ADVERTISEMENT

So how far into this are we?

Every 7 seconds, 8 Americans are diagnosed positive for COVID-19.

Every 1 min 26 seconds, we have an American death by COVID-19.

Good thing we rounded the corner.

Last edited:
He like Trump didn't take the early warnings seriously. Telling half the world that he even met Covid patients, handshakes them and low & behold, got Rona a few weeks later. Went on ventilator too.

He did pivot but unfortunately his poor messaging and delivery of the measures further confused the people who by now, were only half-serious on it and the other half confused on what needs to be done.

Early denial and general incompetence were his biggest problem. Some of his cabinet members had even ignored their own lockdown rules -- so like in the States, if the leadership arent taking things seriously, why should the rest of the population.

Trump on the other hand persists on making the message murky. And no pivot.

But both own the two worst Covid numbers in the world, per capita in Boris' case.

Brazil is right behind -- another country with the leader who is a Covid denier.

Once you start badly ie deny or delay -- then the decision-making tree/pathways just spirals down a path of bad or worse choices.

Trump is pathologically incapable of admitting he has ever made a mistake. Yes, even a single mistake.

He doubles down on EVERYTHING. And by holding rallies and packing them in like sardines, he’s literally killing people right now because of that proclivity.

The ONLY way we have a decent chance of things not spiraling out of complete control is to have a new leader. Even then, I fear that the damage will be even worse than we could’ve imagined.

It was inevitable that Trump would seriously eff something up. It’s kind of his thing. And once he does, he tends to really eff it up.

The ONLY way we have a decent chance of things not spiraling out of complete control is to have a new leader. Even then, I fear that the damage will be even worse than we could’ve imagined.

It was inevitable that Trump would seriously eff something up. It’s kind of his thing. And once he does, he tends to really eff it up.

Americans can only change if it affects their pocketbook or; are reactionary in general ie. in this case, with catastrophic death/mortality numbers.

With that in mind, even if Biden was to come in, he would be faced with severe huddles:

1) Financially, Congress would be strapped unless they are willing to go deeper into debt. But if McTurtle is still leading the Senate, they will suddenly rediscover their fiscal responsibilities religion to the American people. So that maybe half cooked at best and then you have a slow slide into another recession to ensure that Biden is a one-term president.

2) If you cant control the pandemic you will never be able to fix the economy.
The way you control as in most Asian countries is to choke the oxygen out of the community for the virus to spread. That requires mandatory masking and social distancing. Then have rapid deployment hit squads swoop in to shut down any embryonic spreads within the community ie quarantine. (Thats what we do here.)

Also, there must be enough test kits and especially testing equipment with excess capacity so that the swab results can be returned within 24hrs.

And going back to the 1st statement, make sure people arent hurt by being quarantined. Pay them for staying at home during the quarantine.
But that goes back to point #1.

A President Biden can try and cajole every republican governor to mandate the masks in their respective states. But you can be sure that Trump will tweet them into resisting. Using the bully pulpit isn't enough.

Tie it to financial/federal incentives for adopting proper measures with accountability and measurables. I am sure this is much easier than before with most states being cash strapped by now like maybe through a federal vaccine programme.
But I see vaccine distribution even after it comes out in 2021 problematic too. Not just for distribution but also the supply of the raw materials. Not even to mention the anti-vaxxers hanging around.

Failing all of the above, you strap yourself in and ride the descent into chaos and high death numbers -- before most politicians/people come to their senses and take the draconian measures.

Then wait for the country to climb out of this in 2023 --- only for the Republican presidential candidates, maybe including Don Junior to blame Biden for everything that happened starting January 21, 2021 or being Trump-like, since 2008.

Last edited:
We all know it’s serious but what are we doing. Our region is talking about shutting down because of hospitalizations. We have 422 in hospitals out of 3 million people. Lockdowns are not the answer. I don’t know what is but you hear hospitalizations are up that could literally be a few dozen people out of millions. Capacity is so small at hospitals. It’s a shitshow. I wonder what it would take to appreciably increase capacity. That seems an area the feds should be involved by way of subsidies etc
OMG.

You have given us your monotonous neverending lecture for two weeks that we should stop criticizing Trump about Covid because he supposedly has no authority to fight it and that all the authority to fight Covid lies with state and local officials. Now, out of the blue, you claim "the feds should be involved" in increasing local hospital capacity but offer no solution to rising Covid numbers.

You don't acknowledge the obvious fact that rising Covid cases (which you claim is a local issue Trump lacks authority to fight) are causing what you call a "shitshow" of rising hospitalizations (another local issue for which your only offered solution is ... the Trump federal government).

Stop lecturing us.

OMG.

You have given us your monotonous neverending lecture for two weeks that we should stop criticizing Trump about Covid because he supposedly has no authority to fight it and that all the authority to fight Covid lies with state and local officials. Now, out of the blue, you claim "the feds should be involved" in increasing local hospital capacity but offer no solution to rising Covid numbers.

You don't acknowledge the obvious fact that rising Covid cases (which you claim is a local issue Trump lacks authority to fight) are causing what you call a "shitshow" of rising hospitalizations (another local issue for which your only offered solution is ... the Trump federal government).

Stop lecturing us.
Your post is nothing but propaganda !

OMG.

Stop lecturing us.
Lmao I said feds can provide funding support to be assistive to states. That’s it. I said we have 422 people in the hospital in my region out of 3 million. Lockdowns aren’t the answer. The entire issue is a shitshow not hospitalizations. Stop lecturing us lol. GFY. Hypocrite. There are a hundred posts a day about cases, cases, cases as well as oh look Nigeria is doing better. Look through the feed multiple entire threads and you have the temerity to write OMG to me you dumb shit. Here’s the reality. You don’t like ANY opposing viewpoint to your endless circle jerk posts. I read a thousand derivations of the exact same post a day about cases. So don’t be a hypocrite and please GFY. What’s more you can’t read for shit. I said trump has been terrible with messaging but has zero authority. That’s a fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Lmao I said feds can provide funding support to be assistive to states. That’s it. I said we have 422 people in the hospital in my region out of 3 million. Lockdowns aren’t the answer. The entire issue is a shitshow not hospitalizations. Stop lecturing us lol. GFY. Hypocrite. There are a hundred posts a day about cases, cases, cases as well as oh look Nigeria is doing better. Look through the feed multiple entire threads and you have the temerity to write OMG to me you dumb shit. Here’s the reality. You don’t like ANY opposing viewpoint to your endless circle jerk posts. I read a thousand derivations of the exact same post a day about cases. So don’t be a hypocrite and please GFY. What’s more you can’t read for shit. I said trump has been terrible with messaging but has zero authority. That’s a fact.

Below are all derivations of the same message (hundreds if not thousands of the same post) - and on my front page. hypocrite.... now back to your circle jerk

So how far into this are we?

Stanford Study: Trump rallies caused 30K cases & 700 deaths

Don Trump Jr says "covid-19 deaths almost nothing

Taiwan hits 200th day without a new Covid case

Coronavirus case increase sets new U.S. record, rising to over 77K in one day

Long Covid

GA governor in self-quarantine with wife . . .

Seems like the simplest way to end this is talk in terms testing the entire population. Firdt week 20%, second weeks can only go up, eventually reaching the max possible of 100%.

my goal was to approximate what percent of the US population has been bitten by covid to date.

if you tested the entire population at the same time, you'd have to test for current positives, and test everyone at the same time with an antibodies test good enough to tell if someone has been infected at any point in since day 1.

all currently infected + all infected in the past = total infected to date.

divide that by the US population, and you have the percent infected to date.

not being able to test everyone at the same time and not having an antibodies test that good for everyone, makes testing everyone at once an unlikely way to achieve the number i was hoping to learn.

Trump is pathologically incapable of admitting he has ever made a mistake. Yes, even a single mistake.

He doubles down on EVERYTHING. And by holding rallies and packing them in like sardines, he’s literally killing people right now because of that proclivity.

How does President Trump force anyone to attend the hundreds of rallys, tens of thousands of enthusiastic supporters per event?

Reactions: Lucy01
Just to split another hair, we are not talking about infection rates. We are talking about the percent positive tests.

my goal was to learn what percent of the US population has been bitten by covid to date, and using positivity rates when available, and projected positivity rates when not, to achieve that number.

if you have a better way of approximating that number, i'm not married to the way i proposed in the slightest.

and once someone tests positive, they don't get tested again in a perfect scenario to achieve bitten to date. (or not counted twice as positive, if tested so twice).

and testing would need to be random to approximate the percent infected at any given point in time.

seems like knowing how far into this we are right now, or at any point in time, would be quite useful in strategy planning.

obviously knowing everyone who has been bitten to date would be much better, but would require a perfect antibodies test, or any test that shows past infection, to know that.

on a side note, i think a test that shows past infection to be as, or even far more so, useful than a positive/negative test for one point in time.

i think antibodies tests or any test that could detect past infection, to be what has been neglected most to date.

Last edited:
How does President Trump force anyone to attend the hundreds of rallys, tens of thousands of enthusiastic supporters per event?

"Tens of thousands" attend Trump rallies?

Thousands would be more accurate in my view, and this would be doing well.

Tough way to win an election. However, in a state which is close, who knows.

Trump must figure rallies with local television put him over the hump in 2016. The question at hand is whether what worked in 2016 can work in 2020.

Last edited:
For what it's worth... My father-in-law reviews the scans for COVID, etc. in a medium-sized Indiana city. He told us a few weeks ago COVID seemed to calm down and most of the scans were rarely for COVID. This weekend he said all he reviewed in the past week were COVID scans and there's definitely another spike.

He's not missing the s.

Look up what ead means on urban dictionary.

tenor.gif

One or many..

Link?

Likely bullshit!!
I shouldn't have to link to basic math. Infection & death numbers are from CDC or Johns Hopkins.

One day has 60x60X24 = 86,400 seconds.
Since we have had several days with nearly 100,000 new infections, that is a rate of more than one per second.

One day has 60x24 = 1440 minutes
Since we have had several days with 1,000 or more deaths, that is a rate of about one per minute and a half.

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT