.

Anyway, in this instance, you can't honestly say that the couple is virtue signaling more than the restaurant owner. They left. He's still a dumbass.
I am saying everyone sucks here. The masks, or the lack thereof, have become a virtue signal. So if you have people like this, who appear to have a really valid reason, COVID or not, to want to wear a mask; they are getting caught in the crossfire of our two warring sides.

I think if people want to be vaccinated, great...let them. And if they don't, then don't. I think people should mask or not mask as they feel comfortable. And I believe we should all respect each other's decisions on stuff like that and mind our own damn business.

Only one group of people view masks as a virtue signal. Most view it the same way we view wearing seatbelts or wearing bicycle helmets. Common sense. Wearing a seatbelt doesn't give me the urge to drive 140 mph, and wearing a bike helmet doesn't make me not have to watch out for cars.

It is believed this virus leaked because of lax protective policies at the Wuhan Virology Lab. It was supposed to be a BSL4 lab, because of the types of viruses they were studying
Have you read this article? Some of these people should be injected with those viruses and kept isolated.

Only one group of people view masks as a virtue signal. Most view it the same way we view wearing seatbelts or wearing bicycle helmets. Common sense. Wearing a seatbelt doesn't give me the urge to drive 140 mph, and wearing a bike helmet doesn't make me not have to watch out for cars.
The vaccine is the seatbelt (actually effective and protects me). The mask is me strapping a mattress to the hood of my car in the event I get in a crash with someone who is not wearing a seat belt and they go through the windshield.

Edit to add:
Actually, seat belt laws decreased the number of deaths/ accident but overall deaths remained flat due to a higher accident rate. This is called the Peltzman effect and takes into account human risk calculation decisions. Something Democrats don’t do well.

Bad analogy.

In summation. Knock off the seatbelt analogies. Don't make me tell you a third time.

Comedy gold.

Tom is being exposed as one of the many idiots that our country would be better without if we are being honest. The always and anti-maskers are equally as appalling and disgusting.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

It goes beyond this if we're being honest. The staff, owner, etc. may want to take a political stand. But, denying people with a valid health-related reason the right to wear a mask goes against common sense and personal liberty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT