ADVERTISEMENT

So how many teams go undrafted this year?

35 by my reckoning

My estimate is that the final teams taken from the standard leagues need to predict out to 5 wins.

Here's how I predict the unclaimed to go, starting with the undraftable:

ACC-2
A10-3
B10-2
B12-2
B.East-3
Colonial-3
CUSA-2
Horizon-1
MAC-4
MVC-0
MWC-2
P10-1
SEC-3
WAC-3

Then by math, 4 more of the border-line teams will not make the grade to get drafted.

Depends on what you mean...

I mean the obvious answer is the total number of D1 teams minus the independants minus 140 (the total number of picks), since we are using the At Larges and theoretically that puts every single D1 team minus the independants in play... so that is something in the 150-range I think for undrafted teams...

If you assume that everyone will take an at-large team and you factor out the rest of the atlarges, that means there will be 130 picks out of the Roto leagues... so again, theoretically we will go 9 or 10 deep in each league, but no more than that....

But, that isn't real either, because some of us might consider the 12th best Beast team a better value than the 8th best Horizon team or something... so the bigger leagues we could go deeper into, leaving more teams at play int he smaller leagues...

Afe to say that if you worked backwards and listed the very worst team (in your opinion) in each league, you're probably safe in not havign to take any of them.... but maybe me and Rolo and JM and HB and Gloriana will have to take what we think might be the second worst team in a league in the 10th, depending on how we play it... You guys in the middle and back end are probably safe from the two worst teams (by your figuring) in each league... maybe...

But again... lets say I think Iowa is the worst team int he B10... Do I think Iowa will get more B10 wins than the bottom three teams in the MAC or the Wac?... Yes... I do... So I'd rather have Iowa than any of those 6 teams... it gets complicated.
This post was edited on 11/13 12:32 PM by clubjockey

ADVERTISEMENT