ADVERTISEMENT

Sneak peek at the new video board at The Bart

I posted on Tuesday while at the game that it appears much larger in person than it did in the many pics that have been posted during its construction. Can’t wait to see it actually working.

Reactions: RBB89
I posted on Tuesday while at the game that it appears much larger in person than it did in the many pics that have been posted during its construction. Can’t wait to see it actually working.
Yep. It’s a pretty dang large board.

It is 27x49. The new boards at Memorial Stadium are 20x60 and 42x91. For a baseball comparison, the new board at AAA Louisville Slugger Field down in Louisville is 29x45.

There is one addition to the park that I did not like, if it is permanent. There are now bleachers just beyond the right field fence in the area that my son and many other kids would sometimes play catch before or during a game. The bleachers have a sign at the top that says Student Athletic Board or something like that. They take up a third or so of that enclosed area and will probably put an end to young kids playing in that area. Not sure of the thought process there.

Reactions: jmbennett
There is one addition to the park that I did not like, if it is permanent. There are now bleachers just beyond the right field fence in the area that my son and many other kids would sometimes play catch before or during a game. The bleachers have a sign at the top that says Student Athletic Board or something like that. They take up a third or so of that enclosed area and will probably put an end to young kids playing in that area. Not sure of the thought process there.
I believe there is still a grassy area behind that that is enclosed in the fenced in area before you get to the hill where people sit for free that is technically outside of the stadium. I believe those bleachers are in that little cubbyhole area with the artificial turf. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: jmbennett
Those are permanent. It’s the new student section.

Those are permanent. It’s the new student section.

Why there? I don't understand the logic for a number of reasons. First, why would students want to sit way out there when for most games they can sit much closer. Second, why take away an area that young fans have enjoyed since it opened? Finally, if those seats were absolutely needed, why not slide them over to Right Center and leave the field turf play area? I'll be interested to see how much it is utilized during the regular season.

For those in the know, I'm curious as to how this compares to some of the other video boards in the B1G.
It’s the largest in the conference. Nebraska’s is 17x34. For another comparison, UofL installed a new board in 2015. It is 23x36 (ours is 27x49).

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT