ADVERTISEMENT

So, about Chris Mack...

Well he did have..
He's ok ..Not junk..
Has a pretty good class coming..
Some think fantastic..But the reason their rated so high is they have a large class coming.
Not one of them is as good as TJD.
The Tandy kid Mr.Basketball is going to Xavier..
He has unbelievable hop's..Freakish !

He also made the REAL tournament taking over David Padgett’s team.

Minnesota shot lights out and beat them.

He also made the REAL tournament taking over David Padgett’s team.

Minnesota shot lights out and beat them.

Serious question for you, because I want to hear your opinion. Would you rather win the NIT or get upset in the first round of the NCAA? This is not a flamebait question, I promise. Also, anyone else can answer.

Serious question for you, because I want to hear your opinion. Would you rather win the NIT or get upset in the first round of the NCAA? This is not a flamebait question, I promise. Also, anyone else can answer.

I would rather get upset in the first round of the NCAA.
Making (or winning) the NIT can never be considered a successful season for IU.

I'd rather get upset in the NCAAT. That means IU would be a 7 or better seed (8/9 game is basically a toss-up and not really an upset imo) so they'd have had, at very least, a decent season.

If we're talking about a season like this were it might be between an 11 seed or winning the NIT, if choose the winning of the NIT. Especially if that was a play-in 11 seed which it likely would've been for this team had they been selected.

Last edited:
Reactions: ams66
To answer my own question, I would rather win the NIT than get upset in the first round of the NCAA.
That being said, I would rather be in the position to get upset in the first round of the NCAA than be in the position to win the NIT, if you get my drift.

Any chance that you are currently undergoing Hormone replacement therapy? I think we may have been married several years ago.

Make the NCAA.
First game loss ..
Idk...Overall for your team ..NIT championship..
Close to equal..But you'd have have to be in MSG.

Makes sense. You seem like the 17 year old that enjoyed being held back 3 years so he could be the best basketball player on the 8th grade team.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
If we were U of L, we'd be cleaning out our lockers today. IU has an opportunity to play together and improve for another couple of weeks. That's a plus. And it's more opportunities to watch Juwan in an IU uniform.

I think it would also depend on the NCAA seeding. Losing to a lower seed in the first round? IDK... that sucks no matter how you slice it.

If we were U of L, we'd be cleaning out our lockers today. IU has an opportunity to play together and improve for another couple of weeks. That's a plus. And it's more opportunities to watch Juwan in an IU uniform.

I think it would also depend on the NCAA seeding. Losing to a lower seed in the first round? IDK... that sucks no matter how you slice it.
NIT success - Kinda like saying you finished as the valedictorian of a required summer school program

Says the guy that relies on stupid memes for half his posts.

maxresdefault.jpg

:D

Make the REAL tourney...no questions or scenarios about it

I'd rather get upset in the NCAAT. That means IU would be a 7 or better seed (8/9 game is basically a toss-up and not really an upset imo) so they'd have had, at very least, a decent season.

If we're talking about a season like this were it might be between an 11 seed or winning the NIT, if choose the winning of the NIT. Especially if that was a play-in 11 seed which it likely would've been for this team had they been selected.

I understand your reasoning, but if I knew my team had no shot of doing anything in the dance I would much rather my season last longer in the nit

I'll admit I'm a chris Mack fan and I was rooting for him to be hired when IU hired Archie. But it was because I like Xavier and UE and he had ties to both of those programs and did a fine coaching job at the X. I had no idea then and don't now which one will prove to be better after it is all said and done.

I understand your reasoning, but if I knew my team had no shot of doing anything in the dance I would much rather my season last longer in the nit
So you were happy when it was announced UK would play in the NIT back in 2013?

Actually it didn’t bother me because I knew without Noel we had no shot in the dance we lost to Robert Morris case closed
Worse than either is having 2 studs like John Wall and Demarcus Cousins, paired w Darius Miller and Eric Bledsoe, get beat by West Virginia to keep from a Final Four trip abt 2.5 hours from the UK campus...

If only youd made the NIT that year you could have won a championship! Do you regret that!?!?

Worse than either is having 2 studs like John Wall and Demarcus Cousins, paired w Darius Miller and Eric Bledsoe, get beat by West Virginia to keep from a Final Four trip abt 2.5 hours from the UK campus...

If only youd made the NIT that year you could have won a championship! Do you regret that!?!?
Not really considering we shot 2-86 against West Virginia from 3 we were bad that game you can’t do that in the tournament

Not really considering we shot 2-86 against West Virginia from 3 we were bad that game you can’t do that in the tournament
I had eight Final Four tix for months, around xmas maybe - was hoping to take my parents who are UK fans w self and wife to the games, and sell the other 4 to pay for part of my costs...UK was so strong i had no dount abt buying them in Dec.

Plus Kansas lost in E8 too, Purdue fell apart that year w Hummel injury , OhioSt too.

After UK and KU lost in E8 tix prices dropped 1/2.
Luckily Mich St made it to get my money back on the extra four...bc Duke, WV, and Butler didnt help at all.

But paid $600 per ticket for the entire final 4 and inches from a buzzerbeater Butler NatChamp over Duke..form abt 15-20 rows up.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
I'm not saying I like it... the question was a hypothetical based on two scenarios - neither of which were optimal.
There is something to be said for finishing the season with five consecutive wins over teams with winning seasons.

Reactions: speroni
It’s no different than you pretending to be an attorney, is it?
I'm not pretending, I've had the same user name for the past 9 years, and I'm not a criminal. There's actually very large differences between you (or whatever name you are using this minute) and me.

You get some extra birthday card money this year, Mr. Internet Tough Guy? You've been outed, bring in all the mods you want.

The mods can track IP adresses, I was saying let's bring them in to debunk your claim.

You seem to have an obsession of sorts for investigating people you believe have multiple handles.

Just look at your avatar...

Dont get me wrong, I wasn't a fan of Ordfan or any other iterations he may have.

But you need to find some enjoyment out of this board other than amateur sleuthing and false accusations.

Try a real discussion once and a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT